Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
2 3 ... 8 9
Reply to Topic
Author Discussion

richardgrace75

Original Poster:

71 posts

24 months

[news] 
Tuesday 24th April 2012 quote quote all
Does anyone know where the Speed 12 is now?

I know it was at Beaulieu a few years back and I know it was also for sale around the same time. But where is it now?

The Speed12.info website is still up and running, but there are never any replies to emails.

Is it in a private collection now, in a museum, or elsewhere?

Any help would be great,

Thanks all!

450Nick

3,613 posts

92 months

[news] 
Tuesday 24th April 2012 quote quote all
Owned by a guy on here, and is currently up in Blackpool having some work done as far as I know. I'm sure he'll be along soon to explain in more detail!

richardgrace75

Original Poster:

71 posts

24 months

[news] 
Tuesday 24th April 2012 quote quote all
Great, look forward to finding out more!

PascalBuyens

2,868 posts

162 months

[news] 
Tuesday 24th April 2012 quote quote all
I guess you could say the Speed 12 is in a private "collection" LOL

RedSpike66

2,162 posts

92 months

[news] 
Tuesday 24th April 2012 quote quote all
There will be two along shortly !!! biggrin
Advertisement

richtvr

429 posts

106 months

[news] 
Tuesday 24th April 2012 quote quote all
Seen a sp12 engine in powers work shop yesterday!!

V8 GRF

6,495 posts

90 months

[news] 
Tuesday 24th April 2012 quote quote all
richtvr said:
Seen a sp12 engine in powers work shop yesterday!!
Yep I undesrtand that's one of the 'spare' engines. I understand Dom wants to have a play with it but from what I've heard I'll be surprised if it's much more than scrap, it'll be interesting if he can get it running though smile

The one from W112 has already been rebuilt and is in the process of going back in

G1ABB

699 posts

84 months

[news] 
Tuesday 24th April 2012 quote quote all
Hi,

BFV is having some finishing touches to the AM engine. After that, it's spray time, sort the brakes, air jacks and lots of bits of pieces. After that it's testing. S&D are spraying one of the doors this week to see how the colour looks. I'm going to leave the CF weave showing in places, besides filler adds weight...

W112 is per David. Engine is almost back together, steering modification to do, new batteries needed, lots of TLC from Jonny to make sure everything is A1.

Funnily enough they could well be back to life at the same time. Talk about spoilt for choice.



rigga

4,108 posts

81 months

[news] 
Tuesday 24th April 2012 quote quote all
G1ABB said:
Talk about spoilt for choice.
Massive understatement ........

Gray_101

1,014 posts

70 months

[news] 
Wednesday 25th April 2012 quote quote all
G1ABB said:
Hi,

BFV is having some finishing touches to the AM engine. After that, it's spray time, sort the brakes, air jacks and lots of bits of pieces. After that it's testing. S&D are spraying one of the doors this week to see how the colour looks. I'm going to leave the CF weave showing in places, besides filler adds weight...

W112 is per David. Engine is almost back together, steering modification to do, new batteries needed, lots of TLC from Jonny to make sure everything is A1.

Funnily enough they could well be back to life at the same time. Talk about spoilt for choice.
What !!!! not a new teaser pic to post Graham ?.................. shame on you nono


hehe

richardgrace75

Original Poster:

71 posts

24 months

[news] 
Wednesday 25th April 2012 quote quote all
Great to read the replies and really hope to see some pics soon. What an awesome machine! I still chuckle at the Top Gear clip of the Speed 12 going round the test track, gives me goose bumps every time, without fail! Who cares that it didn't handle well and the brakes wined every time it slowed down... It's just a stunning thing and everything I love about TVRs. Also love the pics of the vast engine being tested at TVR, it's huge! Hard to imagine the thing actually fitting in ANY car. Would love to see it in the flesh one day.

Gazzab

15,658 posts

162 months

[news] 
Wednesday 25th April 2012 quote quote all
Was that the white Speed 12 or the Cerbera Speed 12?

richardgrace75

Original Poster:

71 posts

24 months

[news] 
Wednesday 25th April 2012 quote quote all
It was the white Speed 12. In the days when Top Gear was about cars!

King Fisher

712 posts

59 months

[news] 
Wednesday 25th April 2012 quote quote all
richardgrace75 said:
It was the white Speed 12. In the days when Top Gear was about cars!
Which became purple, and is now 'missing'......

As for the engine being vast, it isn't THAT big, it's the exhaust system that makes it look huge.

Gazzab

15,658 posts

162 months

[news] 
Wednesday 25th April 2012 quote quote all
That car doesnt exist any more afaik.
The Speed 12 morphed into the Cerbera Speed 12. The one remaining Speed 12 was bought by Graham, the chap above. He has also commissioned a build of another Cerbera S12 utilising original parts etc but with a different 12 cyl engine.
I assume he has a job lot of kidneys to sell.

RedSpike66

2,162 posts

92 months

[news] 
Wednesday 25th April 2012 quote quote all
This thread is useless without some pics..... Graham ?? (please, just a teaser....) biggrin

dhf

1,103 posts

74 months

[news] 
Wednesday 25th April 2012 quote quote all
King Fisher said:
Which became purple, and is now 'missing'......

As for the engine being vast, it isn't THAT big, it's the exhaust system that makes it look huge.



Above pic taken late 2002



Dare i stick my neck out and say that sadly it looks like the racer

Edited by dhf on Wednesday 25th April 13:52

King Fisher

712 posts

59 months

[news] 
Wednesday 25th April 2012 quote quote all
dhf said:



Late 2002

Edited by dhf on Wednesday 25th April 13:32


Edited by dhf on Wednesday 25th April 13:44
No pic there mate.

dhf

1,103 posts

74 months

[news] 
Wednesday 25th April 2012 quote quote all
King Fisher said:
As for the engine being vast, it isn't THAT big, it's the exhaust system that makes it look huge.

V8 GRF

6,495 posts

90 months

[news] 
Wednesday 25th April 2012 quote quote all
Gazzab said:
That car doesnt exist any more afaik.
The Speed 12 morphed into the Cerbera Speed 12. The one remaining Speed 12 was bought by Graham, the chap above. He has also commissioned a build of another Cerbera S12 utilising original parts etc but with a different 12 cyl engine.
I assume he has a job lot of kidneys to sell.
Completely different cars so no 'morphing' apart from the name and the engine

The original Speed 12 (the purple car in the above pictures) ran a spaceframe chassis and as I said above the only common item with the later cars is the engine.

Graham's cars are Speed 12 Cerberas and are full race cars built around a custom folded alloy tub and as such share nothing in common with regards to running gear or chassis with the Cerbera either.

Edited by V8 GRF on Wednesday 25th April 14:23

2 3 ... 8 9
Reply to Topic