MGA MK1 ROADSTER - LHD (1960)
However, falling sales of the traditional MG 'T Series' models caused a change of heart and the car, initially to be called the MG UA-series, was brought back.
As it was so different from the older MG models it was to replace, it was called the MGA, the "First of a new line" to quote the contemporary advertising at the time.
There was also a new BMC Engine available at the time and the MGA was fitted with this new 1500cc
straight-4 "B series" Engine from the MG Magnette. Suspension was independent with coil springs and wishbones at the front and a rigid axle with semi-elliptic springs at the rear, rack and pinion steering and either wire or steel road wheels.
This stunning LHD example is a 1960 MK1 Roadster which was built for the North American market and sold new in California, USA. It spent all of its life in California until being completely rebuilt in 2002/3 and was then sold to the current owner from Malta in 2004 after he saw the car and fell in love with it, whilst on holiday in California.
After enjoying the car for 10 years in Malta he has decided to sell it and it was shipped to us here in London to sell on his behalf.
The car is absolutely stunning throughout and has been restored to a very high standard. It is finished in Black with Dark Red Leather trim, Black carpets, MG Rubber Mats, Red vinyl Soft Top, Side Screens + Wind Deflectors, original Bakelite Steering Wheel and Dashboard fittings, fully carpeted Boot compartment, rebuilt 1598cc Engine, 4 Speed Gearbox, new Exhaust System, all new/re-chromed bumpers, grille and windscreen surround and Chrome Wire Wheels with White-Wall Tyres. It has a fully detailed Engine Bay and most ancillaries, wiring and copper piping were renewed at the time of the restoration.
The car will be registered in the UK upon sale (unless sold abroad) and it will come fully serviced with a new MOT, period number plates and 6 months mechanical Warranty.
It is in fabulous condition throughout and it really must be seen and driven. An appreciating asset!
Car on display @ our showrooms in Mortlake.
Buyer toolsInsurance quote » Finance » Servicing » Warranty »
- Mileage: 43,000
- Year: 1960
- Doors: 2
- Body type: Convertible
- Transmission type: Manual
- Fuel type: Petrol
- Colour: Black
- Engine layout: Front Engined
- Aspiration: Normally Aspirated
- Engine size (Litres): 1.6
- Engine configuration: 4 cylinder
- Cylinders: 4
- Engine power (BHP): 78
- Top speed (MPH): 96
- Acceleration: 0 to 62 in 13.5 seconds
- Fuel consumption (MPG): 29.7
- Driven wheels: Rear Wheel Drive
- 1,161 miles
- 37,000 miles
- 84 bhp
- 49,800 miles
- 84 bhp
- Used MG in Ilford (1)
- Used MG in Kingston upon Thames (1)
- Used MG in Mortlake (5)
- Used MG in Pinner (1)
- Used MG in Sidcup (1)
- Used MG in Whetstone (1)
- Used MG in Wimbledon (1)
- Used cars in Birmingham (1409)
- Used cars in Bristol (1381)
- Used cars in Cardiff (1818)
- Used cars in Derby (1356)
- Used cars in Doncaster (1577)
- Used cars in Edinburgh (1770)
- Used cars in Glasgow (3444)
- Used cars in Leeds (2352)
- Used cars in Newcastle upon Tyne (1454)
- Used cars in Northampton (1276)
- Used cars in Sheffield (1399)
- Used cars in East Midlands (9820)
- Used cars in East of England (12691)
- Used cars in London (5411)
- Used cars in North East (5809)
- Used cars in North West (11152)
- Used cars in Scotland (13734)
- Used cars in South East (17429)
- Used cars in South West (8007)
- Used cars in Wales (3981)
- Used cars in West Midlands (9357)
- Used cars in Yorkshire and The Humber (13833)
No recent searches