Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
1
3 4 ... 7 8
Reply to Topic
Author Discussion

Jam Spavlin

869 posts

73 months

[news] 
Friday 24th August 2012 quote quote all
Top spot goes to the Lightning T5, Second to the Victor, third the TSR 2, fourth SR71, Last but not least the X15 rocket plane. The closest I've got to controlling an aircraft is playing Afterburner on my Sega Mega Drive so PAX on all except the x15 obviously!.... Last for a reason as I'd die happy hitting the ground at fair rate of knots!

patmahe

4,324 posts

92 months

[news] 
Friday 24th August 2012 quote quote all
Would be an SR71 for me. Spitfire and P51 come a close second. Space shuttle if we're talking out of this world experiences ;-)

Torquey

1,153 posts

116 months

[news] 
Friday 24th August 2012 quote quote all
I'm into the newer stuff.

Eurofighter with around 5 sick bags at hand would be a dream come true.

Commercial - I'm quite sad never to have flown on Concorde. I'd pay a substantial amount to do that now.

VinceFox

19,274 posts

60 months

[news] 
Friday 24th August 2012 quote quote all
Spitfire. No question.

HereBeMonsters

13,481 posts

70 months

[news] 
Friday 24th August 2012 quote quote all
I would love my Grandfather to get back into teaching mode and show me how to fly a Lightning. He's tried on the simulator at Tangmere, but I'd love to feel the climb for real.

For a lottery win plane though, I've always wanted a Consolidated Catalina:



Or a Mosquito:


Advertisement

Zaxxon

4,057 posts

48 months

[news] 
Saturday 25th August 2012 quote quote all
DH Hornet, the most potent looking sportscar of the sky.

SVX

Original Poster:

1,721 posts

99 months

[news] 
Saturday 25th August 2012 quote quote all
Zaxxon said:
DH Hornet, the most potent looking sportscar of the sky.
That's one evil looking warbird...

RizzoTheRat

11,840 posts

80 months

[news] 
Saturday 25th August 2012 quote quote all
My grandfather spend a chunk of the 1940's sat in here



So I'd love to have a flight in a Lancaster


For a dream aircraft to own/operate I'd be going halves with HereBe Monsters on the Catalina, I love the idea of flying around island chains and running it up on the beach, maybe use it to run dive tours around Truk Lagoon and Micronesia...well a guy can dream.


As for a one off flight just for the experience, way too much to choose from, but having seen that programme where James May went up in a U2, the chance to see the curvature of the earth from 70,000ft would have to be high up the list

CobolMan

1,081 posts

95 months

[news] 
Saturday 25th August 2012 quote quote all
SVX said:
Zaxxon said:
DH Hornet, the most potent looking sportscar of the sky.
That's one evil looking warbird...
Hornet or Beaufighter for me.

Zaxxon

4,057 posts

48 months

[news] 
Saturday 25th August 2012 quote quote all
CobolMan said:
SVX said:
Zaxxon said:
DH Hornet, the most potent looking sportscar of the sky.
That's one evil looking warbird...
Hornet or Beaufighter for me.
Yep, either at low level, over jungle loaded with rockets.




The UK needs a COIN aircraft, a turbo prop Beaufighter with modern avionics would probably fit that need rather well.

HereBeMonsters

13,481 posts

70 months

[news] 
Saturday 25th August 2012 quote quote all
Zaxxon said:
The UK needs a COIN aircraft, a turbo prop Beaufighter with modern avionics would probably fit that need rather well.
As well as the obvious A10 (bloody hell that's a great looking plane), I've always liked the Argy one:


LukeSi

5,320 posts

49 months

[news] 
Saturday 25th August 2012 quote quote all
Military Jet - F14 Tomcat
Civilian Jet - Concorde

GALLARDOGUY

8,110 posts

107 months

[news] 
Saturday 25th August 2012 quote quote all
A-10 Thunderbolt for me (as long as I can fire the cannon!)

Don't why, just always liked it.

Simpo Two

60,673 posts

153 months

[news] 
Saturday 25th August 2012 quote quote all
RizzoTheRat said:
For a dream aircraft to own/operate I'd be going halves with HereBe Monsters on the Catalina, I love the idea of flying around island chains and running it up on the beach, maybe use it to run dive tours around Truk Lagoon and Micronesia...well a guy can dream.
It happened for Thomas Kendal in 1960 - until the damn Arabs wrecked it: http://www.warhistoryonline.com/featured-article/a...

Sadly can't find the photos Life took on the trip; they're superb.

diff lock

109 posts

92 months

[news] 
Saturday 25th August 2012 quote quote all
SR71 Blackbird or AH64 Apache for me. biggrin

Eric Mc

78,223 posts

153 months

[news] 
Saturday 25th August 2012 quote quote all
There is a flying Catalina in the UK and anyone can buy shares in it. I was on board this aeroplane at Farnborough this year - sadly on the ground.

RizzoTheRat

11,840 posts

80 months

[news] 
Saturday 25th August 2012 quote quote all
Simpo Two said:
It happened for Thomas Kendal in 1960 - until the damn Arabs wrecked it: http://www.warhistoryonline.com/featured-article/a...

Sadly can't find the photos Life took on the trip; they're superb.
I've seen the pics of the wreck before, hadn't realised there was a photographer on board and photos of the trip though

Eric Mc said:
There is a flying Catalina in the UK and anyone can buy shares in it. I was on board this aeroplane at Farnborough this year - sadly on the ground.
Plane Sailing. Saw her at Farnborough a few years ago but didn't manage to get onboard. £17.5k and £150/month for a 1/20 share of the aircraft doesn't sound a bad deal to me, though £600/hour would soon rack up

ph1l5

4,376 posts

90 months

[news] 
Saturday 25th August 2012 quote quote all
Catalina would be first thing I would buy if I won the lottery. Then a ticket to the monaco GP and an aircraft size parking space in the marina.

Hugo a Gogo

18,095 posts

121 months

[news] 
Saturday 25th August 2012 quote quote all
SR71 Blackbird, up to the edge of space and a quick mach 3 flight across a continent

lloyd h

1,397 posts

61 months

[news] 
Saturday 25th August 2012 quote quote all
HereBeMonsters said:
As well as the obvious A10 (bloody hell that's a great looking plane), I've always liked the Argy one:

If your a fan of the Pucara have a watch of this, ridiculously low! http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=aea_1305550407


For me its impossible to pick just one, especially the Mill side. F-14 Tomcat, F-15E, Typhoon, Tornado GR4, MiG-29 & lots of others!

Civilian, has to be Concorde.
1
3 4 ... 7 8
Reply to Topic