Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
2 3 4
Reply to Topic
Author Discussion

vwsurfbum

Original Poster:

278 posts

96 months

[news] 
Wednesday 11th July 2012 quote quote all
Long shot i know, but has anyone got one that they want to sell?

Now using the Porker as a daily driver and rather than nicking my Leon Fr back off the wife every time i want to go somewhere with the bike, want to get one of the rear mounted ones?

Cheeps peeps.

PHmember

2,174 posts

56 months

[news] 
Thursday 12th July 2012 quote quote all
I can get my mtb & road bike in the Boxster without using a rack (not at the same time). Wheels in the front 'boot', seat & seat pin off & slide the frame into the passenger seat footwell. Get some funny looks taking it all out & putting it together though.

Edited by PHmember on Thursday 12th July 00:40

vwsurfbum

Original Poster:

278 posts

96 months

[news] 
Thursday 12th July 2012 quote quote all
cheers for the reply, I can do that but i ride a 29er and almost never alone, and never do i come back not muddy!
this weekend i'm riding local so will ride to and from the venue, but some races and rides will need me to pick up buddies and bikes.

daz3210

5,000 posts

125 months

[news] 
Thursday 12th July 2012 quote quote all
I used to drive a BMW Z3.

Bought a standard boot/hatchback bike rack which fitted perfectly, but had the bikes a little flatter than you would expect on a hatch. It had the added advantage of sitting the bikes well above the number plate and lights.

LBS will probably be able to advise.

vwsurfbum

Original Poster:

278 posts

96 months

[news] 
Thursday 12th July 2012 quote quote all
nice one, i have one of those in a mates shed, has been there for years, i'll go and nab it back and try it?
forgot all about it until now.
Advertisement

daz3210

5,000 posts

125 months

[news] 
Thursday 12th July 2012 quote quote all
vwsurfbum said:
nice one, i have one of those in a mates shed, has been there for years, i'll go and nab it back and try it?
forgot all about it until now.
Only warning I will give is make sure that everything is clean where the pads drop onto paint. I didn't once and it scuffed the paint slightly.

vwsurfbum

Original Poster:

278 posts

96 months

[news] 
Thursday 12th July 2012 quote quote all
just popped down to see my mate, he's let his garage out to a mate who has moved out of his house and filled his garage with his stuff! Grr.
Might pop to Evans over the weekend to see what theyve got?

daz3210

5,000 posts

125 months

[news] 
Thursday 12th July 2012 quote quote all

Magic919

9,239 posts

86 months

[news] 
Thursday 12th July 2012 quote quote all
Get the roof rack.

daz3210

5,000 posts

125 months

[news] 
Thursday 12th July 2012 quote quote all
Can you get a roof rack for a boxster?

vwsurfbum

Original Poster:

278 posts

96 months

[news] 
Thursday 12th July 2012 quote quote all
like this but not too keen over the top of the canvass
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261044754681?ssPageName=...

ndg

309 posts

122 months

[news] 
Thursday 12th July 2012 quote quote all
daz3210 said:
Can you get a roof rack for a boxster?
I've seen it in a brochure. It's a work of art in alloy, but was about 1100 quid I think!

donfisher

601 posts

51 months

[news] 
Thursday 12th July 2012 quote quote all
That is actually pretty cool:


daz3210

5,000 posts

125 months

[news] 
Thursday 12th July 2012 quote quote all
That has set me wondering if you could get something similar for a Lotus Elise

vwsurfbum

Original Poster:

278 posts

96 months

[news] 
Thursday 12th July 2012 quote quote all
vwsurfbum said:
like this but not too keen over the top of the canvass
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261044754681?ssPageName=...
made an offer on this one, if i dont like it i suppose i can still carry on looking?

vwsurfbum

Original Poster:

278 posts

96 months

[news] 
Thursday 12th July 2012 quote quote all
vwsurfbum said:
made an offer on this one, if i dont like it i suppose i can still carry on looking?
got it for £60, not too sad, i have the carriers off my leon, so see how it goes?

PHmember

2,174 posts

56 months

[news] 
Friday 13th July 2012 quote quote all
Might be worth remembering to make sure that the spoiler is free from any obstruction when the rack is on the back as well.

AyBee

6,140 posts

87 months

[news] 
Friday 13th July 2012 quote quote all
daz3210 said:
That has set me wondering if you could get something similar for a Lotus Elise
I've spent a while searching for Lotus Elise options and there don't appear to be any - unless you've got an S1? I was looking at buying an S2 but apparently the rear clam is too thin to properly support a bike attached to the boot rack frown

daz3210

5,000 posts

125 months

[news] 
Friday 13th July 2012 quote quote all
AyBee said:
I've spent a while searching for Lotus Elise options and there don't appear to be any - unless you've got an S1? I was looking at buying an S2 but apparently the rear clam is too thin to properly support a bike attached to the boot rack frown
I don't think there is a rack for the S2 boot either. Perhaps that is why.



AyBee

6,140 posts

87 months

[news] 
Friday 13th July 2012 quote quote all
daz3210 said:
AyBee said:
I've spent a while searching for Lotus Elise options and there don't appear to be any - unless you've got an S1? I was looking at buying an S2 but apparently the rear clam is too thin to properly support a bike attached to the boot rack frown
I don't think there is a rack for the S2 boot either. Perhaps that is why.
There's one on Elise parts. I've wondered whether wheels in the car and frame in a bag on the rack would work?
2 3 4
Reply to Topic