MGA MK1 ROADSTER - LHD (1960)
However, falling sales of the traditional MG 'T Series' models caused a change of heart and the car, initially to be called the MG UA-series, was brought back.
As it was so different from the older MG models it was to replace, it was called the MGA, the "First of a new line" to quote the contemporary advertising at the time.
There was also a new BMC Engine available at the time and the MGA was fitted with this new 1500cc
straight-4 "B series" Engine from the MG Magnette. Suspension was independent with coil springs and wishbones at the front and a rigid axle with semi-elliptic springs at the rear, rack and pinion steering and either wire or steel road wheels.
This stunning LHD example is a 1960 MK1 1600 Roadster which was built in Abingdon for the North American market and it was sold new in California, USA.
It spent all of its life in California and in 2002/3 it was completely rebuilt to 'Concours' standard and then sold to the current owner from Malta in 2004 after he fell in love with the car whilst on holiday in California.
After enjoying the car for 10 years in Malta he has decided to sell it and on a recommendation of a friend in Malta who is a customer of ours, he has shipped the car to us to sell on his behalf.
The car is absolutely stunning throughout and has been restored to a very high standard. It is finished in Black with Dark Red Leather trim, Black carpets, MG Rubber Mats, Red vinyl Soft Top, Side Screens + Wind Deflectors, original Bakelite Steering Wheel and Dashboard fittings, fully carpeted Boot compartment, rebuilt 1598cc Engine, 4 Speed Gearbox, front Disc Brakes, new Exhaust System, all new/re-chromed bumpers, grille and windscreen surround and Chrome Wire Wheels with White-Wall Tyres. It has a fully detailed Engine Bay and most ancillaries, wiring and copper piping were renewed at the time of the restoration.
As with most American cars, there is unfortunately no history with car and the owner did not receive any paperwork in respect of the restoration, but it is still in fabulous condition throughout and really does need to be seen and driven to be fully appreciated.
It is still registered on its Maltese number plate MGA 777, but will be registered in the UK upon sale, unless it is sold abroad.
It will be fully serviced and MOT'd before delivery and come with our own 6 month Mechanical Warranty if sold in the UK.
Car on display @ our showrooms in Mortlake.
Buyer toolsInsurance » Finance » Servicing » Warranty » Tyres »
- Mileage: 43,000
- Year: 1960
- Doors: 2
- Body type: Convertible
- Transmission type: Manual
- Fuel type: Petrol
- Colour: Black
- Engine layout: Front Engined
- Aspiration: Normally Aspirated
- Engine size (Litres): 1.6
- Engine configuration: 4 cylinder
- Cylinders: 4
- Engine power (BHP): 78
- Top speed (MPH): 96
- Acceleration: 0 to 62 in 13.5 seconds
- Fuel consumption (MPG): 29.7
- Driven wheels: Rear Wheel Drive
- 27,000 miles
- 70 bhp
- 50 miles
- 83 bhp
- Used MG in Croydon (1)
- Used MG in Kingston upon Thames (1)
- Used MG in Mortlake (4)
- Used MG in Whetstone (1)
- Used MG in Wimbledon (1)
- Used MG in Woodford and South Woodford (1)
- Used cars in Birmingham (1728)
- Used cars in Bristol (1411)
- Used cars in Cardiff (2175)
- Used cars in Derby (1669)
- Used cars in Doncaster (1608)
- Used cars in Edinburgh (2046)
- Used cars in Glasgow (3786)
- Used cars in Leeds (2223)
- Used cars in Newcastle upon Tyne (1409)
- Used cars in Sheffield (1525)
- Used cars in Swindon (1340)
- Used cars in East Midlands (9707)
- Used cars in East of England (11407)
- Used cars in London (6774)
- Used cars in North East (5802)
- Used cars in North West (12945)
- Used cars in Scotland (14832)
- Used cars in South East (16723)
- Used cars in South West (9651)
- Used cars in Wales (4868)
- Used cars in West Midlands (9295)
- Used cars in Yorkshire and The Humber (14375)
No recent searches