Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
1 2 ... 401 402
404 405 ... 414 415
Reply to Topic
Author Discussion

TheHangingJudge

695 posts

30 months

[news] 
Friday 5th October 2012 quote quote all
al bebak said:
sorry to hijack here but a quick search for bf3 only gave this thread.
i play cod quite actively and have ordered the new blops2.
i in the last few months have started to snipe on a good few maps but with the new perk set up for blops2 and the fact that stationery will be seen by uav i am thinking of jumping ship too bf3.
ive never played it before and dont really know what i need to buy, ie the game itself but what packs will i need and what costs are involved.
i only play dom on cod games as i can then flag camp/protect to a degree in the maps that are not sniper friendly.
i can run and gun but at 50 i can only do it in phases ie 3 games r and g a then snipe or flag camp.
im i suppose just looking for a more sniper friendly game and i dont think blops2 will be so if anyone can give me a few pointers on what to buy for bf3 and am would i be doing the right thing.
i only play multiplayer and only play alone ie billy no mates.
thanks.........
I used to play COD and would say the odds are you’ll love BF3 , you will of course go through the initial learning phase where you will get killed very often, but battle through and you will have a game that gives on many levels. If you like sniping the size of the maps will definitely interest you. Don’t snipe much myself but think my best kill is over 500m, the pros are getting over 1000m. And if you are sniping because you don't want to run and gun, BF3 of course offers vehicles, which may work for you.

I’d start off with the either the original game which looks like its c£25 these days or I have just noticed there is the Premium Edition game at c £43 which has the original game and extra maps. Don’t confuse this with the Premium pack which is just the expansion maps for those who bought at the beginning.

All three platform have active communities and separate threads on here. One difference with BF3 is that there are both official and player run servers. The player run servers can be a pain to play on, strange rules and admins who can kick you whenever they fancy it, so you will need to find servers that work for you, friending some of the players on here may be a fast track to that, the other alternative is stick to the official DICE or EA servers, this will make sense once you are in game.


youngsyr

7,856 posts

78 months

[news] 
Friday 5th October 2012 quote quote all
Sniping can work very well on BF3 , but like everything in BF3 it takes a bit of practice to become good at it and to know when to use it.

BF3 is a very dynamic game, sometimes you need a light machine gun, sometimes an attack helicopter, others a medic. Sticking to one role/vehicle/style of play religiously usually ends in you dying a lot.



Jasandjules

51,353 posts

115 months

[news] 
Friday 5th October 2012 quote quote all
OMFG it is sooooooo much more fun now - My internet speed has doubled to 3.5mbps and it's fecking awesome to actually win face to face fights (well, not every time)....

al bebak

153 posts

49 months

[news] 
Friday 5th October 2012 quote quote all
TheHangingJudge said:
I used to play COD and would say the odds are you’ll love BF3 , you will of course go through the initial learning phase where you will get killed very often, but battle through and you will have a game that gives on many levels. If you like sniping the size of the maps will definitely interest you. Don’t snipe much myself but think my best kill is over 500m, the pros are getting over 1000m. And if you are sniping because you don't want to run and gun, BF3 of course offers vehicles, which may work for you.

I’d start off with the either the original game which looks like its c£25 these days or I have just noticed there is the Premium Edition game at c £43 which has the original game and extra maps. Don’t confuse this with the Premium pack which is just the expansion maps for those who bought at the beginning.


All three platform have active communities and separate threads on here. One difference with BF3 is that there are both official and player run servers. The player run servers can be a pain to play on, strange rules and admins who can kick you whenever they fancy it, so you will need to find servers that work for you, friending some of the players on here may be a fast track to that, the other alternative is stick to the official DICE or EA servers, this will make sense once you are in game.
thanks for the info THJ,
i had a search around and i was thinking of getting premium edition version.
dont get me wrong i dont want to snipe all the time but i also dont want to run around all the time either, at present i can do this on mw3 but blops 2 seems to be heading the way of run and gun only.
i nearly jumped onto bf3 last year but struggle enough keeping up with one lot of maps to remember and stuck with what i know.
is there any hints as to how long bf3 will last as a game, cod just seems too produce more of the same year on year whereas bf3 seems too stay around for a few years and just do expansion packs, difference being £30 to £50 for a new cod plus maps all year,every year for what is more of the same really.

C2james

4,604 posts

51 months

[news] 
Friday 5th October 2012 quote quote all
Jasandjules said:
OMFG it is sooooooo much more fun now - My internet speed has doubled to 3.5mbps and it's fecking awesome to actually win face to face fights (well, not every time)....
christ i still have issues and run between 12 to 18 mbps.
Advertisement

S3_Graham

11,991 posts

85 months

[news] 
Saturday 6th October 2012 quote quote all
al bebak said:
thanks for the info THJ,
i had a search around and i was thinking of getting premium edition version.
dont get me wrong i dont want to snipe all the time but i also dont want to run around all the time either, at present i can do this on mw3 but blops 2 seems to be heading the way of run and gun only.
i nearly jumped onto bf3 last year but struggle enough keeping up with one lot of maps to remember and stuck with what i know.
is there any hints as to how long bf3 will last as a game, cod just seems too produce more of the same year on year whereas bf3 seems too stay around for a few years and just do expansion packs, difference being £30 to £50 for a new cod plus maps all year,every year for what is more of the same really.
Bf series tends to alternate between new BF games and battlefield bad company games.

You could try a cheap version of bf bad company 2?

al bebak

153 posts

49 months

[news] 
Saturday 6th October 2012 quote quote all
S3_Graham said:
Bf series tends to alternate between new BF games and battlefield bad company games.

You could try a cheap version of bf bad company 2?
thanks Graham.

Jasandjules

51,353 posts

115 months

[news] 
Saturday 6th October 2012 quote quote all
C2james said:
Jasandjules said:
OMFG it is sooooooo much more fun now - My internet speed has doubled to 3.5mbps and it's fecking awesome to actually win face to face fights (well, not every time)....
christ i still have issues and run between 12 to 18 mbps.
Well, up to now I would see someone running towards me, on my screen I would open fire and get hit markers then I would be dead. Very frustrating to never win a head to head..... They would have 100% health. NOW I get a fair few kills and even when I lose they have 20% or so health left maximum. Soooo much better for me now.


y2blade

54,388 posts

101 months

[news] 
Monday 8th October 2012 quote quote all
I did a big ticket round of Conquest on Metro....it was bloody superb cool

Jasandjules

51,353 posts

115 months

[news] 
Wednesday 10th October 2012 quote quote all
Arrrgghhh.. Speed back down 1.8mbps. Back to shooting someone in the the head only to see me dead and them with 100% health. Back to suddenly being dead then my killer materialises in front of me. FFS.

3sixty

2,785 posts

85 months

[news] 
Wednesday 10th October 2012 quote quote all
You do realise the speed of your line has no relevance to the latency to the server you are playing on?

Jasandjules

51,353 posts

115 months

[news] 
Wednesday 10th October 2012 quote quote all
3sixty said:
You do realise the speed of your line has no relevance to the latency to the server you are playing on?
So I've been told but when I had 3mpbs these problems were not there. I got MVP1 3 out of 4 games and my average KDR was 2.5.... People did not materialise in front of me, and when I saw someone most of the time I won the head to head shoot out.


y2blade

54,388 posts

101 months

[news] 
Friday 12th October 2012 quote quote all
In multiplayer "Tickets" = "kills" ??????


Glade

2,699 posts

109 months

[news] 
Friday 12th October 2012 quote quote all
Not quite... if you revive you get a ticket back for your team.

Oh and if you have the majority of flags captured the other team bleeds tickets, until you win.

Sway

3,636 posts

80 months

[news] 
Friday 12th October 2012 quote quote all
Blade, as you liked conquest on metro, have you played rush at all?

I personally think rush is the best intro to the game - clearly defined roles and objectives leads to teamplay, nice balanced way to obtain the initial rankings and weapon unlocks, no pesky heli's or large amount of armour to mess you up.

Also, don't ignore playing a supporting role to achieve big rewards - throwing ammo at a bottleneck of your team is a nice easy way to earn the points of ten kills. Same for healthpacks and reviving. Lastly, setting up an lmg at a choke point is good too - even without getting the kill you'll typically wound and get supression/kill assist bonuses that add up to more points than a straight kill.

At least, that's the excuse I use for my deliberately wild fire...

Fabric

3,378 posts

78 months

[news] 
Friday 12th October 2012 quote quote all
y2blade said:
In multiplayer "Tickets" = "kills" ??????
Tickets are the amount of lives/spawns a team has. When someone dies, a ticket disappears. As Glade mentioned, if you revive someone before they die - the ticket isn't lost.

Dave_ITR

812 posts

83 months

[news] 
Friday 12th October 2012 quote quote all
I got this, played it once & decided I didn't like it (probably didn't help that I was hopeless at it). What are 360 copies of this going for at the moment? Happy to let mine go cheap for a PH'er that will enjoy it.

militantmandy

3,116 posts

72 months

[news] 
Friday 12th October 2012 quote quote all
For the first time ever, I shot the pilot of an attack chopper and watched as it dropped out of the sky like a stone. Far more pleased about this than I should be.

S3_Graham

11,991 posts

85 months

[news] 
Friday 12th October 2012 quote quote all
militantmandy said:
For the first time ever, I shot the pilot of an attack chopper and watched as it dropped out of the sky like a stone. Far more pleased about this than I should be.
i was flying full chat and was snipered out of mine. Not impressed.

militantmandy

3,116 posts

72 months

[news] 
Sunday 14th October 2012 quote quote all
Maybe it was you! Operation Firestorm?
1 2 ... 401 402
404 405 ... 414 415
Reply to Topic