PistonHeads.com Forum

S60 D5... owners

Author
Discussion

Davie_GLA

3,740 posts

111 months

Wednesday 18th July 2012
quotequote all
ad551 said:
Yes, I have the USA Spec adaptor to plug my iPhone in with...
Excellent, can you elaborate on what it is and where i can get it?

Edit - this looks like the one:

http://www.amazon.com/USA-PA11-VOL-Factory-Interfa...



Edited by Davie_GLA on Wednesday 18th July 14:35

ad551

1,502 posts

125 months

Wednesday 18th July 2012
quotequote all
Yep, that's the one, PA11-VOL.

I got mine from eBay. If you buy from a seller in the US, watch you don't get whacked with customs charges - I did.

Works great and as it uses the dock connector and skips the amp in the iPhone/iPod, it sounds much better than a generic adaptor. smile

JG1971

6 posts

61 months

Wednesday 25th July 2012
quotequote all
Hi, i need a towbar fitting to my 2003 S60. Does anyone know if a standard towball interferes with parking sensors? Will i need to opt for a detachable one?
Cheers

y2blade

Original Poster:

56,027 posts

127 months

Wednesday 25th July 2012
quotequote all
Super Slo Mo said:
I've noticed a slight change with my V70 D5, and wondered if anyone else has experienced it, or has any idea what may have caused it:

In short, the car has always been governed/rev limited to 4,500 rpm throughout the 19 or so months I've owned it. It was serviced about 3 weeks ago, not that a service may have much to do with anything, but on Saturday I noticed it was no longer limited to 4,500 (during a 3rd gear overtake).

I had a little play this morning, and it seems to be able to get pretty close to 5,000 rpm now, although I've yet to hit the limit (mechanical sympathy gets the better of me).

Is this normal? I'm wondering if the 4,500 limit was something the ecu imposes if it detects something not quite to spec (perhaps with the oil, or filters).
No idea mate sorry, mine revs freely (and pulls hard) all the way round to 5k.

Stedman

5,935 posts

104 months

Thursday 26th July 2012
quotequote all
Is this thread still going on all about boring diesel Volvos? hehe
Advertisement

Super Slo Mo

4,491 posts

110 months

Thursday 26th July 2012
quotequote all
Stedman said:
Is this thread still going on all about boring diesel Volvos? hehe
'Fraid so. At the moment I'm tooling around our capital in a brand new 3 series (no guesses as to why!), and while it's a nice drive, handles well, is reasonably well built etc, the 2.0d engine is a bag of nails compared to the D5.
Yes, it's a little more punchy than my elderly 163 with 185k on the clock, but it sounds bloody awful when extended, at idle, when starting up. It's also only managing to average 32 mpg, despite being in default 'econo pro' mode, auto stop, etc. Mind you, that's London stop-start for you.

Super Slo Mo

4,491 posts

110 months

Thursday 26th July 2012
quotequote all
y2blade said:
Super Slo Mo said:
I've noticed a slight change with my V70 D5, and wondered if anyone else has experienced it, or has any idea what may have caused it:

In short, the car has always been governed/rev limited to 4,500 rpm throughout the 19 or so months I've owned it. It was serviced about 3 weeks ago, not that a service may have much to do with anything, but on Saturday I noticed it was no longer limited to 4,500 (during a 3rd gear overtake).

I had a little play this morning, and it seems to be able to get pretty close to 5,000 rpm now, although I've yet to hit the limit (mechanical sympathy gets the better of me).

Is this normal? I'm wondering if the 4,500 limit was something the ecu imposes if it detects something not quite to spec (perhaps with the oil, or filters).
No idea mate sorry, mine revs freely (and pulls hard) all the way round to 5k.
That's reassuring, as long as mine isn't revving harder than it should be, that's all I'm concerned about.

y2blade

Original Poster:

56,027 posts

127 months

Friday 27th July 2012
quotequote all
Super Slo Mo said:
y2blade said:
Super Slo Mo said:
I've noticed a slight change with my V70 D5, and wondered if anyone else has experienced it, or has any idea what may have caused it:

In short, the car has always been governed/rev limited to 4,500 rpm throughout the 19 or so months I've owned it. It was serviced about 3 weeks ago, not that a service may have much to do with anything, but on Saturday I noticed it was no longer limited to 4,500 (during a 3rd gear overtake).

I had a little play this morning, and it seems to be able to get pretty close to 5,000 rpm now, although I've yet to hit the limit (mechanical sympathy gets the better of me).

Is this normal? I'm wondering if the 4,500 limit was something the ecu imposes if it detects something not quite to spec (perhaps with the oil, or filters).
No idea mate sorry, mine revs freely (and pulls hard) all the way round to 5k.
That's reassuring, as long as mine isn't revving harder than it should be, that's all I'm concerned about.
smile
As far as I understand it If anything was amiss the ECU would hold it back.

Davie_GLA

3,740 posts

111 months

Friday 27th July 2012
quotequote all
Just to continue my amazement of how frugal this car can be, i'm at the end of the week.

220 miles done and the needle has moved 1/8th of a tank with a displayed 700 miles left to the tank and 49.0 mpg average.

Adjusting for it's optimism it's still 45-45mpg with a mixture of driving.

D.

soprano

1,484 posts

112 months

Tuesday 11th September 2012
quotequote all
Does anyone know how big the fuel tank is on these? I thought they were 70L but I managed to get over 75L worth of fuel in this morning so that can't be right.

Stedman

5,935 posts

104 months

Tuesday 11th September 2012
quotequote all
soprano said:
Does anyone know how big the fuel tank is on these? I thought they were 70L but I managed to get over 75L worth of fuel in this morning so that can't be right.
Reserve tank and the tube that goes down to the fuel tank itself are surely the other ~5L?

soprano

1,484 posts

112 months

Tuesday 11th September 2012
quotequote all
Stedman said:
Reserve tank and the tube that goes down to the fuel tank itself are surely the other ~5L?
I should have said, I still had a bit of fuel in when I filled up, OBC said 25 miles I think and I've previously run it lower than that. I would guess I could get 80 litres in at a push. Surely not 10 litres in reserve tank and tube?

Davie_GLA

3,740 posts

111 months

Tuesday 11th September 2012
quotequote all
You're a braver man than i.

The OBC on my car say 100 miles yet it's well into the red!

soprano

1,484 posts

112 months

Tuesday 11th September 2012
quotequote all
Davie_GLA said:
You're a braver man than i.

The OBC on my car say 100 miles yet it's well into the red!
I'm sure I can do around 180 miles of motorway miles from the point it hits the red to needing filling, the last part of my guage seems to last forever.

I seem to remember one occasion where I did another 25-30 miles after having --- display on my mileage left reading. Not intentional just in a very remote area looking for a station. Felt quite hairy but im sure it had quite a bit left in reality

Davie_GLA

3,740 posts

111 months

Tuesday 11th September 2012
quotequote all
If that's the case i'll do over 800 miles to a tank. I bottle it at anything over 600

soprano

1,484 posts

112 months

Tuesday 11th September 2012
quotequote all
I've cracked 1000 miles to a tank once and know there are others on here that have too. I almost always get over 800 miles to a tank. Almost all motorway driving. This is the 163bhp in manual which I know is a lot more frugal than the 185bhp before I am responsible for you running out of fuel somewhere!

y2blade

Original Poster:

56,027 posts

127 months

Wednesday 12th September 2012
quotequote all
soprano said:
I've cracked 1000 miles to a tank once and know there are others on here that have too. I almost always get over 800 miles to a tank. Almost all motorway driving. This is the 163bhp in manual which I know is a lot more frugal than the 185bhp before I am responsible for you running out of fuel somewhere!
I've done the 1000miles tank too ONCE! (pretty much all of it was sat at 65mph/@2k in top on Cruise, my usual cruising speed/revs) 163bhp Euro3 manual here too cool


Stedman

5,935 posts

104 months

Wednesday 12th September 2012
quotequote all
y2blade said:
soprano said:
I've cracked 1000 miles to a tank once and know there are others on here that have too. I almost always get over 800 miles to a tank. Almost all motorway driving. This is the 163bhp in manual which I know is a lot more frugal than the 185bhp before I am responsible for you running out of fuel somewhere!
I've done the 1000miles tank too ONCE! (pretty much all of it was sat at 65mph/@2k in top on Cruise, my usual cruising speed/revs) 163bhp Euro3 manual here too cool
God I want one.

soprano

1,484 posts

112 months

Wednesday 12th September 2012
quotequote all
Stedman said:
God I want one.
One day if you're lucky.

y2blade

Original Poster:

56,027 posts

127 months

Wednesday 12th September 2012
quotequote all
soprano said:
Stedman said:
God I want one.
One day if you're lucky.
Stedders. I don't think they did the S60 D5 in GAY GOLD!

nono