Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
Reply to Topic
Author Discussion

ROB2828

Original Poster:

2,358 posts

29 months

[news] 
Tuesday 3rd January 2012 quote quote all
I have been debating weather or not to go to the Performance Car Show this month as i have never been before. Ticket prices are obviously very expensive and i don't want to waste money looking at cars which aren't all that special. Then on top of tickets you have to pay the outrageous car park fee of eight pounds. The AutoSport International section looks hideously boring so the Performance Car Show needs to really make up for this. What cars should i expect to see if i decide to go and how many halls is this event spread out in? Are there any hypercars on show? Any concept cars?

To help me understand what quality of cars are available to see i have constructed a scale. Please could someone give me a number on the scale of the quality of the very best cars i might see? (Sorry if this is very confusing).

10-Bugatti Veyron SuperSports
9-Lamborghini Aventador, McLaren F1, Lexus LFA
8-Ferrari FF
7-Ferrari 458, McLaren MP4-12C
6-Lamborghini Gallardo Balboni
5-

JamesHayward

495 posts

44 months

[news] 
Tuesday 3rd January 2012 quote quote all
ROB2828 said:
I have been debating weather or not to go to the Performance Car Show this month as i have never been before. Ticket prices are obviously very expensive and i don't want to waste money looking at cars which aren't all that special. Then on top of tickets you have to pay the outrageous car park fee of eight pounds. The AutoSport International section looks hideously boring so the Performance Car Show needs to really make up for this. What cars should i expect to see if i decide to go and how many halls is this event spread out in? Are there any hypercars on show? Any concept cars?

To help me understand what quality of cars are available to see i have constructed a scale. Please could someone give me a number on the scale of the quality of the very best cars i might see? (Sorry if this is very confusing).

10-Bugatti Veyron SuperSports
9-Lamborghini Aventador, McLaren F1, Lexus LFA
8-Ferrari FF
7-Ferrari 458, McLaren MP4-12C
6-Lamborghini Gallardo Balboni
5-
Veyron - Hopefully, will know more before the end of the day
Aventador - Yes
Mclaren F1 - No
Lexus LFA - Yes
Ferrari FF - Not sure
Ferrari 458 & Mclaren MP4 - Yes on PH Stand
Gallardo Balboni - I think so but there will be plenty of Gallardo's on display anyway

Also in previous years we have had PH Members display cars that have been roped off, locked up and pretty much been like looking in a London underground carpark. Following feedback from last years visitors we have gone down the owners club route where you will be able to talk to real life owners about their cars and what they are like to live with. These clubs include:

Porsche Club GB
TVR Car Club
Noble Owners Club
Ford RS Owners
BMW Car Club
Mitsubishi Lancer Register
Auto Adrenalin

Also we have manufacturer stands from Ariel Motor Co and Noble Automotive

The Autosport International side of the show is far from boring! There is the main stage, live action arena, driver meetings, impressive exhibitors etc. The Performance Car Show is just one hall.

Autosport International also has manufacturer stands from Subaru, BMW, Porsche Cars GB, Mercedes AMG, Lotus Cars, Caterham, Radical and Ginetta - There will not be a shortage of cars to see!!


Edited by JamesHayward on Tuesday 3rd January 09:55

ROB2828

Original Poster:

2,358 posts

29 months

[news] 
Tuesday 3rd January 2012 quote quote all
JamesHayward said:
ROB2828 said:
I have been debating weather or not to go to the Performance Car Show this month as i have never been before. Ticket prices are obviously very expensive and i don't want to waste money looking at cars which aren't all that special. Then on top of tickets you have to pay the outrageous car park fee of eight pounds. The AutoSport International section looks hideously boring so the Performance Car Show needs to really make up for this. What cars should i expect to see if i decide to go and how many halls is this event spread out in? Are there any hypercars on show? Any concept cars?

To help me understand what quality of cars are available to see i have constructed a scale. Please could someone give me a number on the scale of the quality of the very best cars i might see? (Sorry if this is very confusing).

10-Bugatti Veyron SuperSports
9-Lamborghini Aventador, McLaren F1, Lexus LFA
8-Ferrari FF
7-Ferrari 458, McLaren MP4-12C
6-Lamborghini Gallardo Balboni
5-
Veyron - Hopefully, will know more before the end of the day
Aventador - Yes
Mclaren F1 - No
Lexus LFA - Yes
Ferrari FF - Not sure
Ferrari 458 & Mclaren MP4 - Yes on PH Stand
Gallardo Balboni - I think so but there will be plenty of Gallardo's on display anyway

Also in previous years we have had PH Members display cars that have been roped off, locked up and pretty much been like looking in a London underground carpark. Following feedback from last years visitors we have gone down the owners club route where you will be able to talk to real life owners about their cars and what they are like to live with. These clubs include:

Porsche Club GB
TVR Car Club
Noble Owners Club
Ford RS Owners
BMW Car Club
Mitsubishi Lancer Register
Auto Adrenalin

Also we have manufacturer stands from Ariel Motor Co and Noble Automotive

The Autosport International side of the show is far from boring! There is the main stage, live action arena, driver meetings, impressive exhibitors etc. The Performance Car Show is just one hall.

Autosport International also has manufacturer stands from Subaru, BMW, Porsche Cars GB, Mercedes AMG, Lotus Cars, Caterham, Radical and Ginetta - There will not be a shortage of cars to see!!


Edited by JamesHayward on Tuesday 3rd January 09:55
Hi James,
Thanks for your response. Unfortunately i didn't explain myself very clearly when i asked that question and have ended up misleading you a bit. What i was trying to ask was what number on the scale the quality of cars would be. Not if they would be there. Anyway, you've basically answered my question.

ROB2828

Original Poster:

2,358 posts

29 months

[news] 
Tuesday 3rd January 2012 quote quote all
I know you can't predict the future but do you think these cars will be there???? Haven't seen any of them before and would love the opportunity to get up close to them and get photos!

Ariel Atom V8
Noble M600
Ferrari 599 GTO
Caparo T1
Ferrari F430 Scuderia
Ferrari 360 Stradale
Ferrari F50
Ferrari F40
Ferrari 288 GTO
Gumpert Apollo
Koenigsegg Agera R
Lamborghini LP670-4 SV
Lexus LFA Nurburgring
Maserati MC12
Mercedes SLR McLaren
Pagani Zonda

JamesHayward

495 posts

44 months

[news] 
Tuesday 3rd January 2012 quote quote all
Beleive it or not I can predict the future! - see below

Ariel Atom V8 - yes
Noble M600 - yes
Ferrari 599 GTO - maybe
Caparo T1 - no
Ferrari F430 Scuderia - maybe
Ferrari 360 Stradale - maybe
Ferrari F50 - no
Ferrari F40 - no
Ferrari 288 GTO - no
Gumpert Apollo - no
Koenigsegg Agera R - maybe
Lamborghini LP670-4 SV - no
Lexus LFA Nurburgring - Yes
Maserati MC12 - no
Mercedes SLR McLaren - Maybe
Pagani Zonda - Maybe

The full list of cars on the PistonHeads stand will be released shortly, I don't know what other exhibitors are putting on their stands until the show, hence the Maybe's

James




Edited by JamesHayward on Tuesday 3rd January 11:53

Advertisement

ROB2828

Original Poster:

2,358 posts

29 months

[news] 
Tuesday 3rd January 2012 quote quote all
JamesHayward said:
Beleive it or not I can predict the future! - see below

Ariel Atom V8 - yes
Noble M600 - yes
Ferrari 599 GTO - maybe
Caparo T1 - no
Ferrari F430 Scuderia - maybe
Ferrari 360 Stradale - maybe
Ferrari F50 - no
Ferrari F40 - no
Ferrari 288 GTO - no
Gumpert Apollo - no
Koenigsegg Agera R - maybe
Lamborghini LP670-4 SV - no
Lexus LFA Nurburgring - Yes
Maserati MC12 - no
Mercedes SLR McLaren - Maybe
Pagani Zonda - Maybe

The full list of cars on the PistonHeads stand will be released shortly, I don't know what other exhibitors are putting on their stands until the show, hence the Maybe's

James




Edited by JamesHayward on Tuesday 3rd January 11:53
Ok, Brilliant. Thanks.

YKB

824 posts

91 months

[news] 
Thursday 5th January 2012 quote quote all
We'll be there with the TVR Car Club and we'll happily show anyone round some fine British sportcars.

We'll have on display:

Sagaris
Tuscan
Cerbera (AJP 4.7)
Chimaera
Griffith

There doesn't appear to have much on the PH website about the show this year and the link at the top of the homepage seems to have vanished since the new site went up.

Hope to see people there

Tony

Kiltie

5,968 posts

126 months

[news] 
Thursday 5th January 2012 quote quote all
Hi Tony.

I'll be there with my pal Murray who is currently considering taking the plunge in to TVR ownership (he's currently a 911 daily driver).

If you don't mind, we might come and quiz you about the pros and cons.

Cheers,

Eric smile

YKB

824 posts

91 months

[news] 
Thursday 5th January 2012 quote quote all
Hi Eric, we'd delighted to show you the cars and chat about all things TVR.

Tony

Kiltie

5,968 posts

126 months

[news] 
Thursday 5th January 2012 quote quote all
Superb - looking forward to meeting you. smile

Cheers,

Eric smile

Roo

7,379 posts

87 months

[news] 
Friday 6th January 2012 quote quote all
YKB said:
We'll be there with the TVR Car Club and we'll happily show anyone round some fine British sportcars.

We'll have on display:

Sagaris
Tuscan
Cerbera (AJP 4.7)
Chimaera
Griffith

There doesn't appear to have much on the PH website about the show this year and the link at the top of the homepage seems to have vanished since the new site went up.

Hope to see people there

Tony
As I'm going to be at the AIS for the whole duration I may have to pop along and reminisce.

YKB

824 posts

91 months

[news] 
Saturday 7th January 2012 quote quote all
Be good to see you Roo!

Tony

A9XXC

617 posts

29 months

[news] 
Wednesday 11th January 2012 quote quote all
Add to list -

Porsche RS Spyder

Porsche 918


I'll be there on Friday on the Porsche Club GB stand. - Some pics of our stand here - http://s787.photobucket.com/albums/yy158/A9XXC/Aut...

Edited by A9XXC on Wednesday 11th January 22:07


Edited by A9XXC on Wednesday 11th January 22:09

MikeO996

1,629 posts

104 months

[news] 
Thursday 12th January 2012 quote quote all
Wow, that's a bit of a coup! Well done PCGB, always seem to get something a bit special for the Autosport show

CivicMan

2,211 posts

81 months

[news] 
Thursday 12th January 2012 quote quote all
The 918. Wow. and wow again....


Reply to Topic