Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
1
3 4 ... 404 405
Reply to Topic
Author Discussion

steadyrock

3,689 posts

88 months

[news] 
Tuesday 20th May 2008 quote quote all
Athorby - great shots! Can you post which towns or rough locations you see them in?

Jont999

313 posts

95 months

[news] 
Tuesday 20th May 2008 quote quote all
A Hamann Ferrari on Basingstoke Rd in Reading, love the satin black finish!


stimmers

2,312 posts

88 months

[news] 
Tuesday 20th May 2008 quote quote all
Stunning Blue Gallardo Spider going through Fulham Broadway today about 12.15. Plate was H1 BAD

Sharief

5,593 posts

101 months

[news] 
Tuesday 20th May 2008 quote quote all
athorby said:
SL55 Project Kahn
Do you want to tell him, or shall I?wink

stephen300o

13,674 posts

113 months

[news] 
Tuesday 20th May 2008 quote quote all
OMG! ther've stolen four of my cylinders!
Advertisement

Forthright MC

8,019 posts

168 months

[news] 
Tuesday 20th May 2008 quote quote all
08 OOA, Black Granturismo on Bushmead Road Eaton Socon this evening
very nice thing to see whilst out on an evening stroll!

Ashley1111

651 posts

95 months

[news] 
Tuesday 20th May 2008 quote quote all
Sharief said:
athorby said:
SL55 Project Kahn
Do you want to tell him, or shall I?wink
That is actually an SL600 not a 55 AMG so the plate works nicely. I know this because we have just taken that car in to stock today and spent a good half hour doing an appraisal on it!

It will shortly be on our website:

www.v12online.com
www.projectkahn.com

jon-

13,587 posts

101 months

[news] 
Tuesday 20th May 2008 quote quote all
Love the plate. A friend owns V10 WOO which he bought to go on an M5 now can't afford the car lol so is selling. I think someone on here has V12 WOO on a murci, always makes me laugh.

athorby

2,086 posts

124 months

[news] 
Wednesday 21st May 2008 quote quote all
Ashley1111 said:
Sharief said:
athorby said:
SL55 Project Kahn
Do you want to tell him, or shall I?wink
That is actually an SL600 not a 55 AMG so the plate works nicely. I know this because we have just taken that car in to stock today and spent a good half hour doing an appraisal on it!

It will shortly be on our website:

www.v12online.com
www.projectkahn.com
Fair play - the car looked great in person, the front is spitting image of an SLR but I'm sorry to say I thought it looked rubbish from the rear. It looked out of proportion from the front and was like any other SL55.
Ashley1111 - do you know if there have been any engine mods or are they purely asthetic? You've got my dream job - I bet you get to see some special motors!?! My friend knows the owner and was lucky enough to see the CGT and SLR up close and personal recently. Is it true you have an F1 number plate? I bet it's worth and arm and a leg!


Sharief

5,593 posts

101 months

[news] 
Wednesday 21st May 2008 quote quote all
Ashley1111 said:
Sharief said:
athorby said:
SL55 Project Kahn
Do you want to tell him, or shall I?wink
That is actually an SL600 not a 55 AMG so the plate works nicely. I know this because we have just taken that car in to stock today and spent a good half hour doing an appraisal on it!

It will shortly be on our website:

www.v12online.com
www.projectkahn.com
hehe Oops...

LittleBro

8,547 posts

119 months

[news] 
Wednesday 21st May 2008 quote quote all
athorby said:
Is it true you have an F1 number plate? I bet it's worth and arm and a leg!
Yep, it was pretty well documented at the time. IIRC the final hammer price was £475k. Nice plate.

athorby

2,086 posts

124 months

[news] 
Wednesday 21st May 2008 quote quote all

Thanks for all your kind comments. The pictures were taken in a variety of locations as I travel a fair bit but mostly in and around Sheffield. I have learnt to have my camera on me at all times - kicked myself oneday when I was overtaken by an F40 & Enzo and had no camera!

I haven't had the time recently to upload any pictures but I now have a bit of time off so please enjoy.

andrew! - glad you appreciate the SL picture, you would be biased but who cares, it's def the best Lambo around at the moment. I'll see you at Brands Hatch? Are you keeping the SL or going for a LP560?

Here are some more visual delights for you. Sorry they're not all FML but I know that you will still appreciate them(I hope).

Lambo Brum again - love the mix of normal cars, Lambos and Bentleys! (I know it's cheating a bit but it's still on topic..)


The first Murci Roadster I've had the pleasure of seeing - fantastic looking motors!


Murcielago


F430 Spyder at Porsche Garage


GT3RS


GT3 - anyone here? Lovely motor plus had a Nuburgring sticker on the back - good man!




R8


Gallardo SL - for andrew!


Lambo Brum - service centre


F360 Spyder & SL55 - spotted on Sunday night in Sheffield


Gran Turismo - spotted yesterday in Norwich - sounded great!


Thanks for looking..

I have so many pictures which I have taken recently which I can assure you you would be interested in. I get to go to loads of race events as my father is in motorsport and often have the opportunity to get up close and personal to all manner of supercars. I'm in the process of setting up a website so i'll keep you posted!
















athorby

2,086 posts

124 months

[news] 
Wednesday 21st May 2008 quote quote all
v15ben said:
Some good shots there! Is that black 08 reg'd F430 Spider in Bradford by any chance? Sure I recognise that location.
It's in Sheffield matey - the infamous Ecclesall Road. It's turned into supercar spotters heaven over the last few years. Whereabouts are you from? You a local chap?

autofocus

2,041 posts

103 months

[news] 
Wednesday 21st May 2008 quote quote all
athorby said:
SL55 Project Kahn
Hi there,

Got overtaken by this exact car last week as I was heading north on the M1 around Wooley Edge Services. Saw it approaching in my rear view mirror and thought at first glance it was an SLR, realised very quickly that it wasn't. The stance is all wrong, its not wide enough and just looks wrong imo.

Regards

Tim

athorby

2,086 posts

124 months

[news] 
Wednesday 21st May 2008 quote quote all
autofocus said:
athorby said:
SL55 Project Kahn
Hi there,

Got overtaken by this exact car last week as I was heading north on the M1 around Wooley Edge Services. Saw it approaching in my rear view mirror and thought at first glance it was an SLR, realised very quickly that it wasn't. The stance is all wrong, its not wide enough and just looks wrong imo.

Regards

Tim
Good call Tim - how are you? Attending any race events soon?
I agree. I would love to see it side by side with an SLR. I think it would look like a bit of a kit car in comparison.

Edited by athorby on Wednesday 21st May 21:35

tbops

1,325 posts

95 months

[news] 
Wednesday 21st May 2008 quote quote all
haha spotted on of these on the st jhons wod high street, laughed out laoud.

andrew.

6,963 posts

77 months

[news] 
Wednesday 21st May 2008 quote quote all
athorby said:
andrew! - glad you appreciate the SL picture, you would be biased but who cares, it's def the best Lambo around at the moment. I'll see you at Brands Hatch? Are you keeping the SL or going for a LP560?

Gallardo SL - for andrew!
brands ? yes
keeping ? yes
ta for the pic
a

athorby

2,086 posts

124 months

[news] 
Wednesday 21st May 2008 quote quote all
tbops said:
haha spotted on of these on the st jhons wod high street, laughed out laoud.
I bet - and that's coming from an SLR owner!! I bet it made you cringe!

All the best..

athorby

2,086 posts

124 months

[news] 
Wednesday 21st May 2008 quote quote all
andrew. said:
athorby said:
andrew! - glad you appreciate the SL picture, you would be biased but who cares, it's def the best Lambo around at the moment. I'll see you at Brands Hatch? Are you keeping the SL or going for a LP560?

Gallardo SL - for andrew!
brands ? yes
keeping ? yes
ta for the pic
a
Good man! I have a secret love affair with the SL. Originally it was the 360CS but i've been converted to the dark side. I am at Brands with the F3 crew however GT is always the highlight. I will come over and say hi, any chance of being cheeky and asking for a spin?
Cheers

v15ben

11,694 posts

126 months

[news] 
Thursday 22nd May 2008 quote quote all
athorby said:
It's in Sheffield matey - the infamous Ecclesall Road. It's turned into supercar spotters heaven over the last few years. Whereabouts are you from? You a local chap?
Ah thats the famous Eccy strip then rofl I have some mates at Sheffield Uni so thats probably why I recognise it. I'm from Leeds originally but currently living in Australia!
1
3 4 ... 404 405
Reply to Topic