Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
1
3
Reply to Topic
Author Discussion

Kangaman

Original Poster:

44 posts

29 months

[news] 
Wednesday 12th September 2012 quote quote all
Still looking....any comment on this again?

http://classifieds.pistonheads.com/classifieds/use...

Thanks Guys

Matt Harper

3,723 posts

89 months

[news] 
Wednesday 12th September 2012 quote quote all
I'm really not sure how you gain an additional 85hp with a 'remap' and a Corsa exhaust. 4 sec 0-62? GT500 territory there...
The wheels don't look like 3600 quids worth either - more like 600, I'm guessing.
Try as I might, I couldn't spot the 3rd door either.
The owner sounds like a fantasist - so I'd be cautious.

KevinA4quattro

6,087 posts

168 months

[news] 
Wednesday 12th September 2012 quote quote all
Matt Harper said:
I'm really not sure how you gain an additional 85hp with a 'remap' and a Corsa exhaust. 4 sec 0-62? GT500 territory there...
The wheels don't look like 3600 quids worth either - more like 600, I'm guessing.
Try as I might, I couldn't spot the 3rd door either.
The owner sounds like a fantasist - so I'd be cautious.
What Matt said.

There is a 2005 97K miler up for just under £11K. Why not buy that and spend £4-5K getting it to look like you want?

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/4184332.htm

Kangaman

Original Poster:

44 posts

29 months

[news] 
Friday 14th September 2012 quote quote all

Kangaman

Original Poster:

44 posts

29 months

[news] 
Saturday 15th September 2012 quote quote all
....really having a tough time finding the 'right one' far too over powered for me that black one...+ its black my second choice of colour....i've had fastish cars in the past...also had a 360 Ferrari for the weekend, but that power would be wasted on me...and with a family I'd like to be around for a while
As for insurance perhaps i was being naive as my V8 Capri cost me £150 per year limited 2000 miles ( 42 FNCB) with Adrian Flux so thought a stang would be £500 max...but will look into please can anyone recommend through thier experiece the best insurers for stangs...many thanks...

Thought I got lucky with....(below) but sadly it’s an auto....

http://classifieds.pistonheads.com/classifieds/use...

Then this one...which I think is a little overpriced....also not sure about that red leather!!!!
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/2012...

Think I'll stick to what I want...I've got the time....
Grey - Manual - Modified looks - Engine stock or slightly modified - condition over age - not more than 55k - up to 18k

Thanks for all your input guys - i do appreciate it - even the negative comments...
Advertisement

KevinA4quattro

6,087 posts

168 months

[news] 
Monday 17th September 2012 quote quote all
KevinA4quattro said:
What Matt said.

There is a 2005 97K miler up for just under £11K. Why not buy that and spend £4-5K getting it to look like you want?

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/4184332.htm
I repeat myself here. Why not buy a 'vanilla' car and get somebody (ASC for example) put a body kit on it?

malc350

1,013 posts

134 months

[news] 
Monday 17th September 2012 quote quote all
One of the most confusing threads I've seen: "looks over power" then we see links to a Roush 420RE but "I don't want anything fast".

I guess I have all this to look forward to when I put mine up for sale....i.e. people who don't know what they want.

Still don't understand the OP's requirements


Kangaman

Original Poster:

44 posts

29 months

[news] 
Tuesday 18th September 2012 quote quote all
malc350 said:
One of the most confusing threads I've seen: "looks over power" then we see links to a Roush 420RE but "I don't want anything fast".

I guess I have all this to look forward to when I put mine up for sale....i.e. people who don't know what they want.

Still don't understand the OP's requirements
To be fair I wasnt sure what I wanted but I know now...

Grey (Tungsten over Mineral)- Manual - Modified looks - Engine stock or slightly modified - condition over age with service history - not more than 55k - up to 18k

Hows that?

Kangaman

Original Poster:

44 posts

29 months

[news] 
Tuesday 18th September 2012 quote quote all
Kangaman said:
To be fair I wasnt sure what I wanted but I know now...

Grey (Tungsten over Mineral)- Manual - Modified looks - Engine stock or slightly modified - condition over age with service history - not more than 55k - up to 18k

Hows that?
Somethng like this...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130704064225?nma=true&am...

PanzerCommander

3,780 posts

106 months

[news] 
Tuesday 18th September 2012 quote quote all
I dare say if you hold out long enough you may get near to what you want. But by ruling out an auto you are limiting your choices considerably given the other requirements.

If you really want a manual (they do tend to fetch more used than auto's do) then you might be better off getting a stock one and sorting the mods yourself - then you will get exactly what you want!

Kangaman

Original Poster:

44 posts

29 months

[news] 
Wednesday 19th September 2012 quote quote all
KevinA4quattro said:
I repeat myself here. Why not buy a 'vanilla' car and get somebody (ASC for example) put a body kit on it?
Thanks for looking for me...but its Silver...had toooo many silver cars now...
really what grey...thanks though I hear what your saing about getting it kitted elsewhere

LuS1fer

31,793 posts

133 months

[news] 
Wednesday 19th September 2012 quote quote all
Body kits are expensive especially in terms of shipping. It's all very well saying do it yourself but it's the kit, the shipping, the fitting and the spraying on top which usually means you pop a bank vault over buying one with it already done.

Kangaman

Original Poster:

44 posts

29 months

[news] 
Wednesday 19th September 2012 quote quote all
LuS1fer said:
Body kits are expensive especially in terms of shipping. It's all very well saying do it yourself but it's the kit, the shipping, the fitting and the spraying on top which usually means you pop a bank vault over buying one with it already done.
Thats exactly what i'm thinking LUS1FER...
I do like this kit on this:-
http://classifieds.pistonheads.com/classifieds/use...

largelunchbox

205 posts

89 months

[news] 
Wednesday 19th September 2012 quote quote all
i thought 20k was breaking the bank,also you've listed others for sale up to 22.5 k ?

Kangaman

Original Poster:

44 posts

29 months

[news] 
Thursday 20th September 2012 quote quote all
largelunchbox said:
i thought 20k was breaking the bank,also you've listed others for sale up to 22.5 k ?
Hi Dave, Can dream can't I ? ;-) Still think yours is the nuts!

malc350

1,013 posts

134 months

[news] 
Saturday 22nd September 2012 quote quote all
Ok that's better if a bit too specific. However despite the "auto" comment above I would always rule out autos: a major part of the fun of controlling a car and playing tunes with the engine comes from having a manual. I wouldn't have looked at an auto.

The thing that wakes me up on Corvette ads (I also have a Corvette)is seeing one for sale with "6 speed manual" in the description. I can't and never will see the point of an auto Corvette. though that is a real sports car.

I know a Mustang now has a 5 speed manual or 5 speed auto but the autos I've been in have seemed bland compared to blasting a manual!

PanzerCommander

3,780 posts

106 months

[news] 
Saturday 22nd September 2012 quote quote all
malc350 said:
Ok that's better if a bit too specific. However despite the "auto" comment above I would always rule out autos: a major part of the fun of controlling a car and playing tunes with the engine comes from having a manual. I wouldn't have looked at an auto.

The thing that wakes me up on Corvette ads (I also have a Corvette)is seeing one for sale with "6 speed manual" in the description. I can't and never will see the point of an auto Corvette. though that is a real sports car.

I know a Mustang now has a 5 speed manual or 5 speed auto but the autos I've been in have seemed bland compared to blasting a manual!
Its personal preference I guess, I bought an auto because of a bad knee and the Mustang clutch is heavier than your average car (heavier than a Luton Transit, and using one of those for a day made my knee ache). But now I really like it, I'd never buy another manual gearbox car if I could at all help it.

I also like the drag strip performance of the auto, great launches time after time, quicker shifts than anybody could do with a conventional manual and total and utter consistency.

Kangaman

Original Poster:

44 posts

29 months

[news] 
Monday 1st October 2012 quote quote all
G'day again,

Just out of interest....(yes i'm still on the hut..but only grey/gray!)
Does this look cheap? might consider a full respray !

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2006-FORD-MUSTANG-ROUSH-...


Roo

8,456 posts

95 months

[news] 
Monday 1st October 2012 quote quote all
Kangaman said:
Does this look cheap?
Not particularly.

Kangaman

Original Poster:

44 posts

29 months

[news] 
Monday 1st October 2012 quote quote all
Roo said:
Not particularly.
Is it a geniune one? it has a GT badge on the rear?

4 previous owners?
1
3
Reply to Topic