Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
Reply to Topic
Author Discussion

JakesterUK

Original Poster:

869 posts

79 months

[news] 
Sunday 30th September 2012 quote quote all
Now I know these aren't an american car as such but thought I might be able to get some sensible answers via this forum opposed to the PH massive.

I've seen a few late model Sebrings (07 plates) up for sale of recent with very little miles for real silly money, sub 3k mark and wondered, anyone had one, got one, are they any good?

As toying with having one as a daily.

Captain Cadillac

2,924 posts

67 months

[news] 
Sunday 30th September 2012 quote quote all
Sebring convertible? Sure, why not if you want a cheap ragtop with a back seat that you can actually use.

Sebring sedan? Don't do it. They are vile things... Truly nasty cars IMO. If it helps, Chrysler is one of our franchises and I tend to be rather sympathetic to domestic stuff, but a Sebring sedan just.... Sucks.

Roo

7,377 posts

87 months

[news] 
Monday 1st October 2012 quote quote all
They're cheap and plasticky inside. They were vastly overpriced when they came out as Chrysler was of the misbelief that their competition for the car was a new Mondeo or Audi A4.

We were selling new ones for £14,995 against a list price of £21,000 at which price none sold.

The diesel is the old VAG 1.9PD lump so not exactly modern but goes well enough and does reasonable MPG.

Cledus Snow

1,536 posts

68 months

[news] 
Monday 1st October 2012 quote quote all
I know of someone running a Rental company that was offered these on a 2 for the price of 1 deal about 6 months after they first arrived in the UK. hehe

However, We had one here, No one wanted it. Anyone that drove it hated it. cheap nasty horrible things.

We had a Dodge Avenger too...rolleyes

JakesterUK

Original Poster:

869 posts

79 months

[news] 
Monday 1st October 2012 quote quote all
Thanks everyone, don't think I'll bother with that test drive now...
Advertisement

chryslerben

594 posts

39 months

[news] 
Tuesday 2nd October 2012 quote quote all
Even I can't muster the front to defend the late sebrings, as previously stated pure crap in a can. I remember the launch for them and when they told us the pricing structure we quite literally fell about laughing on the floor (this was frowned on slightly at the time at dc) Luckily all those staff where binned off when we shifted to fiat who have a much better pricing structure for their models.....oh hang on, no I can't do it their delusional fools as well.

Roo

7,377 posts

87 months

[news] 
Tuesday 2nd October 2012 quote quote all
chryslerben said:
I remember the launch for them and when they told us the pricing structure we quite literally fell about laughing on the floor (this was frowned on slightly at the time at dc)
I could never understand why they don't look at what they CAN sell for and use that price. Not what they THINK it should sell for.

Had some good trips out of them for launches though.

chryslerben said:
Luckily all those staff where binned off when we shifted to fiat who have a much better pricing structure for their models.
I was just reading that thinking WTF? then got to the final line.

chryslerben said:
.....oh hang on, no I can't do it their delusional fools as well.
laugh

chryslerben

594 posts

39 months

[news] 
Wednesday 3rd October 2012 quote quote all
Roo said:
I could never understand why they don't look at what they CAN sell for and use that price. Not what they THINK it should sell for.

Had some good trips out of them for launches though.
Exactly 100 Percent buddy they used to tell us what the competition was and how their going to pitch it at the price they wanted, we all just sat there shaking our heads at the sheer delusion this folks had. Problem they had was Chrysler have always tried to push the luxury brand thing over here but could never produce the quality to back it up but still expected the returns.

Roo

7,377 posts

87 months

[news] 
Wednesday 3rd October 2012 quote quote all
chryslerben said:
Roo said:
I could never understand why they don't look at what they CAN sell for and use that price. Not what they THINK it should sell for.

Had some good trips out of them for launches though.
Exactly 100 Percent buddy they used to tell us what the competition was and how their going to pitch it at the price they wanted, we all just sat there shaking our heads at the sheer delusion this folks had. Problem they had was Chrysler have always tried to push the luxury brand thing over here but could never produce the quality to back it up but still expected the returns.
Knowing how much margin they had in Grand Voyagers, and the Rams when they came in, they could have sold enough cars to hit their targets if they'd used that approach.

Roo

7,377 posts

87 months

[news] 
Friday 5th October 2012 quote quote all
chryslerben said:
Roo said:
I could never understand why they don't look at what they CAN sell for and use that price. Not what they THINK it should sell for.

Had some good trips out of them for launches though.
Exactly 100 Percent buddy they used to tell us what the competition was and how their going to pitch it at the price they wanted, we all just sat there shaking our heads at the sheer delusion this folks had. Problem they had was Chrysler have always tried to push the luxury brand thing over here but could never produce the quality to back it up but still expected the returns.
And they never learn.

Article in todays dealer update mag from someone who used to be responsible for this at one franchise is quoted as saying about the franchise he now works for:

what we set out to do was position it 10-15% cheaper than...

5 USA

4,555 posts

125 months

[news] 
Friday 26th October 2012 quote quote all
Sebring - nice buy if you want a gentle introduction to the American experience. Just don't expect it to be easy to sell!
Reply to Topic