PistonHeads.com Forum

CSL without A/C or CD

CSL without A/C or CD

Author
Discussion

WCZ

Original Poster:

3,459 posts

106 months

Tuesday 29th November 2011
quotequote all
how many of these exist?


Pip1968

796 posts

116 months

Monday 9th January 2012
quotequote all
I have heard of only one or possibly two in my extensive time of MTorque/M3Torque and CSLRegister. How many are left now is anyones guess but I cannot imagine many were specified without these options. The one that sticks in my mind also had the 'normal' halogen lights ie no xenons.

Pip

shim

2,048 posts

120 months

Monday 9th January 2012
quotequote all
Quite a few don't have Pdc, some don't have xenon and a handful of the 422 don't have a/c. I'd guess at 25-50

One or two have had a/c post fitted to a fashion

Edited by shim on Tuesday 10th January 09:03

Cemesis

756 posts

74 months

Monday 9th January 2012
quotequote all
I believe all the options were zero cost when the car was new so I'm sure it was hard not to tick them when buying.

MrOnTheRopes

791 posts

158 months

Tuesday 10th January 2012
quotequote all
Cemesis said:
I believe all the options were zero cost when the car was new so I'm sure it was hard not to tick them when buying.
A/C was zero cost but lots of the other options were extra, such as Xenons, PDC, Rain Sensor, CD

Advertisement

WCZ

Original Poster:

3,459 posts

106 months

Thursday 26th January 2012
quotequote all
why would people weigh the car down with A/C !?

Yanto

514 posts

120 months

Thursday 26th January 2012
quotequote all
WCZ said:
why would people weigh the car down with A/C !?
Prob makes F all difference in the CSL...

If you want some comfort, its worth it...

If you're part of the Nomex undercracker crew, buy a Radical...


WCZ

Original Poster:

3,459 posts

106 months

Friday 27th January 2012
quotequote all
Yanto said:
Prob makes F all difference in the CSL...

If you want some comfort, its worth it...

If you're part of the Nomex undercracker crew, buy a Radical...
well it'd negate 16.5% of the weight saving that you're paying all that premium for! (assuming 15kg a/c)

darreni

2,148 posts

182 months

Friday 27th January 2012
quotequote all
WCZ said:
why would people weigh the car down with A/C !?
Because the cars are great all rounders.
Fancy a euro trip to Tuscany in August without A/C? No ta.

dustyjustin

36 posts

107 months

Friday 27th January 2012
quotequote all
i owned one without air con and it was a nightmare in summer. As there is not much between you and the engine it can get a little hot in the cab. If I was to buy another CSL I would get one with Air con.

bobd

973 posts

132 months

Sunday 12th February 2012
quotequote all
dustyjustin said:
i owned one without air con and it was a nightmare in summer. As there is not much between you and the engine it can get a little hot in the cab. If I was to buy another CSL I would get one with Air con.
Agreed , no radio, no air con in my old one and not good in summer.