Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
Reply to Topic
Author Discussion

Alfanatic

Original Poster:

6,520 posts

103 months

[news] 
Wednesday 7th March 2012 quote quote all
Just a heads up vir die mense in the Berkshire area who miss Nando's. There's one open in Wokingham now. I haven't tried it yet but will be soon lick

Pints

15,946 posts

78 months

[news] 
Thursday 8th March 2012 quote quote all
I haven't had a Nandos in years but, as much as I dig a hot chick, can't say it bothers me much.

On the other hand, if they opened a Spur here in the South West...

bobskii

13,726 posts

93 months

[news] 
Thursday 8th March 2012 quote quote all
Wow.

Since when was there a South Africa forum?

Hello from Ellisras.

wavey

(Had some proper Peri Peri the other night...)

smile

Pints

15,946 posts

78 months

[news] 
Thursday 8th March 2012 quote quote all
bobskii said:
Wow.

Since when was there a South Africa forum?

Hello from Ellisras.

wavey

(Had some proper Peri Peri the other night...)

smile
64 months and you only find this out now? For shame! wink

No wonder this place sees less action than a nunnery.

bobskii

13,726 posts

93 months

[news] 
Thursday 8th March 2012 quote quote all
Pints said:
64 months and you only find this out now? For shame! wink

No wonder this place sees less action than a nunnery.
To be honest, I've only been here a few months.

It is a bit quite round these parts, I only know of one other PHer down here!

smile


Advertisement

Alfanatic

Original Poster:

6,520 posts

103 months

[news] 
Thursday 8th March 2012 quote quote all
Pints said:
I haven't had a Nandos in years but, as much as I dig a hot chick, can't say it bothers me much.

On the other hand, if they opened a Spur here in the South West...
Yeah they need a Spur out this way too. There are two in London I think. One at the O2. But that's a long way to go from the South West to get a beefburger, and the last Spur I had (Kenton-On-Sea.... I think, or the next town east, Eastern Cape, Dec 11) was cardboard with Spur sauce on it.

Alfanatic

Original Poster:

6,520 posts

103 months

[news] 
Thursday 8th March 2012 quote quote all
Alfanatic said:
Pints said:
I haven't had a Nandos in years but, as much as I dig a hot chick, can't say it bothers me much.

On the other hand, if they opened a Spur here in the South West...
Yeah they need a Spur out this way too. There are two in London I think. One at the O2. But that's a long way to go from the South West to get a beefburger, and the last Spur I had (Kenton-On-Sea.... I think, or the next town east, Eastern Cape, Dec 11) was cardboard with Spur sauce on it.
P.S. Welcome to the SA forums, Bobskii! This is a great place to hang out if you want some quiet time, or you're waiting for your internet connection to get fixed wink

bobskii

13,726 posts

93 months

[news] 
Thursday 8th March 2012 quote quote all
Alfanatic said:
P.S. Welcome to the SA forums, Bobskii! This is a great place to hang out if you want some quiet time, or you're waiting for your internet connection to get fixed wink
Cheers!

I've noticed the internet connection is somewhat hit and miss in these parts, especially out in the Bushveld. Makes for frustrating PHing!

smile

Pints

15,946 posts

78 months

[news] 
Thursday 8th March 2012 quote quote all
Alfanatic said:
P.S. Welcome to the SA forums, Bobskii! This is a great place to hang out if you want some quiet time, or you're waiting for your internet connection to get fixed wink
hehe

Funny 'cos it's true.

JonnyFive

27,656 posts

73 months

[news] 
Thursday 8th March 2012 quote quote all
A friend of mine eats ALOT of Nandos, said this one was pretty terrible?

Alfanatic

Original Poster:

6,520 posts

103 months

[news] 
Monday 9th April 2012 quote quote all
We've given it a try now. The chicken was a bit stringy in places and it's been many years since I had Nando's in South Africa, but it seemed a reasonable facsimile to my memory and I found it to be a decent meal.

I think I would have been disappointed with it in SA, but it's good enough for a nostalgic taste of home and I will be going back.

Pints

15,946 posts

78 months

[news] 
Monday 9th April 2012 quote quote all
When I lived in London, I frequented the Nando's in Clapham Junction on a regular basis.
Was always very happy with the food. Certainly a taste away from home.

HereBeMonsters

12,965 posts

66 months

[news] 
Monday 9th April 2012 quote quote all
There was a Spur in Basingrad for a while - same good cheap food, same great service - but it closed and is now a La Tasca.

FleshMechanic

2,784 posts

60 months

[news] 
Saturday 26th May 2012 quote quote all

Nandos plan to double the number of restaurants in the UK over the next 5 years, so soon you wont have to travel far to get it. wink


green944

138 posts

30 months

[news] 
Thursday 31st May 2012 quote quote all
Pints said:
I haven't had a Nandos in years but, as much as I dig a hot chick, can't say it bothers me much.

On the other hand, if they opened a Spur here in the South West...
A spur would be amazing...I so miss going to a steakhouse. Anyone remember the "longhorn" steakhouses? Best steaks,onion rings and chips ever and burgerlick

Alfanatic

Original Poster:

6,520 posts

103 months

[news] 
Thursday 31st May 2012 quote quote all
Oh yeah, the longhorns were great! And Steers burgers and Black Steer ribs too. Mmmmm!

Pints

15,946 posts

78 months

[news] 
Friday 1st June 2012 quote quote all
I'm either too old, too young or too forgetful but I don't remember Longhorns.
Where were they?

Alfanatic

Original Poster:

6,520 posts

103 months

[news] 
Friday 1st June 2012 quote quote all
Was it a Longhorn Steer or a Longhorn Spur? There were a couple around Joeys, there was one close to me out on the East Rand, behind the Boerewors Curtain
Reply to Topic