Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
1 2 ... 5 6
8 9 ... 16 17
Reply to Topic
Author Discussion

fatboy18

9,954 posts

94 months

[news] 
Wednesday 3rd October 2012 quote quote all
Not sure if this is the place to ask, But is there any more news on the Nurburgring going bankrupt? This was news in late July but have there been any updates?

agtlaw

2,757 posts

89 months

[news] 
Wednesday 3rd October 2012 quote quote all
The state owned company is bankrupt. Liquidators have been appointed. Rhineland Governor Kurt Beck, who was ultimately responsible for the hundreds of millions of wasted Euros, resigned last week. The state owned bank, which lent the money for the investment, is in need of a "bail out". The EU is investigating the illegal State Aid given to the nurburgring and may require the money to be repaid (to the state bank) but that isn't going to happen because there is no money in the coffers. Meanwhile the contract with the privately owned operating company has been terminated although there is an ongoing legal dispute about that and they are still running everything. A fraud trial starts on 16th October. Six defendants! Complete fking shambles. Enjoy it while you can because somewhere in the Eifel there's a man with a tin of Dulux waiting for the call to start painting a broken white line along the middle of the new nordschleife road.

Edited by agtlaw on Wednesday 3rd October 22:11

terenceb

548 posts

54 months

[news] 
Thursday 4th October 2012 quote quote all
It will never happenhttp://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/imgs/4.gif

Porkie

2,335 posts

124 months

[news] 
Thursday 4th October 2012 quote quote all
Weathers looking rubbish now. GUTTED frown

mrpbailey

523 posts

69 months

[news] 
Thursday 4th October 2012 quote quote all
noddynitro said:
I think there may be a couple of spare places up for grabs.......
Yep, I got one of the spare places on Monday thumbup
Heading over to the ring Saturday evening.
Advertisement

agtlaw

2,757 posts

89 months

[news] 
Thursday 4th October 2012 quote quote all
terenceb said:
It will never happen
That's what they said about Brooklands, Reims, Avus, Montlhéry, and the Nurburgring Sudschleife. wink

LindsayMac

314 posts

85 months

[news] 
Thursday 4th October 2012 quote quote all
Porkie said:
Weathers looking rubbish now. GUTTED frown
Yip, now the proud owner of 3 sets of tyres, 1 new set Cup, set PS2 with less than 1000 mile and now just purchased a set of Michelin Super Sports for this trip.

7 TVR

2,401 posts

51 months

[news] 
Thursday 4th October 2012 quote quote all
Hopefully the weather holds out although unlikely to be as good as last year! mid 80's
Not taking any chances though and bringing the wets aswell smile

ukkid35

2,166 posts

56 months

[news] 
Thursday 4th October 2012 quote quote all
agtlaw said:
The state owned company is bankrupt. Liquidators have been appointed. Rhineland Governor Kurt Beck, who was ultimately responsible for the hundreds of millions of wasted Euros, resigned last week. The state owned bank, which lent the money for the investment, is in need of a "bail out". The EU is investigating the illegal State Aid given to the nurburgring and may require the money to be repaid (to the state bank) but that isn't going to happen because there is no money in the coffers. Meanwhile the contract with the privately owned operating company has been terminated although there is an ongoing legal dispute about that and they are still running everything. A fraud trial starts on 16th October. Six defendants! Complete fking shambles. Enjoy it while you can because somewhere in the Eifel there's a man with a tin of Dulux waiting for the call to start painting a broken white line along the middle of the new nordschleife road.

Edited by agtlaw on Wednesday 3rd October 22:11
Personally I don't think it matters (to the TF/trackday driver), it's a bit like the Channel Tunnel, as long as there's an operating profit it will carry on regardless despite the massive capital loss.

krallicious

2,780 posts

88 months

[news] 
Thursday 4th October 2012 quote quote all
Porkie said:
Weathers looking rubbish now. GUTTED frown
It's pissing it down in Frankfurt but the Deutsche Wetterdienst is now reporting sun and cloud on Sunday, a mixed bag for Monday. Its predictions have been changing up to 3 times a day for the past week so we may have luck like we had for DN4. The forcasts were for rain all day and we had a couple of 2 minute showers interspersed with blue skies!

As atglaw has promised to bring a lamb, I think that we should be OK weatherwise.......


agtlaw

2,757 posts

89 months

[news] 
Thursday 4th October 2012 quote quote all
ukkid35 said:
Personally I don't think it matters (to the TF/trackday driver), it's a bit like the Channel Tunnel, as long as there's an operating profit it will carry on regardless despite the massive capital loss.
the Nurburgring hasn't made a profit for many many years. This is part of the reason that the new development was built - to extend the tourist season for longer than the six months p.a. when there isn't three feet of snow on the ground. The politicians decided that a rollercoaster, a covered boulevard of shops, some chain type bars and a couple of hotels would be a huge magnet for tourists in the winter. No private investor was interested, or their interest was fleeting, so the state financed it. Absolutely absurd but Germany has something of a history of electing idiot politicians with grand ideas.

In other news, the sacrificial lamb's entrails are dark; which means it'll rain every day, so abandon all hope of driving on cup tyres.

krallicious

2,780 posts

88 months

[news] 
Thursday 4th October 2012 quote quote all
agtlaw said:
In other news, the sacrificial lamb's entrails are dark; which means it'll rain every day, so abandon all hope of driving on cup tyres.
frown Bugger and the Toyos were fitted today.

iluvmercs

5,828 posts

110 months

[news] 
Friday 5th October 2012 quote quote all
Whatever the weather, I'm looking forward to this.
I'll be at the 'Ring on Monday and Spa on Wednesday - Spa newbie!

I'll be in a bright blue RS4 smile

Darren

79TurboS

107 posts

25 months

[news] 
Friday 5th October 2012 quote quote all
will be at the ring on Sat/Sun, black 997 turbo s

noddynitro

162 posts

101 months

[news] 
Friday 5th October 2012 quote quote all
krallicious said:
agtlaw said:
In other news, the sacrificial lamb's entrails are dark; which means it'll rain every day, so abandon all hope of driving on cup tyres.
frown Bugger and the Toyos were fitted today.
Pondering A048s Vs AD07s on my Elise, both nearing end of life so may just flip a coin to decide!

Think AD07s are probably the safest bet and they are already on the car......

krallicious

2,780 posts

88 months

[news] 
Friday 5th October 2012 quote quote all
noddynitro said:
Pondering A048s Vs AD07s on my Elise, both nearing end of life so may just flip a coin to decide!

Think AD07s are probably the safest bet and they are already on the car......
I have no experience of the above tyres. I looked at the AD48s and the price made me wince. Been sunny here in Frankfurt since 11am and dry. Weather forcast has changed again to light rain on Monday and Cloud and rain on Sunday!

I feel the entrails may be correct.

ringweekends

487 posts

136 months

[news] 
Friday 5th October 2012 quote quote all
If anyone is tweeting about their travels it would be great to use the hashtag #dn6. I'm @ringweekends.
Or, if you especially feel like sharing chuck pictures/comments up on the Destination Nürburgring Facebook page.

Sharing is good. Feel the love, Embrace the social media :-)

Spent today on a drying track with customers, haven't done that many passenger laps in ages - great fun.


jagracer

7,450 posts

119 months

[news] 
Friday 5th October 2012 quote quote all
krallicious said:
Porkie said:
Weathers looking rubbish now. GUTTED frown
It's pissing it down in Frankfurt but the Deutsche Wetterdienst is now reporting sun and cloud on Sunday, a mixed bag for Monday. Its predictions have been changing up to 3 times a day for the past week so we may have luck like we had for DN4. The forcasts were for rain all day and we had a couple of 2 minute showers interspersed with blue skies!

As atglaw has promised to bring a lamb, I think that we should be OK weatherwise.......
Forecast for Nurburg at the moment is sun on Sunday and cloud Monday so hopefully it won't be too bad, not doing Spa however.

Nurburgsingh

2,995 posts

121 months

[news] 
Friday 5th October 2012 quote quote all
ringweekends said:
If anyone is tweeting about their travels it would be great to use the hashtag #dn6. I'm @ringweekends.
Or, if you especially feel like sharing chuck pictures/comments up on the Destination Nürburgring Facebook page.

Sharing is good. Feel the love, Embrace the social media :-)

Spent today on a drying track with customers, haven't done that many passenger laps in ages - great fun.
Will do

stumpy67

187 posts

57 months

[news] 
Saturday 6th October 2012 quote quote all
I have some issues with my car, so wont now be able to go to Spa. My ticket for Wednesday at Spa is now available for sale.

If interested PM me.
1 2 ... 5 6
8 9 ... 16 17
Reply to Topic