Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
1
Reply to Topic
Author Discussion

mikel003003

1,046 posts

53 months

[news] 
Thursday 27th September 2012 quote quote all
S2Mike said:
OK, went and had a look,
Mine are 7J x 15s all round,
225/60/15 on the back
205/60/15 on the front
along with 30mm spacers all round.
Whether right or wrong that is what the previous owner fitted, it does hold the road well, a little wallowy if I am picky probably due to the tall sidewalls.
Can only compare it with my MGB that was on low profile Yokohamas, with uprated, lowered suspension.
Still cannot take the TVR to our local shopping centre though, they have viciously tall road humps all over the place, and that exhaust does hang low!
Caution...... 225 /60 will rub s1 arches under squat ! I run 225/55

S2Mike

3,037 posts

37 months

[news] 
Thursday 27th September 2012 quote quote all
mikel003003 said:
S2Mike said:
Previous owner of my S put 30mm spacers on all the hubs, makes the tyres fill the arches, and he put higher profile tyres on as well because round where he lives there are loads of sleeping policemen. His words were it gave it the " Old School Hot Rod Look "
Love the front end of your car
.
Another mod by previous owner to cope with overheating, 400 quids worth of radiator, and holes drilled in the front panel to increase air flow.
Seems to work , has not overheated for me so far. Not so keen on the sticky reg plate on the bonnet though.

mikel003003

1,046 posts

53 months

[news] 
Thursday 27th September 2012 quote quote all

Steelies rock! Mondeo front and cougar space savers rear heavily banded of course

mikel003003

1,046 posts

53 months

[news] 
Thursday 27th September 2012 quote quote all
S2Mike said:
mikel003003 said:
S2Mike said:
Previous owner of my S put 30mm spacers on all the hubs, makes the tyres fill the arches, and he put higher profile tyres on as well because round where he lives there are loads of sleeping policemen. His words were it gave it the " Old School Hot Rod Look "
Love the front end of your car
.
Another mod by previous owner to cope with overheating, 400 quids worth of radiator, and holes drilled in the front panel to increase air flow.
Seems to work , has not overheated for me so far. Not so keen on the sticky reg plate on the bonnet though.
No I like it , I might do that (if I keep the car)

Knowler

Original Poster:

172 posts

26 months

[news] 
Thursday 27th September 2012 quote quote all
phillpot said:
teacher back to the beginning and read my first reply !
Dog! Again!! I'm having one of those days... ;-)
Advertisement

Warwick67

397 posts

101 months

[news] 
Wednesday 10th October 2012 quote quote all
Anyone know the spec for an M? I have 2500M that I just started to Hill Climb & would like to get some more appropriate wheels/tyres than the standards, was thinking minilights....

S2Mike

3,037 posts

37 months

[news] 
Wednesday 10th October 2012 quote quote all
S2Mike said:
OK, went and had a look,
Mine are 7J x 15s all round,
225/60/15 on the back
205/60/15 on the front
along with 30mm spacers all round.
Whether right or wrong that is what the previous owner fitted, it does hold the road well, a little wallowy if I am picky probably due to the tall sidewalls.
Can only compare it with my MGB that was on low profile Yokohamas, with uprated, lowered suspension.
Still cannot take the TVR to our local shopping centre though, they have viciously tall road humps all over the place, and that exhaust does hang low!
.
Just a revisit, noticed I said it was a bit wallowy, I blamed the side walls , but it was the steering U/J after all.

BountyHunter

1,049 posts

81 months

[news] 
Wednesday 10th October 2012 quote quote all
mikel003003 said:

Steelies rock! Mondeo front and cougar space savers rear heavily banded of course
really not feeling that at all frown

mikel003003

1,046 posts

53 months

[news] 
Wednesday 10th October 2012 quote quote all
BountyHunter said:
really not feeling that at all frown
Don't be sad , couldn't afford to replace knackered alloys it has kept me on the road and I quite like it,

phillpot

8,329 posts

70 months

[news] 
Wednesday 10th October 2012 quote quote all
Warwick67 said:
Anyone know the spec for an M?
t slots are 6 x 14 with 4.5" pcd (don't know et). Probably a lot more advice available over on the Classic Forum.

This is my Taimar on 7 x 15 (0 et) 5 spoke Revolutions...


glenrobbo

3,479 posts

37 months

[news] 
Thursday 11th October 2012 quote quote all
phillpot said:
This is my Taimar on 7 x 15 (0 et) 5 spoke Revolutions...

Mike, that is such a pretty car, it needs to be shown a lot more. Are you bringing it to Shelsley Walsh on Sunday?
See you there if the weather plays ball.smile

phillpot

8,329 posts

70 months

[news] 
Thursday 11th October 2012 quote quote all
glenrobbo said:
Are you bringing it to Shelsley Walsh on Sunday?
See you there if the weather plays ball.smile
It is my "wet weather" (and looks like it could be very wet Sunday) car but unfortunately the diff is out at the mo being overhauled. Guy said he'd try and get it done by Friday but he's very busy, short staffed etc. so said I'd rather wait a few days than have it rushed.
1
Reply to Topic