PistonHeads.com Forum

Speed 12 project

Author
Discussion

Dave_M

5,388 posts

121 months

Saturday 4th August 2012
quotequote all
Well done Graham! clap

Slow M

2,259 posts

103 months

Saturday 4th August 2012
quotequote all
G1ABB said:
Lots:

CS12 - W112 BHG - engine rebuild has been completed and engine is probably already back in the car. General nut and bolt check taking place.

CS12 - W312 BFV - panels being painted whilst lots of little things are finished off.

If either one is ready for BNG then I'll bring it along. W112 BHG is looking the most likely right now.
That's VERY exciting news.
I contonue to wish you lots of momentum, and look forward to your projects being complete, even if I'll likely only ever see or hear them in a virtual world.

Best,
B.

G1ABB

Original Poster:

765 posts

101 months

Saturday 18th August 2012
quotequote all
Just to confirm, Cerbera Speed 12 (W112) is expected to attend TVRCC BNG event at Sherburn.


lazyitus

19,824 posts

163 months

Sunday 19th August 2012
quotequote all
G1ABB said:
Just to confirm, Cerbera Speed 12 (W112) is expected to attend TVRCC BNG event at Sherburn.

Can't wait to see (and hear) this. yes

G1ABB

Original Poster:

765 posts

101 months

Friday 31st August 2012
quotequote all
lazyitus said:
Can't wait to see (and hear) this. yes
Looking good to go.. MOT passed and car ready and waiting to do a few test runs down the runway...

Also, the AM powered engine is up and running in the other CS12!

lazyitus

19,824 posts

163 months

Friday 31st August 2012
quotequote all
G1ABB said:
lazyitus said:
Can't wait to see (and hear) this. yes
Looking good to go.. MOT passed and car ready and waiting to do a few test runs down the runway...

Also, the AM powered engine is up and running in the other CS12!
Excellent news. thumbup

natben

2,550 posts

128 months

Friday 31st August 2012
quotequote all
Great news, I can't make BNG, so please pistonheaders take plenty of pictures and a video. Can't wait to see this and congratulations for completeing the car G1ABB

schimg

1,830 posts

150 months

Sunday 2nd September 2012
quotequote all
G1ABB said:
Looking good to go.. MOT passed and car ready and waiting to do a few test runs down the runway...

Also, the AM powered engine is up and running in the other CS12!
This is good news Graham...did you tax her in the end?
George is so looking forward to it....will be a great weekend...gonna be something else to her her run again...last time I saw her run was Blackpool, think that was 2006!

Bought me new project yesterday rotate

crimbo

1,083 posts

125 months

Thursday 13th September 2012
quotequote all
are either of these cars ever used on the public road? Say if you where going chatsworth next year, would it be driven there or transported,I think I'd exlode if I ever sore the red speed 12 on the road. I get excited when I see a tvr but a speed 12 yikes

grahamw48

9,928 posts

135 months

Thursday 13th September 2012
quotequote all
crimbo said:
are either of these cars ever used on the public road? Say if you where going chatsworth next year, would it be driven there or transported,I think I'd exlode if I ever sore the red speed 12 on the road. I get excited when I see a tvr but a speed 12 yikes
...Just heading out on to a (minor) public road...with 5000M up ahead at BNG smile

Around the next couple of corners were a bunch of tivvers heading up to the event who all had to pull over to let these rather rare and exciting cars pass.

I remember thinking...there's going to be some pretty wide-eyed people in that queue. hehe

.

Mark.

11,104 posts

173 months

Thursday 13th September 2012
quotequote all
crimbo said:
I get excited when I see a tvr but a speed 12 yikes
+1 Imagine - just imagine what it must be like to be behind the wheel! And to own it!

I rarely get green eyed over anything, but the Speed 12 Oh yes!

richardgrace75

100 posts

41 months

Friday 14th September 2012
quotequote all
How totally and utterly brilliant!

Convert

3,309 posts

115 months

Friday 14th September 2012
quotequote all
grahamw48 said:
...Just heading out on to a (minor) public road...with 5000M up ahead at BNG smile

Around the next couple of corners were a bunch of tivvers heading up to the event who all had to pull over to let these rather rare and exciting cars pass.

I remember thinking...there's going to be some pretty wide-eyed people in that queue. hehe

.
I was in that Q, along with a few other SYTVRCC chaps. Wide eyed doesn't even come close Graham.


PS Have you bought a Moggy 1000 yet?

kevin63

4,633 posts

150 months

Friday 14th September 2012
quotequote all
I was in that queue too and had a thought that we might have missed seeing them, I'm glad I was wrong.

schimg

1,830 posts

150 months

Friday 14th September 2012
quotequote all
A few random pics from the weekend...

I think this was Saturday lunch when the running in oil was dumped...






we layed the cars up overnight in the hanger....this shot sums it up....evening sun...dust on the cars..all had done what they needed to..



then we cleaned them as best as we could and went fr another run..the SP12 became a focal point which is only right and proper...




RedSpike66

2,198 posts

109 months

Friday 14th September 2012
quotequote all
Graham, It's the P&J of all P&J's, especially with it being so rare, but would you ever, ever consider letting the Stig take it round the Top Geat track ??? It would be awesome to have TVR Cerbera Speed12 sat at the top of the all time list....

davemac250

4,378 posts

102 months

Friday 14th September 2012
quotequote all
If you would, I know a guy in the production team.

450Nick

3,712 posts

109 months

Friday 14th September 2012
quotequote all
already on it smile

Don1

11,353 posts

105 months

Friday 14th September 2012
quotequote all
Chance of doing a TVR still lives episode? I'd allow him to take my Sag out....

crimbo

1,083 posts

125 months

Saturday 15th September 2012
quotequote all
Love the colour of it, never new it was a fli colour? what is it?