MGA MK1 ROADSTER - LHD (1960)
A total of 101,081 MGA's were built before the end of production in July 1962 when it was replaced by the MGB and of these, only 5,869 cars were sold in the UK.
This stunning LHD 1960 MGA MK1 1600 Roadster - Chassis No: GHNL/90916, Engine No: 16GA-U-21782 was built in Abingdon on 27th April 1960 and exported on 2nd May 1960 for the North American market and sold new in California, USA.
It spent all of its life in California and in 2003, the owner had the car completely rebuilt to 'Concours' standard and a year later he sold it to the current owner from Malta who saw the car and fell in love with it whilst he was on holiday in California.
After enjoying the car for 10 years in Malta he has decided to sell it and on a recommendation of a friend in Malta who is a customer of ours, he has shipped the car to us to sell on his behalf.
The car is absolutely stunning throughout and has been restored to a very high standard. It is finished in Black with Dark Red Leather trim, Black carpets, MG Rubber Mats, Red vinyl Soft Top, Side Screens + Wind Deflectors, original Bakelite Steering Wheel and Dashboard fittings, fully carpeted Boot compartment, rebuilt 1598cc Engine, 4 Speed Gearbox, front Disc Brakes, new Exhaust System, all new/re-chromed bumpers, grille and windscreen surround and Chrome Wire Wheels with White-Wall Tyres. It has a fully detailed Engine Bay and most ancillaries, wiring and copper piping were renewed at the time of the restoration.
As with most American cars, there is unfortunately no early history with the car and the owner did not receive any paperwork in respect of the restoration. However, the car is still in fabulous condition throughout and really does need to be seen and driven to be fully appreciated.
The mileage on the California 'Certificate of Title' when sold on 15th April 2004 was 41,943 and it now reads 42,439 but of course, we do not know if this is the genuine mileage from new. However, we do know that it has covered no more than 1,000 miles since the rebuild!
It is still registered on its Maltese number plate MGA 777, but will be registered in the UK upon sale, unless it is sold abroad.
It will be fully serviced and MOT'd before delivery and come with our own 6 month Mechanical Warranty if sold in the UK.
Car on display @ our showrooms in Mortlake.
Buyer toolsInsurance » Finance » Servicing » Warranty » Tyres »
- Mileage: 43,000
- Year: 1960
- Doors: 2
- Body type: Convertible
- Transmission type: Manual
- Fuel type: Petrol
- Colour: Black
- Engine layout: Front Engined
- Aspiration: Normally Aspirated
- Engine size (Litres): 1.6
- Engine configuration: 4 cylinder
- Cylinders: 4
- Engine power (BHP): 78
- Top speed (MPH): 96
- Acceleration: 0 to 62 in 13.5 seconds
- Fuel consumption (MPG): 29.7
- Driven wheels: Rear Wheel Drive
- 10,795 miles
- 240 bhp
- 31,000 miles
- 84 bhp
- 50 miles
- 83 bhp
- Used MG in Kingston upon Thames (1)
- Used MG in Mortlake (3)
- Used MG in Rainham (1)
- Used MG in Tooting (1)
- Used MG in Wimbledon (1)
- Used cars in Birmingham (1639)
- Used cars in Cardiff (2177)
- Used cars in Derby (1579)
- Used cars in Doncaster (1664)
- Used cars in Edinburgh (1855)
- Used cars in Glasgow (3371)
- Used cars in Leeds (2074)
- Used cars in Leicester (1426)
- Used cars in Newcastle upon Tyne (1368)
- Used cars in Nottingham (1605)
- Used cars in Sheffield (1541)
- Used cars in East Midlands (10758)
- Used cars in East of England (12936)
- Used cars in London (6645)
- Used cars in North East (5252)
- Used cars in North West (13353)
- Used cars in Scotland (14067)
- Used cars in South East (16315)
- Used cars in South West (10102)
- Used cars in Wales (4782)
- Used cars in West Midlands (9476)
- Used cars in Yorkshire and The Humber (14073)
No recent searches