Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
2 3
Reply to Topic
Author Discussion

steedy27

Original Poster:

546 posts

76 months

[news] 
Sunday 1st April 2012 quote quote all
Just looked quickly to see if they had released the whole 2012 calender was up and it is, anybody got plans to go sometime this year?.

Think will be going 12th & 13th May and again around mid October/November.

Cant wait!

MsportDays

9 posts

30 months

[news] 
Tuesday 3rd April 2012 quote quote all
I haven't been for a while but racing in July at the Ring but fancied a go on the Nordschliefe. Have you been on that recently?

mmm-five

6,295 posts

170 months

[news] 
Tuesday 3rd April 2012 quote quote all
We're heading out on the 6am ferry on the 11th and coming back late on the 14th.

Hotels seemed particularly busy this year, and our normal hotel is full of Japanese guests.

steedy27

Original Poster:

546 posts

76 months

[news] 
Tuesday 3rd April 2012 quote quote all
MsportDays said:
I haven't been for a while but racing in July at the Ring but fancied a go on the Nordschliefe. Have you been on that recently?
Went for my first time last year and did a few laps with a friend and loved every second!. We were also very lucky as it was quite quiet for the Saturday and half of Sunday!. Was Ideal for the first time.


mmm-five said:
We're heading out on the 6am ferry on the 11th and coming back late on the 14th.

Hotels seemed particularly busy this year, and our normal hotel is full of Japanese guests.
Yeh all the normal hotels are full when we last looked - I think there is racing on the Friday at the GP circuit! which may make it more busier than usual

MsportDays

9 posts

30 months

[news] 
Tuesday 3rd April 2012 quote quote all
I went many years ago in a SLK but considering going in my Caterham this time but not sure. Not the best track for runoff from memory.

But the I have never done the Ring and looking forward to racing there. I'm just practising on my PS3 at the moment. How Sad....

Advertisement

mmm-five

6,295 posts

170 months

[news] 
Tuesday 3rd April 2012 quote quote all
MsportDays said:
I went many years ago in a SLK but considering going in my Caterham this time but not sure. Not the best track for runoff from memory.
It's quite simple...just stay on the black/grey stuff and you don't have to worry about lack of run-off getmecoat

Srlister

5 posts

30 months

[news] 
Monday 23rd April 2012 quote quote all
Hi All,

I'm going to the Nurburgring on 11th - 12th of may 2012 too..
Not sure if anyone is interested or not, but...
I have a ring taxi booked for the 12th @ 10am with a spare (rear) seat, if any one fancies taking it for a third of the cost, approx £65? New M5 560bhp... smile

griff7

427 posts

51 months

[news] 
Wednesday 25th April 2012 quote quote all
I will be there on 12th and 13th of may and at the end of may and then july and september in between racing here.Have to get the laps in as have a year pass again this year,but if you go quite often you soon get your money back.

Andy

griff7

427 posts

51 months

[news] 
Wednesday 25th April 2012 quote quote all
Srlister said:
Hi All,

I'm going to the Nurburgring on 11th - 12th of may 2012 too..
Not sure if anyone is interested or not, but...
I have a ring taxi booked for the 12th @ 10am with a spare (rear) seat, if any one fancies taking it for a third of the cost, approx £65? New M5 560bhp... smile
You will enjoy the taxi as the new m5's are quick now.Hope it will be dry as the april bank holiday was very cold and mostly wet.If you see me in the paddock come over and say hi and if i have time i will take you for a lap a little faster than the taxi smile

Andy

Murray993

1,505 posts

119 months

[news] 
Wednesday 25th April 2012 quote quote all
who are you booking with for the 10/11 May?

tertius

4,917 posts

116 months

[news] 
Wednesday 25th April 2012 quote quote all
Murray993 said:
who are you booking with for the 10/11 May?
Think most posters have mentioned 12/13 when it is open for TF.

jvr

645 posts

133 months

[news] 
Thursday 26th April 2012 quote quote all
I'm going over the bank holiday,ie sat 5th till tues 8th,anyone else?
P

Srlister

5 posts

30 months

[news] 
Thursday 26th April 2012 quote quote all
griff7 said:
You will enjoy the taxi as the new m5's are quick now.Hope it will be dry as the april bank holiday was very cold and mostly wet.If you see me in the paddock come over and say hi and if i have time i will take you for a lap a little faster than the taxi smile

Andy
Thanks for the offer Andy! Which car are taking? (I'd pay the lap fee for a passager ride..)
It's my first time at the ring, far too excited already smile

We're renting a Stage 2 swift for the friday evening, so I hope it will be dry too.

griff7

427 posts

51 months

[news] 
Thursday 26th April 2012 quote quote all
Srlister said:
Thanks for the offer Andy! Which car are taking? (I'd pay the lap fee for a passager ride..)
It's my first time at the ring, far too excited already smile

We're renting a Stage 2 swift for the friday evening, so I hope it will be dry too.
Im taking my e92 m3 as pictured on my profile.It has uprated brakes, suspension, wheels, tyres etc and is good fun.i keep the car over there and fly over now,but if the weather gives a lot of rain then i will not be going as i am going again 2 weeks later.Dont worry about the money as im going round anyway smile.If it is wet on the friday when you hire the car just really take your time as it can be unbelievably slippery in places and there really is not a lot of room for errors.

Andy

griff7

427 posts

51 months

[news] 
Thursday 26th April 2012 quote quote all
Srlister said:
Thanks for the offer Andy! Which car are taking? (I'd pay the lap fee for a passager ride..)
It's my first time at the ring, far too excited already smile

We're renting a Stage 2 swift for the friday evening, so I hope it will be dry too.
Im taking my e92 m3 as pictured on my profile.It has uprated brakes, suspension, wheels, tyres etc and is good fun.i keep the car over there and fly over now,but if the weather gives a lot of rain then i will not be going as i am going again 2 weeks later.Dont worry about the money as im going round anyway smile.If it is wet on the friday when you hire the car just really take your time as it can be unbelievably slippery in places and there really is not a lot of room for errors.

Andy

steedy27

Original Poster:

546 posts

76 months

[news] 
Thursday 26th April 2012 quote quote all
Good to see couple of PH'ers going around 11/12, Will going around in my Grey Fiat Grande Punto and my friends Citroen C2 VTS so do say Hi if you see us between laps smile

Srlister

5 posts

30 months

[news] 
Thursday 26th April 2012 quote quote all
Yer, I hope it will be a good + dry!

Andy, your M3 sounds like a beast, hope you can make it / give me a ride smile.
mmm, modded M3 @ the ring… sounds like you’re living my car dreams.. :/

I’ve been watching Dales videos on the ‘wet line’ and It looks incredibly slippery and unpredictable..
Keep telling myself to take it easy, either way, last thing I want is a €2500+ error to ruin my day.

I’m taking our Black Civic GT 2.2 cdti, with 18” grey alloys Reg plate F6 DAY, we’ll be the ‘NOOBs’, excited, but not quite sure what to do smile, so please say hello.
Can anyone recommend good places to eat / drink on an evening?


Edited by Srlister on Thursday 26th April 17:11

griff7

427 posts

51 months

[news] 
Thursday 26th April 2012 quote quote all
Srlister said:
Yer, I hope it will be a good + dry!

Andy, your M3 sounds like a beast, hope you can make it / give me a ride smile.
mmm, modded M3 @ the ring… sounds like you’re living my car dreams.. :/

I’ve been watching Dales videos on the ‘wet line’ and It look incredibly slippery and unpredictable..
Keep telling myself to take it easy, either way, last thing I want is a €2500+ error to ruin my day.

I’m taking our Black Civic GT 2.2 cdti, with 18” grey alloys Reg plate F6 DAY, we’ll the ‘NOOBs’ excited, but not quite sure what to do smile, so please say hello.
Can anyone recommend good places to eat / drink on an evening?
The paddock is nice for lunch which is just up the road and you can eat outside if the weather is nice.The Pistenklause restaurant is a must for a meal but friday and saturday nights are busy and the service can be very slow if it is,so sunday night is sometimes better or book it in advance.It is the restaurant that Sabine Shmitz family own and it is covered in photos and signatures of famous racing drivers and the odd bits off cars hanging around.Adenau is very close and has lots of places to eat and some nice cafes to sit outside if the weather is nice.In the Pistenklause at night the guy from frozen speed photography is there and if you give him your reg no he will find all the pics of your car he has taken and then you can buy a few off him to remind you of the trip !!

steedy27

Original Poster:

546 posts

76 months

[news] 
Thursday 26th April 2012 quote quote all
Srlister said:
Yer, I hope it will be a good + dry!

Andy, your M3 sounds like a beast, hope you can make it / give me a ride smile.
mmm, modded M3 @ the ring… sounds like you’re living my car dreams.. :/

I’ve been watching Dales videos on the ‘wet line’ and It looks incredibly slippery and unpredictable..
Keep telling myself to take it easy, either way, last thing I want is a €2500+ error to ruin my day.

I’m taking our Black Civic GT 2.2 cdti, with 18” grey alloys Reg plate F6 DAY, we’ll be the ‘NOOBs’, excited, but not quite sure what to do smile, so please say hello.
Can anyone recommend good places to eat / drink on an evening?


Edited by Srlister on Thursday 26th April 17:11
Snap, last time I went it was wet in places in the morning, just means you need to be extra careful and judge the roads. There is a pizza place in Adenau that serves amazing pizzas and should be there Saturday night

griff7

427 posts

51 months

[news] 
Thursday 26th April 2012 quote quote all
steedy27 said:
Snap, last time I went it was wet in places in the morning, just means you need to be extra careful and judge the roads. There is a pizza place in Adenau that serves amazing pizzas and should be there Saturday night
Yes pinocchio's is superb and the pizzas are huge and it is very reasonable but it can also get very busy on friday and saturday nights.
2 3
Reply to Topic