PistonHeads.com Forum

Lotus Exige V6 SC (Exige (S3?) - New Elise SC

Lotus Exige V6 SC (Exige (S3?) - New Elise SC

Author
Discussion

GTRene

10,749 posts

129 months

Friday 27th July 2012
quotequote all

GTRene

10,749 posts

129 months

Friday 27th July 2012
quotequote all

GTRene

10,749 posts

129 months

Friday 27th July 2012
quotequote all







OlberJ

14,082 posts

138 months

Friday 27th July 2012
quotequote all
Wonder what the standard wheel upgrade will become? I think they look awful.


Thorburn

1,491 posts

98 months

Friday 27th July 2012
quotequote all
OlberJ said:
Wonder what the standard wheel upgrade will become? I think they look awful.
They look good in plain black, which is the standard finish.

They actually look alright with the Diamond Cut finish in the metal, but not so good in pictures.
Advertisement

OlberJ

14,082 posts

138 months

Friday 27th July 2012
quotequote all
It's the design itself, looks very wolfrace I reckon.

jackal

11,152 posts

187 months

Sunday 5th August 2012
quotequote all
The wheels are one of the best things on it. Thank God they put a bit of bling onto it; they might actually sell a few now.

chevronb37

6,194 posts

91 months

Sunday 5th August 2012
quotequote all
GTRene said:
Bit biased but that shot shows how well the S1 and S2 Exiges have dated. The old models don't look out-of-date as such, just different to the current iteration. Wish I could afford one to go with the old shed...

bobo

1,515 posts

183 months

Sunday 5th August 2012
quotequote all
the s1 exige is a timeless masterpiece ... it will always look good in context. as it does in that shot ...



chevronb37 said:
Bit biased but that shot shows how well the S1 and S2 Exiges have dated. The old models don't look out-of-date as such, just different to the current iteration. Wish I could afford one to go with the old shed...

chevronb37

6,194 posts

91 months

Monday 6th August 2012
quotequote all
bobo said:
the s1 exige is a timeless masterpiece ... it will always look good in context. as it does in that shot ...



chevronb37 said:
Bit biased but that shot shows how well the S1 and S2 Exiges have dated. The old models don't look out-of-date as such, just different to the current iteration. Wish I could afford one to go with the old shed...
I know it's easy to be reverential about one's own car but I don't think the S1 has aged at all. I never think mine looks like an 11 year old car. I actually think the new Exige S looks fantastic as well, but it's different, not better or worse, just a different kind of Exige.

I think Lotus could release this tomorrow and it'd still look badass (adopt bias mode):


Boggy

Original Poster:

4,538 posts

140 months

Thursday 16th August 2012
quotequote all
Should be a few new Exige S's up at Brand's this weekend for anyone who's interested. They will also have the Exige Cup car on display so I'm told

Boggy

simpo555

542 posts

69 months

Thursday 16th August 2012
quotequote all
Message for GT Rene. Great pictures and good photography. To me the Lotus looks magnificent against the backdrop of german and jap cars. The BMW + Mercedes look out of place but thats just my dislike for this sort of car no doubt. The Belgian plated cars just go to show that in general, as far as looks are concerned Lotus gets it right, absolutely magnificent.

bobo

1,515 posts

183 months

Thursday 16th August 2012
quotequote all
morning all ... the MS green is really growing on me... speccd w gloss black wheels and coded pods... hmmmm


Thorburn

1,491 posts

98 months

Thursday 16th August 2012
quotequote all
Boggy said:
Should be a few new Exige S's up at Brand's this weekend for anyone who's interested. They will also have the Exige Cup car on display so I'm told

Boggy
Spec sheet for the Cup here: http://www.seloc.org/2012/08/lotus-racing-exige-v6...

smile

Scuffers

20,887 posts

179 months

Thursday 16th August 2012
quotequote all
Loads of * in that!


bobo

1,515 posts

183 months

Thursday 16th August 2012
quotequote all
and will scuffham be making an appearance at the lotus festival ?


Scuffers said:
Loads of * in that!

Scuffers

20,887 posts

179 months

Thursday 16th August 2012
quotequote all
bobo said:
and will scuffham be making an appearance at the lotus festival ?

Scuffers said:
Loads of * in that!
Nope, I will be on a beach somewhere.

although I am not sure I understand the relevance of my whereabouts is to a spec sheet full of *'s is?



pgn340r

101 posts

112 months

Wednesday 22nd August 2012
quotequote all
Have to say I smiled when I saw on the Cup optional extras specs were rear parking sensors

Boggy

Original Poster:

4,538 posts

140 months

Thursday 20th September 2012
quotequote all
http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&v=zi3rHles2...

Bloody Quick car, this really is all the Exige you are ever going to need even an F1 driver has to be alert

Boggy

C43

664 posts

103 months

Thursday 20th September 2012
quotequote all
I have been lucky enough to be out with a few F1 driver in various Lotii I have owned and they are on a different level. I remember one classic occasion when my friend in a 4wd turbo 911 was soundly beaten by Fisichella in a automatic laguna in the wet with a full load of passengers, and my friend was usually rated as bloody quick. He never lived that one down.

Did not look like the lack of a LSD was a major issue smile

C43