PHers test the new BMW 3 Series - Update
We set out to find out what real PHers think of the new BMW 3 Series - see the results on video
Back in February we set out to find six PHers to test out the new BMW 3 Series. Did our readers think it lived up to the praise heaped on it by the world's motoring press? Watch the video to find out...
Original article posted below...
The fact you’re reading this means you’re a PHer and that’s a good thing of course. And your opinion matters. Not least to BMW, who’d like you to join us at Bedford Autodrome on Thursday March 1 to sample the latest 3 Series. And then review it here on PistonHeads, where your views will be heard by more then three million car enthusiasts.
the first UK journalist to drive the new 335ion an extended roadtrip back from the launch event in Spain. But we want to know what you think...
If you’re simply after some free track time in some nice cars this isn’t for you – we need PHers who can objectively review a car and have a keen interest in the new 3 Series. All are welcome to apply but we are particularly keen to hear from drivers who fall into the following groups:
- Current 3 Series owners who would consider changing to the new model
- Drivers of competitor cars who didn’t choose BMW at time of purchase
- Those who wouldn’t normally consider a BMW (whatever the reason)
- Larger saloon owners looking to downsize
On the day you will arrive at Bedford Autodrome bright and early for a safety briefing and a spot of breakfast before heading over to the pitlane to meet the cars.
Once there, BMW will give us all a walk around of the new car pointing out the latest features and then you’ll be out on track with an instructor for some familiarisation laps and tuition. Once that has been carried out you will be free to use the cars throughout the day to drive as many laps as you need to form your opinions.
If you fancy your chances, and can get a day off on Thursday March 1 drop us a line. All you need to do is answer the following questions:
- What do you drive now?
- How long have you held your licence?
- Why do you want to be chosen to be a part of the PH test team? (100 words)
To apply, all you need to do is send an email to us at email@example.com with your name and mobile telephone number in addition to the answers to the questions mentioned above. Winners will be notified by 13.00 on Monday February 27.
- Drivers must hold a full UK licence
- Drivers must be aged 25 and over
- No track driving will take place until driver training has been completed
- Helmets must be worn when on track
- Normal track rules apply – bad driving will not be tolerated and you may be removed
- You must give your consent for video footage to be used without restriction
View our Megane reader test to get an idea of what the day entails.