New Rules of Posting (14/02/17)
Of course you've read our Terms and Conditions as you agreed to them when you signed up but, in case your memory isn't great, here are the important bits with regards to posting in the forums.
We restrict new member access to certain forums for a period of 14 days; once that time has passed access will automatically be granted.
If you see any material on our website which you'd like to alert us to, or if you feel you need moderator assistance, please use the 'report' button on the top right of each post and we will be alerted to the reported issue straight away.
If you wish to speak to someone regarding forum conduct or moderation issues please contact the PH Team through email@example.com.
- Do not post material that the PistonHeads Team would find offensive, annoying or upsetting, including personal information (including Facebook/Twitter/Linked-In etc.) If in doubt, do not post it, or check in Website Feedback.
- Amateur sleuthing for whatever reason is not allowed.
- Do not bypass or circumnavigate the site's swear filter.
- Do not be deliberately contrary, or argumentative for the sake of it.
- Directly threatening someone with violence will result in an instant ban.
- Do not post links, gifs or images which contain violent, racist or sexist material or material which could be seen as offensive or unlawful in any way.
- Posting any images, gifs or clips of pornographic material will result in an instant ban.
- Do not post any NSFW (Not Safe For Work) images, links, gifs, or clips on any thread.
- Do not post any copyright-protected material without permission - including streaming sports content. If in doubt, don't post it.
- Do not post links to sites that supply illegal download material.
- Do not copy and paste articles from newspapers or news sites. This is a breach of their copyright and any such threads will be deleted.
- Types of Thread/Posts that are not permitted in the forums:
- For sale threads/posts, regardless of type of item.
- Valuation/What's it worth threads in any shape or form, regardless of item.
- Vehicle wanted threads of any description. Parts wanted threads/posts will be allowed at the discretion of PH.
- Job adverts (recruiting, wanted etc.) are allowed in the 'Jobs and Employment Matters' forum only.
- Do not create threads/posts about your own personal websites, blogs, social media channels or video hosting sites such as YouTube. This will be deemed as advertising and/or endeavouring to drive traffic to external sites from PistonHeads.
- Swap threads in any form are not allowed.
- "Where to Advertise/Sell" threads are not allowed.
- "Thinking of selling up," etc. threads are not allowed.
- Do not post links to your friend's or family's adverts.
- No "What's wrong with my Ad" / "Why isn't it selling?" type threads.
- General banter/nonsensical threads that don't fit into the spirit of PH may be removed.
- Group buys and limited run rare parts threads are permitted, but we reserve the right to remove them if we feel they are being abused or are overly commercial.
- Cross posting across multiple forums is not allowed without prior permission/consent.
- Do not post images or links to content that would not pass the site's swear filter.
- Do not post or link for the purposes of advertising or personal gain (including cars for sale). If you wish to advertise then please use the classifieds or contact us directly.
- With the exception of the business forum, do not discuss business on the forums. (i.e. supplying contact details or discussing prices.) You may direct members to your contact details, which can be displayed on your profile, should you wish to discuss any such matters privately.
- Do not choose a username which is the same as a company, website or trading name. Should you wish to sponsor your req'd username you will need to contact James Drake through firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do not create multiple profiles, attempt to use any other person's PH log-in to post content without permission, or attempt to gain access to other users' data in any way.
- You may not promote charity events; recruit for charitable donations, surveys or petitions; or seek votes for competitions without prior permission. Nor may you promote events without seeking prior approval from James Drake through email@example.com.
- Do not name and shame any company or individual, or post content which could cause reputational damage or which could be deemed as libellous or defamatory.
- You cannot mail moderators directly. If you have a complaint about or issue with the moderation of the forums, do not post threads in Website Feedback but email James Drake or Jack Mansfield through firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PistonHeads and Haymarket Media Group Limited are committed to the privacy, safety and security of all our users and customers. If you discover any potential security vulnerability, please report it to us through email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org and we will investigate it and respond to you as soon as possible. To help us to research and resolve any potential vulnerabilities as quickly as possible, please include full details of any issue when submitting your report. Publicly disclosing any potential vulnerability could put the wider community at risk, therefore we encourage you not to disclose any potential issues until they have been addressed and a resolution has been confirmed by us.
- All matters relating to conduct in the forums and compliance with these posting rules will be determined by the moderators under guidance from PistonHeads management. We will take action if these rules are broken, so make sure you read them carefully as your continued membership depends upon it. PistonHeads reserves the right to remove threads and comments at its discretion and without prior notification or warning.