HPI CheckHere at PistonHeads we all like nice shiny new cars but as enthusiasts we can also acknowledge that sometimes you can't beat a past master from the used market. If you are in the market for a second-hand car you will also know that it can be a tricky business and while checking the engine over and taking it for a test drive will give you a feel for its mechanical condition, you also need to know what might have happened in the vehicle's history. Obviously any problems in the past could affect its title, mechanical integrity, safety, value and overall condition.
To help you find out all you need to know about your next used car's history, PistonHeads has teamed up with HPI. An HPI Check will now be offered on cars listed on the PistonHeads classifieds section and when you buy this service for the vehicle you're interested in, it will provide information on the following:
- Is it registered as stolen on the Police National Computer?
- Is there any outstanding finance on the vehicle?
- Has the vehicle been written off by an insurance company, as a result of either damage or theft?
- If it has been written off, has it been inspected and passed before returning to the road?
- Is it on the Security Watch register (does it belong to a fleet/hire company?)
- Are there any mileage discrepancies registered against the vehicle? The National Mileage Register has over 125 million mileages on it, providing the most comprehensive mileage resource available.
In addition, the HPI Check also:
- has a unique document check system, checking the V5 serial number and issue data against each other
- corroborates the registration plate and VIN against each other and provides details of the vehicle description as registered with the DVLA
- gives details of previous plates, and any associated issues with those plates
- gives you the CO2 rating so that you can check which VED banding your car will fall into
- provides a valuation (where available), based on the vehicle age and mileage
- comes with a 2 year £30,000 HPI Guarantee, protecting you from financial loss should HPI provide you with inaccurate or incomplete information (subject to terms and conditions)
Telephone: 0845 300 8905