PistonHeads.com Forum

the 'what car' musings thread

the 'what car' musings thread

Author
Discussion

shirt

Original Poster:

16,977 posts

103 months

Tuesday 24th April 2012
quotequote all
if it was 50k it would be in my parking space, i'd love an M breadvan. £30k for one though, keep dreaming!

Hitch78

4,435 posts

96 months

Tuesday 24th April 2012
quotequote all
Nonsense. There are Z4Ms at 90k-100k.

Shirt loves these though...

Edited by Hitch78 on Wednesday 25th April 06:20

shirt

Original Poster:

16,977 posts

103 months

Tuesday 24th April 2012
quotequote all
what's not to like? 1400kg rwd hot hatch with 310 easily tunable horses.

Hitch78

4,435 posts

96 months

Tuesday 24th April 2012
quotequote all
AED150k is what I don't like. If he wakes up and cuts the price in half it does look like a very nice example.

shirt

Original Poster:

16,977 posts

103 months

Tuesday 24th April 2012
quotequote all
he's german. for some reason minters there do go for a lot and i guess he feels he's 'owed' a certain amount through importing & fettling. this is purely ludicrous money though. 50-60k is where you'd want to be, not 996 turbo money.
Advertisement

yorky500

1,533 posts

93 months

Tuesday 24th April 2012
quotequote all
shirt said:
he's german. for some reason minters there do go for a lot and i guess he feels he's 'owed' a certain amount through importing & fettling. this is purely ludicrous money though. 50-60k is where you'd want to be, not 996 turbo money.
if he gets AED150k or even half of that amount, I am going to stick my M3 up for sale at AEd75k

Hitch78

4,435 posts

96 months

Tuesday 24th April 2012
quotequote all
Nice. If you removed the stickers it would look almost standard!

http://dubai.dubizzle.com/classified/autos4x4s/bmw...

shirt

Original Poster:

16,977 posts

103 months

oilydan

1,699 posts

173 months

Wednesday 25th April 2012
quotequote all
1. Will Dubizzle please stop wit the 'Ninja Web Monkies' down-time business, we all know they don't train them in internets stuff at all.

2. Why do downtime during a work-day? It's when I like to do my car-hunting.




Hitch78

4,435 posts

96 months

Wednesday 25th April 2012
quotequote all
Always on a Wednesday morning too - the point in the week when I am lowest as I've probably had to do some work by then and the weekend is still not on the horizon!

They used to clearly give the office boy who checks the photos Friday morning off too - so you had no idea just how far out everyone's discriptions of 'mint condition' were. tts.

shirt

Original Poster:

16,977 posts

103 months

Wednesday 25th April 2012
quotequote all
i can view dubizzle at work but the pics don't show for some reason frown

what's the hunt on for at the moment then?

dan - plutocrat express
dusty - luxobarge
'bert - ?

Dusty964

6,213 posts

92 months

Wednesday 25th April 2012
quotequote all
shirt said:
i can view dubizzle at work but the pics don't show for some reason frown

what's the hunt on for at the moment then?

dan - plutocrat express
dusty - luxobarge
'bert - ?
7 series, with potential to sway to a quattroporte
Old SL, and because i feel like my wallet wouldnt be emptied suffiently by a Masser, how about an BM850.

Or a z4 for the missus

IanUAE

2,226 posts

66 months

Wednesday 25th April 2012
quotequote all
I am trying not to look for a motorbike for track days....

Hitch78

4,435 posts

96 months

Wednesday 25th April 2012
quotequote all
I still want a manual 911. Don't really care which - 964 would be awesome, late 996 is fine, 997 lovely. I really should have bought the 996 C4S I tested in Feb...

oilydan

1,699 posts

173 months

Wednesday 25th April 2012
quotequote all
Yorky has got me on a XFR mission after not finding a single C63 or CL63 that is not either a. US Spec or b. abused like a ginger stepchild.

XKR or XFR?

shirt

Original Poster:

16,977 posts

103 months

Wednesday 25th April 2012
quotequote all
Hitch78 said:
I still want a manual 911.
same here. thinking if i can find suitable accomodation i could re-jig for a 3car solution. 911 or breadvan z3 would be great.

Hitch78

4,435 posts

96 months

Wednesday 25th April 2012
quotequote all
oilydan said:
Yorky has got me on a XFR mission after not finding a single C63 or CL63 that is not either a. US Spec or b. abused like a ginger stepchild.

XKR or XFR?
XFR for me. There is something right about a big fast Jag saloon and one BLATS past our building every day sounding like a thunderstorm is trying to escape out of the exhaust.

yorky500

1,533 posts

93 months

Wednesday 25th April 2012
quotequote all
Hitch78 said:
oilydan said:
Yorky has got me on a XFR mission after not finding a single C63 or CL63 that is not either a. US Spec or b. abused like a ginger stepchild.

XKR or XFR?
XFR for me. There is something right about a big fast Jag saloon and one BLATS past our building every day sounding like a thunderstorm is trying to escape out of the exhaust.
Only suggested it cos it met Oily's criteria. OK, so it does not have the Merc V8 lump with that stunning zorst note _ pure heaven it is. The XFR ticks all Oily's boxes: 510bhp, 460Nm of torque, 4 decent seats, SC V8 the only thing to get over is it is a Jag!

shirt

Original Poster:

16,977 posts

103 months

Wednesday 25th April 2012
quotequote all

shirt

Original Poster:

16,977 posts

103 months