Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
2
Reply to Topic
Author Discussion

superkartracer

Original Poster:

7,261 posts

105 months

[news] 
Friday 5th October 2012 quote quote all
Afternoon

Anyone here use one of these? if so just wondering what torque setting you are running rear bolts so side action.

Cheers

S

Catchme

123 posts

96 months

[news] 
Saturday 6th October 2012 quote quote all
Bit early in the year to be on the turbo... ;-)

Depends how much rocking and rolling you want to do - mines on about 32 lbft and I get about 10cm of lateral movement, with a pretty high resistance. Try notching back from there (quarter turn at a time) to get the movement you want, at the resistance you want.

Johnny

6,211 posts

167 months

[news] 
Saturday 6th October 2012 quote quote all
Nope, but it's at the top of my list should I be buying trainer...

How do those that have one find it?

superkartracer

Original Poster:

7,261 posts

105 months

[news] 
Friday 19th October 2012 quote quote all
Well after a good few sessions and setting the torque correct i can confirm these are cracking turbos, 100% recommend.

Rocksteadyeddie

7,419 posts

110 months

[news] 
Friday 19th October 2012 quote quote all
They're brilliant. For me it is not so much the side-to-side movement that is the real benefit - nice though it is - but the "bounce" in them. Makes them so much more comfortable and usable over time. As for torque setting I have mine done up "quite tight" with a "really big spanner".
Advertisement

okgo

22,822 posts

81 months

[news] 
Saturday 20th October 2012 quote quote all
Using a road machine, the bigger vibrates too much to use indoors especially with the pro flywheel so I'm using mine on the patio outside. Judging how hot I got doing 2x20 min today it's probably wise!

Solid bit of kit tho.

superkartracer

Original Poster:

7,261 posts

105 months

[news] 
Saturday 20th October 2012 quote quote all
Rocksteadyeddie said:
As for torque setting I have mine done up "quite tight" with a "really big spanner".
Seeing as it cost £450 with the Pro wheel thought i'd set-up correct so 35lb torque using a *really big spanner with torque setting* hehe

Cracking kit tho

superkartracer

Original Poster:

7,261 posts

105 months

[news] 
Saturday 20th October 2012 quote quote all
okgo said:
Using a road machine, the bigger vibrates too much to use indoors especially with the pro flywheel so I'm using mine on the patio outside. Judging how hot I got doing 2x20 min today it's probably wise!

Solid bit of kit tho.
You tried rubber matting OKGO?, stopped this for me beer

okgo

22,822 posts

81 months

[news] 
Saturday 20th October 2012 quote quote all
What sort of rubber matting did you use? I live in a flat so have to be careful about noise.

superkartracer

Original Poster:

7,261 posts

105 months

[news] 
Saturday 20th October 2012 quote quote all
Looked at the Kurt mat but £70 is taking piss so went to Argos and grabbed the interlocking rubber stuff in the sports section £10 i think, worked brill!. Also makes machine far more stable.

Rolls

1,224 posts

60 months

[news] 
Saturday 20th October 2012 quote quote all
okgo said:
What sort of rubber matting did you use? I live in a flat so have to be careful about noise.
I've got the cycleops mat for mine (only a cycleops trainer though) - only because it came with the machine, but seems to do a good job of - catching the sweat, and damping down the noise!

Rocksteadyeddie

7,419 posts

110 months

[news] 
Sunday 21st October 2012 quote quote all
superkartracer said:
Looked at the Kurt mat but £70 is taking piss so went to Argos and grabbed the interlocking rubber stuff in the sports section £10 i think, worked brill!. Also makes machine far more stable.
I did this too. Helps a lot. Of course you have the cheap version Okgo so there is no additional damping through the rock and roll mechanism wink

Rocksteadyeddie

7,419 posts

110 months

[news] 
Sunday 21st October 2012 quote quote all
superkartracer said:
Rocksteadyeddie said:
As for torque setting I have mine done up "quite tight" with a "really big spanner".
Seeing as it cost £450 with the Pro wheel thought i'd set-up correct so 35lb torque using a *really big spanner with torque setting* hehe

Cracking kit tho
I have to confess to not feeling a load of difference irrespective of how tight the bolts are done up tbh.

superkartracer

Original Poster:

7,261 posts

105 months

[news] 
Thursday 25th October 2012 quote quote all
Well try putting 35lb torque on the nuts it makes a huge difference and i had to get someone to hold the dam thing down to apply that force!.

I've got a Planet X Exocet 2 strapped to mine, i purchased that purely for this turbo and won't be using it on the roads, power wise i've got a Zipp 808 PowerTap wheel so makes a cracking training rig.

okgo

22,822 posts

81 months

[news] 
Thursday 25th October 2012 quote quote all
Which part are you talking about in terms of applying this torque?

Does the poor mans version have this?

IroningMan

7,103 posts

129 months

[news] 
Thursday 25th October 2012 quote quote all
okgo said:
Which part are you talking about in terms of applying this torque?

Does the poor mans version have this?
It's the bolt that pre-tensions the elastomer bushes that flex to give the rock'n'roll motion.

The poverty-spec Road Machine doesn't have it - all we have to worry about is conistent coast-down for each session.

I get no vibrations from mine on a stone floor - even without a rubber mat.

okgo

22,822 posts

81 months

[news] 
Thursday 25th October 2012 quote quote all
I don't care about vibrations outside, which is where I am using it currently, neighbours think I'm mental, I was in the back garden at 10pm on Tuesday, steaming away with no top on wink

I've bought a turbo tyre and a mat, get it Monday so will see if that makes it suitable for indoor use.

IroningMan

7,103 posts

129 months

[news] 
Thursday 25th October 2012 quote quote all
Oi! Nutter!

superkartracer

Original Poster:

7,261 posts

105 months

[news] 
Thursday 25th October 2012 quote quote all
I train on mine in a centrally heated room, coach said was insane hehe

Rolls

1,224 posts

60 months

[news] 
Thursday 25th October 2012 quote quote all
superkartracer said:
I train on mine in a centrally heated room, coach said was insane hehe
Sod that.. - do mine in the living room.. - On sunday morning, all of the windows downstairs were steamed up by the time I'd finished!

2
Reply to Topic