Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
1 2
4 5 ... 263 264
Reply to Topic
Author Discussion

Spiritual_Beggar

4,685 posts

78 months

[news] 
Thursday 27th October 2011 quote quote all
Woohoo!!!!

My Order has been dispatched!


Finished building PC yesterday...just transferring the relevant stuff from my old one.....

Fridge is stocked full of 'essentials' (AKA Beer).....


Everything is on schedule for 'Operation Battlefield' tomorrow night at 1800hrs hehe


Will post up Player Tag once the game is loaded.




Can someone produce a 'Player Tag' list like the one from the BC2 thread? or do we not need one, as they will all be in the PH Platoon?


Daaaveee

509 posts

107 months

[news] 
Thursday 27th October 2011 quote quote all
Hopefully everyone will join the platoon, and from there you can post messages on the main page, see who is online, who is in game, add them as friends and have a chat etc smile

dele

999 posts

78 months

[news] 
Thursday 27th October 2011 quote quote all
How many are in the platoon?

Ive got a favour that needs calling in and could get us a dedicated server to use? 32 slot most likely

Marlin45

717 posts

48 months

[news] 
Thursday 27th October 2011 quote quote all
I am kicking SWMBO to get this for me for my birthday next month. Initially I was hesitant after past COD/BC2 releases that I soon realised were a waste of cash....but feedback on this looks good!

Just home my system will run it!

AMD quad core 3.4Ghz/GF 480 overclock/8GB RAM wink

OMNIO

1,119 posts

50 months

[news] 
Thursday 27th October 2011 quote quote all
Can you only create 1 soldier?

Mines in packing and awaiting dispatch. Will arrive tomorrow biggrin



Edited by OMNIO on Thursday 27th October 12:15

Advertisement

Daaaveee

509 posts

107 months

[news] 
Thursday 27th October 2011 quote quote all
dele said:
How many are in the platoon?

Ive got a favour that needs calling in and could get us a dedicated server to use? 32 slot most likely
We have 8 members at the moment. I imagine this will rise a bit now people are getting the game delivered smile

OMNIO said:
? Can you only create 1 soldier?
Yes and it is tied to your Origin name I believe.

Marlin45

717 posts

48 months

[news] 
Thursday 27th October 2011 quote quote all
I am kicking SWMBO to get this for me for my birthday next month. Initially I was hesitant after past COD/BC2 releases that I soon realised were a waste of cash....but feedback on this looks good!

Just home my system will run it!

AMD quad core 3.4Ghz/GF 480 overclock/8GB RAM wink

RussellG

587 posts

69 months

[news] 
Thursday 27th October 2011 quote quote all
Postman has delivered my copy this morning smile

dele

999 posts

78 months

[news] 
Thursday 27th October 2011 quote quote all
Favor called in

32 Slot server should be set up pretty much now, but as im at work Ive not played around or tweaked anything

85.236.100.71:20667 - "Pistonheads.com - Battlefield 3 Matters"

Also threw in a 30 slot Teamspeak 2 server if anyone uses that, not got the details for that yet though


neema_T

216 posts

90 months

[news] 
Thursday 27th October 2011 quote quote all
For those who got theirs through digital distribution/those with the game now, did you know you can bypass the release date check? I did it on Tuesday night... Spent all of yesterday playing. Not much point now but if you want to do it (EA said this is totally legal, they just don't recommend it (presumably because of extra updates before Friday)), but if you want to do it...

Go to the start menu and search 'proxy'
Click Configure proxy server
Click LAN settings
Tick the 'Use a proxy server etc.' box
Enter 203.232.208.11 in the Address box and 8080 in the Port box
Click ok, launch Origin, try to play Battlefield 3, and it should pass the check. It worked for me first time but for others it took a couple of tries.
Then go back to Configure proxy server, LAN settings and untick the Use a proxy server etc. box and then you should be able to play no problem.

It's not difficult, but as it's out tonight anyway it's not that big a deal. Also I hear some of you have 'jobs' stopping you from playing all day.

I'm neema_t on Origin, too, just applied for the platoon.

Daaaveee

509 posts

107 months

[news] 
Thursday 27th October 2011 quote quote all
dele said:
Favor called in

32 Slot server should be set up pretty much now, but as im at work Ive not played around or tweaked anything

85.236.100.71:20667 - "Pistonheads.com - Battlefield 3 Matters"

Also threw in a 30 slot Teamspeak 2 server if anyone uses that, not got the details for that yet though
Thats awesome very kind of you!

One setting that I would suggest changing is the one that requires a minimum amount of player to start the game. If you set this to 2 then people can get some practice in vehicles easily before a proper match kicks off. I believe the default minimum players is 6-8 and until then you're just stuck on the spot not able to move.

mackie1

7,263 posts

117 months

[news] 
Thursday 27th October 2011 quote quote all
dele said:
Favor called in

32 Slot server should be set up pretty much now, but as im at work Ive not played around or tweaked anything

85.236.100.71:20667 - "Pistonheads.com - Battlefield 3 Matters"

Also threw in a 30 slot Teamspeak 2 server if anyone uses that, not got the details for that yet though
Very cool! How long will it be up for?

Mine was just shipped!

Daaaveee

509 posts

107 months

[news] 
Thursday 27th October 2011 quote quote all
neema_T said:
For those who got theirs through digital distribution/those with the game now, did you know you can bypass the release date check? I did it on Tuesday night... Spent all of yesterday playing. Not much point now but if you want to do it (EA said this is totally legal, they just don't recommend it (presumably because of extra updates before Friday)), but if you want to do it...

Go to the start menu and search 'proxy'
Click Configure proxy server
Click LAN settings
Tick the 'Use a proxy server etc.' box
Enter 203.232.208.11 in the Address box and 8080 in the Port box
Click ok, launch Origin, try to play Battlefield 3, and it should pass the check. It worked for me first time but for others it took a couple of tries.
Then go back to Configure proxy server, LAN settings and untick the Use a proxy server etc. box and then you should be able to play no problem.

It's not difficult, but as it's out tonight anyway it's not that big a deal. Also I hear some of you have 'jobs' stopping you from playing all day.

I'm neema_t on Origin, too, just applied for the platoon.
The game is now officially released (early!) and therefore will unlock without needing to do this smile you're in the platoon now btw, see you on the battlefield!

neema_T

216 posts

90 months

[news] 
Thursday 27th October 2011 quote quote all
Daaaveee said:
The game is now officially released (early!) and therefore will unlock without needing to do this smile you're in the platoon now btw, see you on the battlefield!
All that time spent typing when I could have been running around aimlessly with the wrong equipment for the situation only to be shot by a chopper from a mile away... What a waste.

Altrezia

7,389 posts

95 months

[news] 
Thursday 27th October 2011 quote quote all
Just sent a join request smile

dele

999 posts

78 months

[news] 
Thursday 27th October 2011 quote quote all
mackie1 said:
Very cool! How long will it be up for?

Mine was just shipped!
6 Months, with the option to extend it at some cost afterwards if needs be

Daaaveee said:
Thats awesome very kind of you!

One setting that I would suggest changing is the one that requires a minimum amount of player to start the game. If you set this to 2 then people can get some practice in vehicles easily before a proper match kicks off. I believe the default minimum players is 6-8 and until then you're just stuck on the spot not able to move.
Yeah i had heard that, ill see if i can change it while im here at work otherwise ill do it tonight when im home

Edit:

Changed, you now only need 2 players for it to start, cant set it to one otherwise the server doesn't like it

Edited by dele on Thursday 27th October 14:14

VEA

3,500 posts

85 months

[news] 
Thursday 27th October 2011 quote quote all
I am so excited about the prospect of playing this, I just don't think my laptop is up to the challenge any more.



ETA: it's a Dell XPS M1730 CORE 2 DUO T7700 2.40GHz,800,4M
Single 256MB NVIDIA® GeForce® Go 8700m GT graphics card
Memory Dual-Channel 2048MB (2x1024) 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM

I am thinking if I get a load more Memory it might work...

Edited by VEA on Thursday 27th October 15:09

dele

999 posts

78 months

[news] 
Thursday 27th October 2011 quote quote all
VEA said:
I am so excited about the prospect of playing this, I just don't think my laptop is up to the challenge any more.



ETA: it's a Dell XPS M1730 CORE 2 DUO T7700 2.40GHz,800,4M
Single 256MB NVIDIA® GeForce® Go 8700m GT graphics card
Memory Dual-Channel 2048MB (2x1024) 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM

I am thinking if I get a load more Memory it might work...

Edited by VEA on Thursday 27th October 15:09
I think your biggest issue will be the graphics card

130R

4,756 posts

90 months

[news] 
Thursday 27th October 2011 quote quote all
Upgraded a few bits on my PC recently and it is now a beast, so looking forward to playing this over the weekend.

mackie1

7,263 posts

117 months

[news] 
Thursday 27th October 2011 quote quote all
TBH any laptop card is going to struggle, even the latest mobile ones are about 1/4 the power of a GTX 580.

1 2
4 5 ... 263 264
Reply to Topic