Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
Friday 17th December 2010

Pic Of The Week: Lamborghini Countach

Alps. Lamborghini. Brill. That is all


Click to preview
Click to preview
A Lamborghini and an empty stretch of Alpine road. This is surely enough to get any fan of driving, cars or - we suppose - the Alps all wobbly at the knees.

And so it is with pleaure (and wobbly knees) that we bring you today's POTW, an image that we hope should ease the prospect of another weekend spent wading through the slush as you attempt to find a scarf for Aunty Mildred.

The Countach might not be the most subtle of Lamborghinis - especially with the ludicrous aerodynamic addenda that sprouts from this late-model Countach Anniversary - but it is a pretty wonderful car. And a genuinely spectacular shot, we reckon.

You can find out more about this car (and Countachs in general) in this month's Classic & Sports Car (from whom we have purloined today's POTW). All we can say is forget 'wish you were here?' We wish we were there. Right now...

Normal (1280x1024)
WideScreen (1440x900)
SuperSize (2048x1536)

Riggers
2 3 4
Reply to Topic
Author Discussion

ArranAshman

Original Poster:

103 posts

72 months

[news] 
Friday 17th December 2010 quote quote all
Shame about the shadow of the pusuing motorbike but what a wonderful car.

M666 EVO

882 posts

45 months

[news] 
Friday 17th December 2010 quote quote all
Now was it my over active imagination as a small boy or did a Lambo Countach appear in The Cannonball Run but with a rear spoiler attached to the front of the car?

Garlick

40,596 posts

123 months

[news] 
Friday 17th December 2010 quote quote all
ArranAshman said:
Shame about the shadow of the pusuing motorbike but what a wonderful car.
That's just dark tarmac, no?

Scoobyshue

46 posts

45 months

[news] 
Friday 17th December 2010 quote quote all
http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/upload/11082/images/c...

Not your imagination. It wasn't a rear spoiler on the front though.

Bill

31,408 posts

138 months

[news] 
Friday 17th December 2010 quote quote all
That rockscloud9

ArranAshman said:
Shame about the shadow of the pusuing motorbike but what a wonderful car.
confused
Advertisement

thewilly

377 posts

52 months

[news] 
Friday 17th December 2010 quote quote all
Who can name the car reflected on the rear of the countach?

y2blade

54,187 posts

98 months

[news] 
Friday 17th December 2010 quote quote all
ArranAshman said:
Shame about the shadow of the pusuing motorbike but what a wonderful car.
lay of the drugs mate smile


Scoobyshue

46 posts

45 months

[news] 
Friday 17th December 2010 quote quote all
thewilly said:
Who can name the car reflected on the rear of the countach?
My guess is "Jim". What do I win?

Looks like a Bimmer of some sort.

y2blade

54,187 posts

98 months

[news] 
Friday 17th December 2010 quote quote all
Scoobyshue said:
thewilly said:
Who can name the car reflected on the rear of the countach?
My guess is "Jim". What do I win?
I'd have said it was more a "Steve"

smile

Scoobyshue

46 posts

45 months

[news] 
Friday 17th December 2010 quote quote all
y2blade said:
Scoobyshue said:
thewilly said:
Who can name the car reflected on the rear of the countach?
My guess is "Jim". What do I win?
I'd have said it was more a "Steve"

smile
Do I know you by any chance?

PhantomPH

1,246 posts

108 months

[news] 
Friday 17th December 2010 quote quote all
I actually think the shot is fab except the lens flare and the reflection of the camera car. I can't stop seeing the reflection in the bodywork and it's spoiling the shot for me. frown

Otherwise I could soil myself.

RicksAlfas

6,101 posts

127 months

[news] 
Friday 17th December 2010 quote quote all
M666 EVO said:
Now was it my over active imagination as a small boy or did a Lambo Countach appear in The Cannonball Run but with a rear spoiler attached to the front of the car?
Yes. The early big wheeled American spec cars had a front wing, rear wing, and lower rear wing too!
e.g.
http://img6.imageshack.us/i/countach2.jpg/
http://img101.imageshack.us/i/lamborghinicountachr...

Edited by RicksAlfas on Friday 17th December 12:32

Goochie

5,113 posts

102 months

[news] 
Friday 17th December 2010 quote quote all
ArranAshman said:
Shame about the shadow of the pusuing motorbike but what a wonderful car.
Check the direction of the sun, the direction of the car's shadow and consider the bike must have been behind the car wink

Now think that the camera was probably fixed to a rig which, was fixed to the car.

LuS1fer

31,684 posts

128 months

[news] 
Friday 17th December 2010 quote quote all
Best car ever. Period.

Scoobyshue

46 posts

45 months

[news] 
Friday 17th December 2010 quote quote all
LuS1fer said:
Best car ever. Period.
Massively rose coloured spectacles you are wearing there fella.

LuS1fer

31,684 posts

128 months

[news] 
Friday 17th December 2010 quote quote all
Scoobyshue said:
LuS1fer said:
Best car ever. Period.
Massively rose coloured spectacles you are wearing there fella.
No, no. I didn't say it was the fastest, most capable, most accomplished handling....just BEST.

snotrag

10,693 posts

94 months

[news] 
Friday 17th December 2010 quote quote all
Bes pic in ages that one, I love it. It can consider itself right-clicked and set as background!

Haighermeister

8,184 posts

43 months

[news] 
Friday 17th December 2010 quote quote all
RicksAlfas said:
M666 EVO said:
Now was it my over active imagination as a small boy or did a Lambo Countach appear in The Cannonball Run but with a rear spoiler attached to the front of the car?
Yes. The early big wheeled American spec cars had a front wing, rear wing, and lower rear wing too!
e.g.
http://img6.imageshack.us/i/countach2.jpg/
http://img101.imageshack.us/i/lamborghinicountachr...

Edited by RicksAlfas on Friday 17th December 12:32
That front spoiler is utterly, utterly ridiculous.

Awesome, just ridiculous.

Enjoying this POTW.

cheesesliceking

967 posts

123 months

[news] 
Friday 17th December 2010 quote quote all
LuS1fer said:
Scoobyshue said:
LuS1fer said:
Best car ever. Period.
Massively rose coloured spectacles you are wearing there fella.
No, no. I didn't say it was the fastest, most capable, most accomplished handling....just BEST.
+1. redface)

Daniel1

2,553 posts

81 months

[news] 
Friday 17th December 2010 quote quote all
Garlick said:
ArranAshman said:
Shame about the shadow of the pusuing motorbike but what a wonderful car.
That's just dark tarmac, no?
its a camel
2 3 4
Reply to Topic