Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
2 3 ... 414 415
Reply to Topic
Author Discussion

benje

Original Poster:

167 posts

131 months

[news] 
Monday 7th February 2011 quote quote all
Well it looks like this is coming this Autumn according to the email I've had today.

It seems jets will be coming back ala Battlefield 2 which should be good fun, Should be interesting on a Playstation controller.

For the PC players amongst us, 64 player multiplayer! I assume PS3 will still be stuck with 32 which is a shame. If it's as good as Bad Company I'll be happy! Don't know whether to preorder it or not...

MattyB_

1,305 posts

143 months

[news] 
Monday 7th February 2011 quote quote all
I never got into BF2, hated the dolphin diving and OTT use of armour and jets...but...

[quote]"Huge Maps. Tanks. Defibrillators. Jets. Team play" and "The focus of #BF3 isn't special forces... we'll leave that to MOH" and "Yes, there will be spotting" and "Dolphin Diving is out. Period" and "There will be a knife, there will be dogtags. No details for now" and "I want players to have to chose between CQB and Long Range, there won't be hybrid scopes because it kills that choice" and "Vehicle/Infantry balance is a focus for me, it will be awesome this time" and "No plans for ziplines or grapple hooks no" and "BF3 will be deeper than BF2. That said we've paid a lot of attention to keeping depth while pacing the learning curve."
[/quote]

Sounds promising.

RemainAllHoof

56,141 posts

168 months

[news] 
Monday 7th February 2011 quote quote all
The bunny hopping is more annoying. That said, just time it. I can wade into battle with a shotgun and take out the idiot bunny hoppers.

MiniMan64

9,290 posts

76 months

[news] 
Monday 7th February 2011 quote quote all
I hope they make it mandatory to squad up.

RemainAllHoof

56,141 posts

168 months

[news] 
Monday 7th February 2011 quote quote all
MiniMan64 said:
I hope they make it mandatory to squad up.
And not in squads of one!!!
Advertisement

MiniMan64

9,290 posts

76 months

[news] 
Monday 7th February 2011 quote quote all
RemainAllHoof said:
And not in squads of one!!!
People who create squads and then lock them with only them in it should be dropped in the very corner of the map automatically, infuriating.

Frederick

4,487 posts

106 months

[news] 
Monday 7th February 2011 quote quote all
Can't wait for this... had some great games on BF2:MC on the 360 and BF2 on the PC biggrin

S3_Graham

11,991 posts

85 months

[news] 
Monday 7th February 2011 quote quote all
MiniMan64 said:
People who create squads and then lock them with only them in it should be dropped in the very corner of the map automatically, infuriating.
90% of the time i agree, however has it never happened that you finally sneak into their base and find a nice vantage point to sniper. Then you have a teammate spawn on your position and give your place away totally?? Uber frustrating!

MiniMan64

9,290 posts

76 months

[news] 
Monday 7th February 2011 quote quote all
S3_Graham said:
MiniMan64 said:
People who create squads and then lock them with only them in it should be dropped in the very corner of the map automatically, infuriating.
90% of the time i agree, however has it never happened that you finally sneak into their base and find a nice vantage point to sniper. Then you have a teammate spawn on your position and give your place away totally?? Uber frustrating!
If someone spawning on you gives your position away then you're not hiding properly! Besides that's the whole point of the squad spawn, some sneaky st sneaks into a random corner of the enemy base, hides, waits for all five memebers to spawn on them, then storms them from the inside out. Top quality playing that is.

RemainAllHoof

56,141 posts

168 months

[news] 
Monday 7th February 2011 quote quote all
MiniMan64 said:
If someone spawning on you gives your position away then you're not hiding properly! Besides that's the whole point of the squad spawn, some sneaky st sneaks into a random corner of the enemy base, hides, waits for all five memebers to spawn on them, then storms them from the inside out. Top quality playing that is.
Agreed.

All this talk of BF2 is getting me twitchy again. Roll on 11pm when I can have fun and log into the decent servers!

MiniMan64

9,290 posts

76 months

[news] 
Monday 7th February 2011 quote quote all
RemainAllHoof said:
MiniMan64 said:
If someone spawning on you gives your position away then you're not hiding properly! Besides that's the whole point of the squad spawn, some sneaky st sneaks into a random corner of the enemy base, hides, waits for all five memebers to spawn on them, then storms them from the inside out. Top quality playing that is.
Agreed.

All this talk of BF2 is getting me twitchy again. Roll on 11pm when I can have fun and log into the decent servers!
I'm going to find it hard going back to a PC version if that's going to be better online rather than the BC on the PS3 I've been playing for the last 4 months

RemainAllHoof

56,141 posts

168 months

[news] 
Monday 7th February 2011 quote quote all
MiniMan64 said:
I'm going to find it hard going back to a PC version if that's going to be better online rather than the BC on the PS3 I've been playing for the last 4 months
Can't comment. I am still playing BF2 as are a hell of a lot of people!

Spiritual_Beggar

4,688 posts

80 months

[news] 
Monday 7th February 2011 quote quote all
RemainAllHoof said:
MiniMan64 said:
I'm going to find it hard going back to a PC version if that's going to be better online rather than the BC on the PS3 I've been playing for the last 4 months
Can't comment. I am still playing BF2 as are a hell of a lot of people!
Project Reality ftw biggrin

MiniMan64

9,290 posts

76 months

[news] 
Monday 7th February 2011 quote quote all
RemainAllHoof said:
MiniMan64 said:
I'm going to find it hard going back to a PC version if that's going to be better online rather than the BC on the PS3 I've been playing for the last 4 months
Can't comment. I am still playing BF2 as are a hell of a lot of people!
I was too until October last year when I "accquired" my brothers PS3 and a copy of Bad Company.

Shinobi

3,201 posts

76 months

[news] 
Tuesday 8th February 2011 quote quote all
Whats Dolphin Diving? Also why would someone want to squad up on there own?

RemainAllHoof

56,141 posts

168 months

[news] 
Tuesday 8th February 2011 quote quote all
Shinobi said:
Whats Dolphin Diving? Also why would someone want to squad up on there own?
It's a way of avoiding bullets. Jump in the air then drop to prone. It looks stupid and is just taking advantage of game dynamics rather than the realism of battlefield conflict; you don't get injured when jumping in the air and landing on your front in the game and injuries aren't body-specific so being shot in the leg doesn't mean you have problems walking/running/jumping. It is very idiotic when they use it cover a large expanse of open space. Bunnyhopping is another annoying thing. They jump up and down in close quarter combat to avoid being shot. It's stupid for similar reasons. You wouldn't do it in the real world as a means of not getting shot.

As for single-man squads, I can only guess:
1) can summon kit/uav/vehicle drop/arty strike from the commander
2) waiting for friends to join and only want to play with friends

Edited by RemainAllHoof on Tuesday 8th February 10:44

MattyB_

1,305 posts

143 months

[news] 
Tuesday 8th February 2011 quote quote all
MiniMan64 said:
I'm going to find it hard going back to a PC version if that's going to be better online rather than the BC on the PS3 I've been playing for the last 4 months
BC2 on the 360 (and I guess, PS3) pales into comparison to the PC version IMO. Smaller teams, control pad for aiming (urgh), graphics are noticably a step down but - most crucially - PC gamers are FAR more 'team' orientated than the console players. Far more spotting, tagging of armour, heals/resurrecting. Consolers seem far more Rambo.

Case in point - there was an map 'unlock' achievement for each platform based on the amount of team actions that were completed. I think the target was 500,000 and the PC gamers hit that while the consoles were still only on 250k *combined*.

The downside, of course, is that its a heck of a lot tougher to survive on the PC version! wink

benje

Original Poster:

167 posts

131 months

[news] 
Tuesday 8th February 2011 quote quote all
It's been so long since I played BF2 on the PC that I've had to remind myself what it was like on Youtube.

Do you get many hackers on the PC versions nowadays? That's one thing I thought I was fairly immune from on the PS3 versions (Can't say I've come across any on BC2, MW2 is a different story!)


RemainAllHoof

56,141 posts

168 months

[news] 
Tuesday 8th February 2011 quote quote all
benje said:
It's been so long since I played BF2 on the PC that I've had to remind myself what it was like on Youtube.

Do you get many hackers on the PC versions nowadays? That's one thing I thought I was fairly immune from on the PS3 versions (Can't say I've come across any on BC2, MW2 is a different story!)
Not in the decent servers. Admin on the packed servers are usually pretty strict about cheats and the regulars will spot them and !report.

Good example of teamplay:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cN3o7CAMBxg

How do you make such a video?

Shinobi

3,201 posts

76 months

[news] 
Wednesday 9th February 2011 quote quote all
RemainAllHoof said:
It's a way of avoiding bullets. Jump in the air then drop to prone. It looks stupid and is just taking advantage of game dynamics rather than the realism of battlefield conflict; you don't get injured when jumping in the air and landing on your front in the game and injuries aren't body-specific so being shot in the leg doesn't mean you have problems walking/running/jumping. It is very idiotic when they use it cover a large expanse of open space. Bunnyhopping is another annoying thing. They jump up and down in close quarter combat to avoid being shot. It's stupid for similar reasons. You wouldn't do it in the real world as a means of not getting shot.

As for single-man squads, I can only guess:
1) can summon kit/uav/vehicle drop/arty strike from the commander
2) waiting for friends to join and only want to play with friends

Edited by RemainAllHoof on Tuesday 8th February 10:44
Thanks for that, Dolphin Diving sounds very lame.

2 3 ... 414 415
Reply to Topic