PistonHeads.com Forum

Pics of your models, please!

Pics of your models, please!

Author
Discussion

fatboy69

6,940 posts

96 months

Tuesday 4th September 2012
quotequote all
SWMBO has decreed that my collection of 1500 or so models has to go. Got to get then valued & sold - anyone know who gives honest valuations these days?


ferrisbueller

17,231 posts

136 months

Tuesday 4th September 2012
quotequote all
fatboy69 said:
SWMBO has decreed that my collection of 1500 or so models has to go. Got to get then valued & sold - anyone know who gives honest valuations these days?
1500?! Cripes.

Completed listings on eBay will give you real world values. With a collection that big it may be worth getting a stall at a collector's/toy fair. Otherwise a trader on eBay with a massive feedback may take the lot off your hands. I feaar your best bet is to break it down into sensible lots.

Plenty of people on here, including myself, would be interested in seeing the list!

fatboy69

6,940 posts

96 months

Tuesday 4th September 2012
quotequote all
ferrisbueller said:
fatboy69 said:
SWMBO has decreed that my collection of 1500 or so models has to go. Got to get then valued & sold - anyone know who gives honest valuations these days?
1500?! Cripes.

Completed listings on eBay will give you real world values. With a collection that big it may be worth getting a stall at a collector's/toy fair. Otherwise a trader on eBay with a massive feedback may take the lot off your hands. I feaar your best bet is to break it down into sensible lots.

Plenty of people on here, including myself, would be interested in seeing the list!
When the list is updated/completed I will send it to you if you want.

trunks82

235 posts

107 months

Wednesday 5th September 2012
quotequote all
steviegunn said:
And yet more









A man after my own heart.quite the collection youve got there.ive collect mainly autoarts,vanguards,minichamps and over a 1000 hotwheels.(dont ask.lol).its my guilty pleasure!

Big Fat Fatty

3,298 posts

65 months

Thursday 6th September 2012
quotequote all
fatboy69 said:
When the list is updated/completed I will send it to you if you want.
I think a few of us would be interested in seeing what you have.
Advertisement

Big Raff

692 posts

80 months

Friday 7th September 2012
quotequote all
Big Fat Fatty said:
I think a few of us would be interested in seeing what you have.
Yup

fatboy69

6,940 posts

96 months

Friday 7th September 2012
quotequote all
Being updated as we speak - collection now boasts 124 of the James Bond Car Collection models (which should have stopped after 100 issues yet is now continuing until at least 135 models have been produced).

It also includes the Champion Rally Car collection that ran too, i think 16 cars, & i have just stumbled across the new Helicopter collection of die cast models that is only available either by subscription or direct from WHSmith.

First one is a cracking model of a Black Hawk - SWMBO hasnt seen that one yet.......

PM your email address's please & once completed i will email you the list of what i have got.

Stew2000

2,776 posts

87 months

Wednesday 12th September 2012
quotequote all
Just had this arrive off fleabay. Fun future project..


evoivboy

597 posts

55 months

Wednesday 12th September 2012
quotequote all

Gareth350

1,556 posts

88 months

Friday 14th September 2012
quotequote all
My modified UG Minichamps Focus RS, stripped down, detailed floorpan, custom made Mountune exhaust, larger slash cut exhaust tips, Mountune side stripes, badges, headlight brows, tax disc holder, 20" BBS LM Y spoke alloys, 22mm front, 18mm rear big brake kit, upgraded to Lux 2 with sat nav, detailed & blinged engine bay, vinyl roof, black sun strip, black bonnet vent & more!










Stew2000

2,776 posts

87 months

Friday 14th September 2012
quotequote all
That is the most awesome thing I've seen all week! biggrin

AMD87

1,903 posts

111 months

Sunday 16th September 2012
quotequote all
Picked up these at leuchars today





Stu G

160 posts

91 months

Monday 17th September 2012
quotequote all
here's my 1:18 collection, all race cars and mainly Group C Type cars







currently boxed away & not on display at the moment







ferrisbueller

17,231 posts

136 months

Monday 17th September 2012
quotequote all
Love it.

fatboy69

6,940 posts

96 months

Monday 17th September 2012
quotequote all
Those fantastic 935K3's - are any of those the 1/18th scale Exotos?

I have been looking at Exoto's for a while now - they are superb as are your cars.

Stu G

160 posts

91 months

Monday 17th September 2012
quotequote all
fatboy69 said:
Those fantastic 935K3's - are any of those the 1/18th scale Exotos?

I have been looking at Exoto's for a while now - they are superb as are your cars.
a mixture of Truescale Miniatures and Exoto. The Momo and Budweiser are both Exoto. The Jagermeister, Apple, Coke and the #42 Italia are TSM.

I've got the Spark 1:18 Moby Dick 935 in transit at the moment, can't wait for it to arrive. As you can probably tell, I'm a big 935 fan smile

fatboy69

6,940 posts

96 months

Monday 17th September 2012
quotequote all
I have a soft spot for the K3's as well - i take I that you get your Exoto's direct from the USA?

Got my eye on an XJR9 LM that they have got on offer a the moment however haven't bought it, yet, solely because I haven't bought anything from the USA & I don't know how it works postage & payment wise.

Have you had any problems with them or is it easy & straight forward?

Stu G

160 posts

91 months

Tuesday 18th September 2012
quotequote all
fatboy69 said:
I have a soft spot for the K3's as well - i take I that you get your Exoto's direct from the USA?

Got my eye on an XJR9 LM that they have got on offer a the moment however haven't bought it, yet, solely because I haven't bought anything from the USA & I don't know how it works postage & payment wise.

Have you had any problems with them or is it easy & straight forward?
I've never actually bought any of my Exoto cars from Exoto themselves. I usually pick them up from ebay from dealers in europe, costing a lot less than buying from Exoto and also missing out on Import Taxes as well.

Evangelion

3,661 posts

87 months

Tuesday 18th September 2012
quotequote all
Over 200 Exoto on eBay at the moment, 75% of which are 1:18 scale.

fatboy69

6,940 posts

96 months

Tuesday 18th September 2012
quotequote all
So if i spent, let's say $200 direct with Exoto, what would the Import Duty amount too & when would I charged this? Would I be expected to pay this before the models were released to me?

Maybe EBay is the way to go assuming I can find what I want.