Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
1
3 4 ... 70 71
Reply to Topic
Author Discussion

K666ADM

72 posts

76 months

[news] 
Monday 16th August 2010 quote quote all
In Doha if you see a light blue mustang with a Piston Heads 'Speed Matters' sticker on the back window, that was once my car - but I sold it and told the buyer to keep the sticker on it. Next time Im back home will get a PH sticker for my new Z4 SDrive30i, could do with something to make it look a bit sweeter.

C997

165 posts

51 months

[news] 
Tuesday 17th August 2010 quote quote all
K666ADM said:
In Doha if you see a light blue mustang with a Piston Heads 'Speed Matters' sticker on the back window, that was once my car - but I sold it and told the buyer to keep the sticker on it. Next time Im back home will get a PH sticker for my new Z4 SDrive30i, could do with something to make it look a bit sweeter.
I ordered some stickers plus a mug (some censored nicked my last one!) straight from the website and had them delivered to my PO box in Doha. Came no probs within about 10 days, although customs had been into the package of course.

dxbtiger

Original Poster:

3,162 posts

58 months

[news] 
Tuesday 17th August 2010 quote quote all
another rarity, in my car park in Media city

Z8

Dunk1982

425 posts

63 months

[news] 
Wednesday 18th August 2010 quote quote all
That Z8 is cool! Stumbled across this pic earlier, i know i posted before but now that we have our own spotted thread! Ironically parked outside the British club here! smile

Old TVR



Edited by Dunk1982 on Wednesday 18th August 20:21

Paracetamol

3,361 posts

129 months

[news] 
Thursday 26th August 2010 quote quote all
Dunk1982 said:
That Z8 is cool! Stumbled across this pic earlier, i know i posted before but now that we have our own spotted thread! Ironically parked outside the British club here! smile

Old TVR



Edited by Dunk1982 on Wednesday 18th August 20:21
Hi Dunk, there are at least 2 Z8's in Bahrain and they are so pretty.. Have you seen the orange 240Z for sale in the garage just behind Marina Mall (AL- Faladeh cars or something). Its the best classic I have seen in terms of condtion (excpect for the Prince's cars!). Totally concours and an amazing restoration- though it is 9k bhd!!
Advertisement

Dunk1982

425 posts

63 months

[news] 
Thursday 26th August 2010 quote quote all
Hey, no I havent yet. I have seen loads on the road here though all really mint. It seems to be mainly all old Yanks here which I love!!


Paracetamol

3,361 posts

129 months

[news] 
Thursday 26th August 2010 quote quote all
Dunk1982 said:
Hey, no I havent yet. I have seen loads on the road here though all really mint. It seems to be mainly all old Yanks here which I love!!
Do check out the 240Z it really is awesome. Ferarri Centre in Adliya has some great yanks tanks in at the moment as well.

Dunk1982

425 posts

63 months

[news] 
Thursday 26th August 2010 quote quote all
Oh yeah they always do!! Hate driving past that place! frown I've seen a couple of 60's Stangs up for around the 10k BD mark as well!
Have you seen the Hemi green Cuda rolling around!?? I think quite allot of the Sheiks here are big classic Yank lovers.

Paracetamol

3,361 posts

129 months

[news] 
Thursday 26th August 2010 quote quote all
Here is my own Bahraini classic (and currently up for sale!)


Dunk1982

425 posts

63 months

[news] 
Thursday 26th August 2010 quote quote all
Sold! Will swap you for my lovely nissan sunny complete with some minor car park damage, 09 model and very well run in.... wink
I will even through in a full tank of mumtaz!!! Thats the 100fils per liter high performance st!!


P.s. only got 3 hub caps, the other is somewhere between Juffair and Amwaj!

Paracetamol

3,361 posts

129 months

[news] 
Friday 27th August 2010 quote quote all
smile how will your employer feel about swaping your company car! (hee hee).

The Merc is a fab car for 3850 bd though. Absolutely no rust,totally original and 2.8 twin cam engine (the one that was in use to the mid 90s!), 4 speed auto, Air Con and power steering and leccy windows. Merc were so far ahead of their time...

Its at Al Haddad Main Mercedes Dealer as they are selling it on my behalf (its that good!)

RRSSS

47 posts

86 months

[news] 
Saturday 28th August 2010 quote quote all
Paracetamol said:
Dunk1982 said:
Hey, no I havent yet. I have seen loads on the road here though all really mint. It seems to be mainly all old Yanks here which I love!!
Do check out the 240Z it really is awesome. Ferarri Centre in Adliya has some great yanks tanks in at the moment as well.
Hi guys, been reading with some interest! Same as Dunk1982, I kept driving past the Ferrari Centre and eventually I bit the bullet last year and bought one of those tanks from there.. But sold it earlier this year as the reality of owning a 40+ year old car came in frown

ps. Good to see some guys living in Bahrain on PH! thumbup

Hitch78

4,176 posts

79 months

[news] 
Saturday 28th August 2010 quote quote all
Spotted last night at Dubai Marina; a red MGB convertible, chrome bumper type. Looked lovely and different, though very little next to the usual parade of SUVs.

Asterix

20,337 posts

113 months

[news] 
Saturday 28th August 2010 quote quote all
Hitch78 said:
Spotted last night at Dubai Marina; a red MGB convertible, chrome bumper type. Looked lovely and different, though very little next to the usual parade of SUVs.
There was a bloke here who had an MG Midget and it looked like a toy car next to any of the new stuff. Always said to him that if he left, to call me and he had a buyer for it. Don't know what happened to him.

Dunk1982

425 posts

63 months

[news] 
Saturday 28th August 2010 quote quote all
RRSSS said:
Paracetamol said:
Dunk1982 said:
Hey, no I havent yet. I have seen loads on the road here though all really mint. It seems to be mainly all old Yanks here which I love!!
Do check out the 240Z it really is awesome. Ferarri Centre in Adliya has some great yanks tanks in at the moment as well.
Hi guys, been reading with some interest! Same as Dunk1982, I kept driving past the Ferrari Centre and eventually I bit the bullet last year and bought one of those tanks from there.. But sold it earlier this year as the reality of owning a 40+ year old car came in frown

ps. Good to see some guys living in Bahrain on PH! thumbup
wavey
Hi!! Loved your old Impalla!! cloud9

Saw that 240Z yesturday as well!! How nice!!??

Hitch78

4,176 posts

79 months

[news] 
Saturday 28th August 2010 quote quote all
Paracetamol said:
Here is my own Bahraini classic (and currently up for sale!)

She is a beauty by the way.

RRSSS

47 posts

86 months

[news] 
Saturday 28th August 2010 quote quote all
Dunk1982 said:
RRSSS said:
Paracetamol said:
Dunk1982 said:
Hey, no I havent yet. I have seen loads on the road here though all really mint. It seems to be mainly all old Yanks here which I love!!
Do check out the 240Z it really is awesome. Ferarri Centre in Adliya has some great yanks tanks in at the moment as well.
Hi guys, been reading with some interest! Same as Dunk1982, I kept driving past the Ferrari Centre and eventually I bit the bullet last year and bought one of those tanks from there.. But sold it earlier this year as the reality of owning a 40+ year old car came in frown

ps. Good to see some guys living in Bahrain on PH! thumbup
wavey
Hi!! Loved your old Impalla!! cloud9

Saw that 240Z yesturday as well!! How nice!!??
wavey Here's a pic of the engine bay...



Dunk1982

425 posts

63 months

[news] 
Saturday 28th August 2010 quote quote all
cloud9

When I first got here I was doing my usual 'look at what ya could have won' car search and spotted the Impala for sale, went on my dreaming want list!!
Mate of mine back in the UK has a Canadian import one about the same age soft top too... why did you let her go? Just kept breaking down or something? I do look at all the old cars here and think, yeah they are nice but where the fk would I take it to get fixed!!?? (US Navy base being the exception!)

Paracetamol

3,361 posts

129 months

[news] 
Saturday 28th August 2010 quote quote all
Dunk1982 said:
Saw that 240Z yesturday as well!! How nice!!??
Too nice....just finding ways in my head to justify the $22k usd price tag- but what a restoration- I am sure you could spend twice that to bring one up to that state

Paracetamol

3,361 posts

129 months

[news] 
Saturday 28th August 2010 quote quote all
Hitch78 said:
Paracetamol said:
Here is my own Bahraini classic (and currently up for sale!)

She is a beauty by the way.
Thanks- Moving to AD very soon and have two cars to take already...so this has to go...but she's a great old thing and everyone thinks you are from the Royal Court everywhere you go!
1
3 4 ... 70 71
Reply to Topic