PistonHeads.com Forum

Patak's garlic pickle

Author
Discussion

zygalski

Original Poster:

3,212 posts

47 months

Saturday 11th August 2012
quotequote all
A warning... I think I'm addicted.
Every time I go to the fridge I have to have a spoonful of it. Bloody delicious!

motco

6,830 posts

148 months

Saturday 11th August 2012
quotequote all
Have you tried their Chili Pickle? Brings a sweat to the brow every time.

zygalski

Original Poster:

3,212 posts

47 months

Saturday 11th August 2012
quotequote all
I'm a bit of a wimp. I find the chilli pickle a bit too sour/hot.
Madras is ok for me. Vindaloo (or Jalfrezi in some places) is mental nuts

motco

6,830 posts

148 months

Saturday 11th August 2012
quotequote all
zygalski said:
I'm a bit of a wimp. I find the chilli pickle a bit too sour/hot.
Madras is ok for me. Vindaloo (or Jalfrezi in some places) is mental nuts
I'm still enjoying the abdominal undulations and gaseous emissions after last night's Jalfrezi - wonderful!

wormburner

9,754 posts

155 months

Saturday 11th August 2012
quotequote all
If you like that, look out some Matouk's Kuchela from your nearest West Indian aisle or shop. Pickled unripened mango.

Pretty spicy and utterly addictive.
Advertisement

kiteless

7,532 posts

106 months

Saturday 11th August 2012
quotequote all
Not spicy, but utterly tangy and very addictive:




Puggit

35,314 posts

150 months

Sunday 12th August 2012
quotequote all
I also have a pickle fridge problem - lime for me!

Mobile Chicane

18,501 posts

114 months

Sunday 12th August 2012
quotequote all
'Geeta's' lime and chilli chutney is just sublime.

There is no food it doesn't improve, though perhaps not tea and coffee.

Riley Blue

8,582 posts

128 months

Monday 13th August 2012
quotequote all
motco said:
Have you tried their Chili Pickle? Brings a sweat to the brow every time.
My favourite Patek, becoming difficult to find as major supermarkets don't stock it anymore.

mrsshpub

664 posts

86 months

Monday 13th August 2012
quotequote all
Riley Blue said:
motco said:
Have you tried their Chili Pickle? Brings a sweat to the brow every time.
My favourite Patek, becoming difficult to find as major supermarkets don't stock it anymore.
Just checked on mysupermarket.co.uk — Asda still stock it.

majordad

2,319 posts

99 months

Monday 13th August 2012
quotequote all
My favourite is Pataks Brindjal Pickle, again getting hard to find, why so ?

Riley Blue

8,582 posts

128 months

Monday 13th August 2012
quotequote all
mrsshpub said:
Riley Blue said:
motco said:
Have you tried their Chili Pickle? Brings a sweat to the brow every time.
My favourite Patek, becoming difficult to find as major supermarkets don't stock it anymore.
Just checked on mysupermarket.co.uk — Asda still stock it.
We don't have one of those - yet. But thanks, I'll look for it the next time I'm passing one.

wormburner

9,754 posts

155 months

Monday 13th August 2012
quotequote all
majordad said:
My favourite is Pataks Brindjal Pickle, again getting hard to find, why so ?
Seconded, very nice.

Anyone tried Tamarind ketchup? Beautiful on a cheese sandwich.

Carlton Banks

3,317 posts

138 months

Tuesday 14th August 2012
quotequote all
wormburner said:
majordad said:
My favourite is Pataks Brindjal Pickle, again getting hard to find, why so ?
Seconded, very nice.

Anyone tried Tamarind ketchup? Beautiful on a cheese sandwich.
I think it depends upon which part of the country you are. In London its ubiquitous.

wormburner

9,754 posts

155 months

Tuesday 14th August 2012
quotequote all
Carlton Banks said:
wormburner said:
majordad said:
My favourite is Pataks Brindjal Pickle, again getting hard to find, why so ?
Seconded, very nice.

Anyone tried Tamarind ketchup? Beautiful on a cheese sandwich.
I think it depends upon which part of the country you are. In London its ubiquitous.
Brinjal or tamarind?

majordad

2,319 posts

99 months

Sunday 14th October 2012
quotequote all
I was in Chester last weekend and tried Tesco, Lidl, Asda, Morrisons and no sign of Brinjal Pickle, where is it all gone, is it off the market ?


jas xjr

9,118 posts

141 months

Sunday 14th October 2012
quotequote all
majordad said:
My favourite is Pataks Brindjal Pickle, again getting hard to find, why so ?
not a traditional pickle . we like it and it is still available in asian supermarkets. the reason it is hard to get hold of is that it is a slow seller

sgrimshaw

4,702 posts

152 months

Sunday 14th October 2012
quotequote all
majordad said:
My favourite is Pataks Brindjal Pickle, again getting hard to find, why so ?
Why not have a go at making some ....

http://www.curryfrenzy.com/curry/recipes/brinjal-p...

majordad

2,319 posts

99 months

Sunday 14th October 2012
quotequote all
I will thanks, but does the Pataks not have Tamarind

majordad

2,319 posts

99 months

Thursday 12th November 2015
quotequote all
I got Pataks Aubergine Pickle last week , it said in small letters brinjal but where is the Brinjal Pickle gone, do they still make it. The aubergine while close, and nice lacks the tamerinds.