Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
2
Reply to Topic
Author Discussion

Skylinecrazy

Original Poster:

13,222 posts

82 months

[news] 
Thursday 4th October 2012 quote quote all
Anyone spectating, competing etc this weekend?

Looking forward to it, as I haven't been to a race weekend at Oulton for a while. I have no idea what the entry list/numbers are like, but still, hopefully it'll be a good days racing!


MMC Andy

527 posts

109 months

[news] 
Thursday 4th October 2012 quote quote all
I'll be there in my CRX in Future Classics - from the entry lists I've had sent through; most of the grids are full with 36 cars. So should make good spectating for you.

Andy

Skylinecrazy

Original Poster:

13,222 posts

82 months

[news] 
Thursday 4th October 2012 quote quote all
MMC Andy said:
I'll be there in my CRX in Future Classics - from the entry lists I've had sent through; most of the grids are full with 36 cars. So should make good spectating for you.

Andy
That's good to hear Andy, heard a few championships have been down on numbers this year smile

I'm looking forward to it.


majordad

1,775 posts

85 months

[news] 
Thursday 4th October 2012 quote quote all
I'll be there, I probably have at least 1 spare ticket, come up to car 9 yellow / blue Porsche RSR and collect same Sat am.


andy97

2,376 posts

110 months

[news] 
Thursday 4th October 2012 quote quote all
Skylinecrazy said:
That's good to hear Andy, heard a few championships have been down on numbers this year smile

I'm looking forward to it.
Generally speaking, CSCC has had very good grids for most of its series all year, often inc reserves. Not all, but most. To the extent that several series have had to have the grids split in to two at some meetings to give the large numbers of entrants a race!

Space on the programme has been found for this by merging some other grids that have had smaller numbers (the Historic V8s and Deutsche Marque at Donington)
Advertisement

Skylinecrazy

Original Poster:

13,222 posts

82 months

[news] 
Thursday 4th October 2012 quote quote all
majordad said:
I'll be there, I probably have at least 1 spare ticket, come up to car 9 yellow / blue Porsche RSR and collect same Sat am.
Surely you have to pay on entry? Thanks for the offer though!


Skylinecrazy

Original Poster:

13,222 posts

82 months

[news] 
Thursday 4th October 2012 quote quote all
andy97 said:
Skylinecrazy said:
That's good to hear Andy, heard a few championships have been down on numbers this year smile

I'm looking forward to it.
Generally speaking, CSCC has had very good grids for most of its series all year, often inc reserves. Not all, but most. To the extent that several series have had to have the grids split in to two at some meetings to give the large numbers of entrants a race!

Space on the programme has been found for this by merging some other grids that have had smaller numbers (the Historic V8s and Deutsche Marque at Donington)
Ah, that's good to hear. Not been to many circuit events this year due to following hillclimbing - but the season is over now, so planning on spending the remaining weekends of the season watching some circuit stuff smile

Fond memories of Oulton though, it is a fantastic circuit for both the spectator, and I imagine the competitor!



PJS917

1,047 posts

136 months

[news] 
Thursday 4th October 2012 quote quote all
I'll be there supporting my friend In his MGB, I am looking forward to it as I haven't been to Oulton for a while.

andy97

2,376 posts

110 months

[news] 
Thursday 4th October 2012 quote quote all
Skylinecrazy said:
Surely you have to pay on entry? Thanks for the offer though!
Sometimes, if you tell them that you have a ticket waiting for you inside (quoting the car, number and race) the staff on the gate may let you in, alternatively, sometime they'll make you pay but will refund it when you go back to the gate with the ticket.

Bengt Axel

52 posts

37 months

[news] 
Thursday 4th October 2012 quote quote all
I'll be there (seeing as I live next door to the circuit thus get a free season ticket, it would seem churlish not too!)

Glad to hear that good grids are expected, and the CSCC put on a good show.

indigorallye

349 posts

113 months

[news] 
Thursday 4th October 2012 quote quote all
I'm racing.
No 78, Tin Tops smile

ginettajoe

1,615 posts

106 months

[news] 
Friday 5th October 2012 quote quote all
I'm sharing a Clio in Tin Tops, and an Aston DB4 in Swinging Sixties, ...... really looking forward to it!!

RetroWheels

2,958 posts

159 months

[news] 
Friday 5th October 2012 quote quote all
We'll be there, im racing Rover V8 Tuscan Challenge car in Future Classics.

Bengt Axel

52 posts

37 months

[news] 
Friday 5th October 2012 quote quote all
The Weather is looking good too!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/cw6

Skylinecrazy

Original Poster:

13,222 posts

82 months

[news] 
Friday 5th October 2012 quote quote all
Bengt Axel said:
The Weather is looking good too!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/cw6
Makes a change that! Don't s'pose anyone has an entry list for me to mooch over do they?


indigorallye

349 posts

113 months

[news] 
Friday 5th October 2012 quote quote all
I have put photos of the entry list on my Facebook page, 106 Maxi Racing
Have a look at N0 69 in DM's ;-)

Muz_Wez

1,398 posts

90 months

[news] 
Friday 5th October 2012 quote quote all
I'll be there, I love Oulton and the CSCC are a cracking club with a good grids.

CNHSS1

934 posts

105 months

[news] 
Friday 5th October 2012 quote quote all
yep, i'll be there too, cheering on two mates in swinging sixties. Shame the Modsports cars arent out, they were great to watch. Cscc is a good show

Skylinecrazy

Original Poster:

13,222 posts

82 months

[news] 
Saturday 6th October 2012 quote quote all
I can safely say my highlight was meeting Jay Kay!!

indigorallye

349 posts

113 months

[news] 
Saturday 6th October 2012 quote quote all
As nice as he is, I hope it wasn't!!!!
Did you not watch the racing? tongue out

(He seems a great bloke!)
2
Reply to Topic