PistonHeads.com Forum

England's Summer test matches, 2012

England's Summer test matches, 2012

Author
Discussion

Iceman82

1,309 posts

144 months

Friday 18th May 2012
quotequote all
hornetrider said:
OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
WHAT?! WHAT'S HAPPENED! MY TMS FEED HAS CRASHED!!

hornetrider

59,083 posts

113 months

Friday 18th May 2012
quotequote all
Iceman82 said:
hornetrider said:
OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
WHAT?! WHAT'S HAPPENED! MY TMS FEED HAS CRASHED!!
Strauss edged a dolly to 1st slip and was dropped... and it was a NB.

Podie

43,492 posts

183 months

Friday 18th May 2012
quotequote all
hornetrider said:
Iceman82 said:
hornetrider said:
OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
WHAT?! WHAT'S HAPPENED! MY TMS FEED HAS CRASHED!!
Strauss edged a dolly to 1st slip and was dropped... and it was a NB.
Good work by the scriptwriters... hehe

Iceman82

1,309 posts

144 months

Friday 18th May 2012
quotequote all
hornetrider said:
Strauss edged a dolly to 1st slip and was dropped... and it was a NB.
Thanks Hornet smile It seems that when the BBC say they will give "Live Updates" they don't actually mean that at all...

hornetrider

59,083 posts

113 months

Friday 18th May 2012
quotequote all
Trott gone - come on KP, time to liven things up a bit.
Advertisement

Iceman82

1,309 posts

144 months

Friday 18th May 2012
quotequote all
hornetrider said:
Trott gone - come on KP, time to liven things up a bit.
Could you just describe what's happening on here for me? That way I will actually know what's going on at the time, rather than 5 minutes late...

spikeyhead

Original Poster:

10,143 posts

105 months

Friday 18th May 2012
quotequote all
hornetrider said:
Trott gone - come on KP, time to liven things up a bit.
The fact that the foundations have been built, and built well enough that we're less than 50 behind, and that the WIndies bowlers will be most of the way to worn out works hugely in KP and the subsequent batsmen's favour.

It'll be good to get the scoreboard accelerating a little faster but there's no rush.

juice

3,958 posts

190 months

Friday 18th May 2012
quotequote all
100 up for Strauss - well played clap

mantis84

1,305 posts

71 months

Friday 18th May 2012
quotequote all
juice said:
100 up for Strauss - well played clap
clap

Well done that man.

Vocal Minority

5,818 posts

60 months

Friday 18th May 2012
quotequote all
IPL is for big strike rates.

This is like chess.

You complain Trott is boring, but what he has done is with STrauss taken the game away from the Windies.


Podie

43,492 posts

183 months

Friday 18th May 2012
quotequote all
KP seems to want to crack on...

Get Karter

1,814 posts

109 months

Friday 18th May 2012
quotequote all
mantis84 said:
juice said:
100 up for Strauss - well played clap
clap

Well done that man.
Disaster for the media.

spikeyhead

Original Poster:

10,143 posts

105 months

Friday 18th May 2012
quotequote all
Boycs is in classic form on R4

"Bell!! he can't pick his nose, let alone pick Ajmal"

"Do I understand the shipping forecast? Listen, Fish don't bat and I don't go near the sea and that's the way it'll stay"

spikeyhead

Original Poster:

10,143 posts

105 months

Friday 18th May 2012
quotequote all
We're in the lead but KPs gone.

Ideal opportunity for Bell to reassert his right to a place in the team

Vocal Minority

5,818 posts

60 months

Friday 18th May 2012
quotequote all
Trouble with Bell is in form he is sublime. Out of form he can't buy a run. There's no middle

Gargamel

8,950 posts

169 months

Friday 18th May 2012
quotequote all
spikeyhead said:
Boycs is in classic form on R4

"Bell!! he can't pick his nose, let alone pick Ajmal"

"Do I understand the shipping forecast? Listen, Fish don't bat and I don't go near the sea and that's the way it'll stay"
Yep I heard those, good lad.

DJRC

23,563 posts

144 months

Friday 18th May 2012
quotequote all
Happy as hell that Skip has proven me wrong smile

spikeyhead

Original Poster:

10,143 posts

105 months

Friday 18th May 2012
quotequote all
DJRC said:
Happy as hell that Skip has proven me wrong smile
I suspect he'll carry on doing well through the summer and the whole teams confidence will grow against the WIndies. Let's hope that carries on against the Saffers and into the winter.

Well done to Straiss. I'm looking forwards to seeing what Baistow does tomorrow and through the rest of the series.

I said yesterday that we'd have a first innings lead of 200. I'd now like to extend that to 280 and an innings win unless the rain gods are against us.

Gargamel

8,950 posts

169 months

Saturday 19th May 2012
quotequote all
Vocal Minority said:
IPL is for big strike rates.

This is like chess.

You complain Trott is boring, but what he has done is with STrauss (very very slowly) taken the game away from the Windies.
ETA

Fair enough 58 runs in the book the Mr consistency tag is intact, my point is it is dull. I want 4 an over S/R and I want them in all conditions and match situations regardless. wink

DJRC

23,563 posts

144 months

Saturday 19th May 2012
quotequote all
Im not biting :P