PistonHeads.com Forum

Skyrim

Author
Discussion

Mobsta

Original Poster:

5,612 posts

152 months

Saturday 15th October 2011
quotequote all
Well, it's less than a month away, and probably the only game I'll buy in 2011... Do I need to pre order a copy, if so from where (not a big gamer, but I understand some folk pre order god knows how long in advance to be assured a copy, or is that just console releases?)

Who else is looking forward to this as much as I am? bounce
I did search for a thread but search isn't responding, and I can't find any recent threads either.

sackboy

223 posts

79 months

Saturday 15th October 2011
quotequote all
I cannot wait for this to come out. I've got it on preorder from Amazon for the 360. I did have it on order for the PS3 but considering Bethesda record for the PS3 I changed my mind. I've booked a week off work to play this as well nerd .

Have you watched the gameplay vids yet?

harryowl

1,069 posts

78 months

Saturday 15th October 2011
quotequote all
Anbody have any idea what system requirements wil be for PC?

Mobsta

Original Poster:

5,612 posts

152 months

Saturday 15th October 2011
quotequote all
sackboy said:
I cannot wait for this to come out. I've got it on preorder from Amazon for the 360. I did have it on order for the PS3 but considering Bethesda record for the PS3 I changed my mind. I've booked a week off work to play this as well nerd .

Have you watched the gameplay vids yet?
You dedicated nerd tongue out

Watched the gameplay vies months ago, I've not read up on it since... But decided there and I wanted it.

The second or third last game I got was oblivion, release day. As you can tell, I don game much.

Sooooo, do I need to pre order, to avoid disappointment?

sackboy

223 posts

79 months

Saturday 15th October 2011
quotequote all
I can't see you needing to. Most people will be waiting for MW3 or Battlefield 3.

The PC specs are being released next week.

C2james

4,622 posts

62 months

Saturday 15th October 2011
quotequote all
I really want to get the limited edition but it's £130 which is a lot for a video game.

Malx

863 posts

101 months

Saturday 15th October 2011
quotequote all
I'm a fan of ordering from shopto.net. Usually one of the cheaper places online and games are usually recieved the day before release date.
I've had Skyrim on order for a while smile

sackboy

223 posts

79 months

Saturday 15th October 2011
quotequote all
I really hope that this game keeps the charm that Oblivion had. When you are out in the Great Forest and the sun is setting, some nice and mellow music is playing I don't think many games can match it. I'm still playing it now. I think I've got about 180hrs racked up on one save and about 150 hrs on another.

Gun

13,322 posts

115 months

Saturday 15th October 2011
quotequote all
Really looking forward to this, won't bother pre-ordering it though. Oblivion is still one of my favourite games so I hope this lives up to the hype, it looks excellent from the previews I've seen.

MorrisCRX

621 posts

90 months

Saturday 15th October 2011
quotequote all
harryowl said:
Anbody have any idea what system requirements wil be for PC?
Recommended System Requirements:
OS: Windows XP, Vista or Windows 7
CPU: Core 2 Quad 3 GHz
RAM: 3 GB
HDD: 15 GB free disk space
Graphics: 512 MB Graphics Memory
Sound Card: DirectX 9 Compatible
DirectX: Version 9.0c

according to http://www.elderscrollv.com/skyrim-system-requirem...

Will be the only game I buy year. May up my ram to 8gb from 4 but if its built to run on stty consoles it'll run on most half arsed pc's.

Salgar

3,150 posts

81 months

Monday 17th October 2011
quotequote all
Bumpy

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-10-17-the-e...

Sounds ace, looking forward to having a single player game.

rhinochopig

17,544 posts

95 months

Monday 17th October 2011
quotequote all
Can't see why people are getting so excited to be honest. Given past efforts, once patched, patched, patched, and patched some more, it will be epic, but on release it will be a buggy POS causing much grief and heartache.


Mobsta

Original Poster:

5,612 posts

152 months

Monday 17th October 2011
quotequote all
rhinochopig said:
Can't see why people are getting so excited to be honest. Given past efforts, once patched, patched, patched, and patched some more, it will be epic, but on release it will be a buggy POS causing much grief and heartache.
This is more pc than console though, isn't it? Console developers don't release the bug ridden versions quite as much as pc games, or at least that was the case a decade ago when I last bought plenty of games of both platforms.

PeXy

1,720 posts

68 months

Monday 17th October 2011
quotequote all
Mobsta said:
rhinochopig said:
Can't see why people are getting so excited to be honest. Given past efforts, once patched, patched, patched, and patched some more, it will be epic, but on release it will be a buggy POS causing much grief and heartache.
This is more pc than console though, isn't it? Console developers don't release the bug ridden versions quite as much as pc games, or at least that was the case a decade ago when I last bought plenty of games of both platforms.
Fallout new vegas...... just a few bugs on ps3 biggrin

PumpkinSteve

2,767 posts

53 months

Tuesday 18th October 2011
quotequote all
This is one of my most anticipated games of all time. Oblivion is one of my favourite games, I spent hundreds of hours playing it and I didn't even do any story missions.

I've been on a blackout for Skyrim, I haven't looked at any pictures or videos of it and I can't wait until it comes out! biggrin


Salgar

3,150 posts

81 months

Tuesday 18th October 2011
quotequote all
PeXy said:
Mobsta said:
rhinochopig said:
Can't see why people are getting so excited to be honest. Given past efforts, once patched, patched, patched, and patched some more, it will be epic, but on release it will be a buggy POS causing much grief and heartache.
This is more pc than console though, isn't it? Console developers don't release the bug ridden versions quite as much as pc games, or at least that was the case a decade ago when I last bought plenty of games of both platforms.
Fallout new vegas...... just a few bugs on ps3 biggrin
Yes the 360 one was also completely screwed. I like to think this will be better. Also new Vegas was made by someone else no?

PeXy

1,720 posts

68 months

Tuesday 18th October 2011
quotequote all
Salgar said:
PeXy said:
Mobsta said:
rhinochopig said:
Can't see why people are getting so excited to be honest. Given past efforts, once patched, patched, patched, and patched some more, it will be epic, but on release it will be a buggy POS causing much grief and heartache.
This is more pc than console though, isn't it? Console developers don't release the bug ridden versions quite as much as pc games, or at least that was the case a decade ago when I last bought plenty of games of both platforms.
Fallout new vegas...... just a few bugs on ps3 biggrin
Yes the 360 one was also completely screwed. I like to think this will be better. Also new Vegas was made by someone else no?
Got a feeling is is the same game engine or whatever you call it. Bertha.... studios worked on both i think. Anyway even with the bugs and the freezing fallout new vegas was still brilliant, and this will be better!

LSsupercar

400 posts

53 months

Tuesday 18th October 2011
quotequote all
Absolutley hyped for this game. I have it pre-ordered of steam for £35, and the weekend will be spent playing it. I should be able ot run it on max easy.

Intel core i7 950
GTX 580
12GB of ram

Dare2Fail

3,804 posts

105 months

Tuesday 18th October 2011
quotequote all
PeXy said:
Got a feeling is is the same game engine or whatever you call it. Bertha.... studios worked on both i think. Anyway even with the bugs and the freezing fallout new vegas was still brilliant, and this will be better!
New Vegas ran on the same engine as Fallout 3 (and Oblivion), didn't it? Skyrim has a completely new engine which could be a good or bad thing from a bug perspective.

MintyChris

728 posts

89 months

Wednesday 19th October 2011
quotequote all
Ill be waiting for a while for patches and maybe an addon or 2....it will be hard but I think Ill manage.