PistonHeads.com Forum

The Forza 4... Official Thread

The Forza 4... Official Thread

Author
Discussion

davepoth

25,741 posts

104 months

Friday 27th April 2012
quotequote all
Remagel2507 said:
Top Gear car pack? Who exactly from top gear had an input? I would have thought they would some of the presenters favourite cars e.g CLK Black (jeremy at least), Renault Avantime, Range Rover Vogue, Aston Martin V8 Vantage, Rolls Royce Phantom

Another thing which I would like to see in the next car packs is something like the GT car list http://www.absolute-playstation.com/api_walk/walkg... the thing I love the most about the cars in that game is that most of them are just normal cars rather than just the top end AMG, RS and M models.

I like it when you have a standard looking car but then have highly tuned beast underneath, anyone else share that view?
The Gran Turismo 2 car list? I mean it does have the proper Mini, proper Fiat 500, and MGF, but do you really need an E45 323ci, 325ci AND 328ci?

Use Psychology

11,327 posts

97 months

Friday 27th April 2012
quotequote all
i'd like to see some pre-war racing cars, big bentleys, bugattis, maseratis, alfa romeos, auto unions and mercedes. that would be ace.

GreatCornholio

1,660 posts

78 months

Friday 27th April 2012
quotequote all
Use Psychology said:
i'd like to see some pre-war racing cars, big bentleys, bugattis, maseratis, alfa romeos, auto unions and mercedes. that would be ace.
Good call!
On outside view and replays the driver would have to be wearing a leather crash hat, goggles and be smoking a pipe or roll-up for full authenticity:-D

sidaorb

5,274 posts

111 months

Friday 27th April 2012
quotequote all
GreatCornholio said:
Use Psychology said:
i'd like to see some pre-war racing cars, big bentleys, bugattis, maseratis, alfa romeos, auto unions and mercedes. that would be ace.
Good call!
On outside view and replays the driver would have to be wearing a leather crash hat, goggles and be smoking a pipe or roll-up for full authenticity:-D
Won't get them due the open wheel problem, something to do with graphics issues, hence no Prowler, Caterhams, Ariel Atom etc etc

y2blade

56,027 posts

120 months

Friday 27th April 2012
quotequote all
sidaorb said:
GreatCornholio said:
Use Psychology said:
i'd like to see some pre-war racing cars, big bentleys, bugattis, maseratis, alfa romeos, auto unions and mercedes. that would be ace.
Good call!
On outside view and replays the driver would have to be wearing a leather crash hat, goggles and be smoking a pipe or roll-up for full authenticity:-D
Won't get them due the open wheel problem, something to do with graphics issues, hence no Prowler, Caterhams, Ariel Atom etc etc
frown

Shame, The Caterhams in the other game are amazing.
Advertisement

Big Fat Fatty

3,298 posts

61 months

Friday 27th April 2012
quotequote all
y2blade said:
sidaorb said:
GreatCornholio said:
Use Psychology said:
i'd like to see some pre-war racing cars, big bentleys, bugattis, maseratis, alfa romeos, auto unions and mercedes. that would be ace.
Good call!
On outside view and replays the driver would have to be wearing a leather crash hat, goggles and be smoking a pipe or roll-up for full authenticity:-D
Won't get them due the open wheel problem, something to do with graphics issues, hence no Prowler, Caterhams, Ariel Atom etc etc
frown

Shame, The Caterhams in the other game are amazing.
The best way to see why we can't have open wheelers is to take a Ferrari 250TR into the Photo mode, put the camera in front of the grille and zoom in on the gap between the wheels and the body, technically it's an open wheeler but the 'pontoons' cover the tops of the tyres so they got away with it. Even rolling a car and looking at the underside you'd see thet there's nothing holding the wheels on at all.

LukeSi

5,375 posts

66 months

Friday 27th April 2012
quotequote all

Remagel2507

1,424 posts

97 months

Friday 27th April 2012
quotequote all
davepoth said:
Remagel2507 said:
Top Gear car pack? Who exactly from top gear had an input? I would have thought they would some of the presenters favourite cars e.g CLK Black (jeremy at least), Renault Avantime, Range Rover Vogue, Aston Martin V8 Vantage, Rolls Royce Phantom

Another thing which I would like to see in the next car packs is something like the GT car list http://www.absolute-playstation.com/api_walk/walkg... the thing I love the most about the cars in that game is that most of them are just normal cars rather than just the top end AMG, RS and M models.

I like it when you have a standard looking car but then have highly tuned beast underneath, anyone else share that view?
The Gran Turismo 2 car list? I mean it does have the proper Mini, proper Fiat 500, and MGF, but do you really need an E45 323ci, 325ci AND 328ci?
No we could probably do without all of those, but what I'm saying is that it would be nice to have cars like that i.e. the normal models in the range not just the range toppers. I know that no one really cares for the X5 in Forza but I much preferred the normal looking 4.8i in FM3 than the X5M we currently have

thebigmacmoomin

1,516 posts

74 months

Friday 27th April 2012
quotequote all
This will probally be the 1st DLC car pack I will buy. Only bought the Escort Mk2 before.

stephen300o

15,377 posts

133 months

Friday 27th April 2012
quotequote all
Healey, yum.

GreatCornholio

1,660 posts

78 months

Friday 27th April 2012
quotequote all
stephen300o said:
Healey, yum.
Oooh, thats REALLY nice! Leave it as it is and race it for fun, just too nice to slap wings and slicks etc onsmile

Big Fat Fatty

3,298 posts

61 months

Friday 27th April 2012
quotequote all
LukeSi said:
Where did these pics come from, is the pack already out?

LukeSi

5,375 posts

66 months

Friday 27th April 2012
quotequote all
Big Fat Fatty said:
Where did these pics come from, is the pack already out?
Someone I know got an early copy from the devs.

GreatCornholio

1,660 posts

78 months

Friday 27th April 2012
quotequote all
LukeSi said:
Big Fat Fatty said:
Where did these pics come from, is the pack already out?
Someone I know got an early copy from the devs.
Just out of interest, what class is the Transit in????????????

melvster

6,786 posts

90 months

Friday 27th April 2012
quotequote all
GreatCornholio said:
Just out of interest, what class is the Transit in????????????
You want it to be F dont you so you can add the aero pack hehe

GreatCornholio

1,660 posts

78 months

Friday 27th April 2012
quotequote all
melvster said:
GreatCornholio said:
Just out of interest, what class is the Transit in????????????
You want it to be F dont you so you can add the aero pack hehe
FACTbiglaugh

MarkRSi

5,291 posts

123 months

Friday 27th April 2012
quotequote all
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm Transit hehe


Btw any word of the GT86/BRZ being included in a car pack (or has it already been added? paperbag It's been a while...)

LukeSi

5,375 posts

66 months

Friday 27th April 2012
quotequote all
GreatCornholio said:
melvster said:
GreatCornholio said:
Just out of interest, what class is the Transit in????????????
You want it to be F dont you so you can add the aero pack hehe
FACTbiglaugh
The Transit is...







































































F...














































145.

mr2aw11

768 posts

128 months

Friday 27th April 2012
quotequote all
MarkRSi said:
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm Transit hehe


Btw any word of the GT86/BRZ being included in a car pack (or has it already been added? paperbag It's been a while...)
GT86 is a Gran Turismo exclusive - don't know if there's a cut-off date at all.
Dunno about the BRZ, but we may be more likely to see it in the guise of the US Scion (Toyota) FR-S.

totlxtc

2,070 posts

64 months

Friday 27th April 2012
quotequote all
mr2aw11 said:
GT86 is a Gran Turismo exclusive - don't know if there's a cut-off date at all.
Dunno about the BRZ, but we may be more likely to see it in the guise of the US Scion (Toyota) FR-S.
BRZ was mentioned to be "future DLC" along with the RUF Yellowbird.