Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
2 3 4
Reply to Topic
Author Discussion

Rowan138

Original Poster:

224 posts

38 months

[news] 
Wednesday 11th April 2012 quote quote all

thetapeworm

5,836 posts

126 months

[news] 
Wednesday 11th April 2012 quote quote all
Two for £1.99 inc P&P, bargain smile


tbc

2,811 posts

62 months

[news] 
Wednesday 11th April 2012 quote quote all
they have just pissed all over your intellectual property

http://www.ipo.gov.uk/types/copy/c-applies/c-appli...

might be worth sending them a cease and desist email

they might be making £1.99, but thats besides the point.

As far as I know pistonheads makes most of it's money from advertising in the from of banners/classified adverts and to a lesser extent merchandise.

In my opinion the only way to solve this is to flood the market

FREE PH STICKERS FOR EVERY MEMBER biggrin

Stuart

11,585 posts

138 months

[news] 
Wednesday 11th April 2012 quote quote all
Thanks chaps.

thetapeworm

5,836 posts

126 months

[news] 
Wednesday 11th April 2012 quote quote all
tbc said:
they have just pissed all over your intellectual property

http://www.ipo.gov.uk/types/copy/c-applies/c-appli...

might be worth sending them a cease and desist email

they might be making £1.99, but thats besides the point.

As far as I know pistonheads makes most of it's money from advertising in the from of banners/classified adverts and to a lesser extent merchandise.

In my opinion the only way to solve this is to flood the market

FREE PH STICKERS FOR EVERY MEMBER biggrin
PH seems to get a lot of this on eBay, there are lots of threads regarding many sellers using the logo or variations of it to sell stickers at a much lower price than those in the PH shop.

Advertisement

DanS

1,076 posts

171 months

[news] 
Friday 13th April 2012 quote quote all
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CHRISTIAN-AUDIGIER-PISTO...

This is pretty cheeky too, especially from a major brand....

Yazza54

13,500 posts

68 months

[news] 
Monday 16th April 2012 quote quote all
DanS said:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CHRISTIAN-AUDIGIER-PISTO...

This is pretty cheeky too, especially from a major brand....
How gash does that look

Stuart

11,585 posts

138 months

[news] 
Monday 16th April 2012 quote quote all
That watch isn't nicking our branding. It just happens to have a (completely different) skull and crossbones image on it. You're right though, it looks bloody awful.

Pints

16,177 posts

81 months

[news] 
Saturday 21st April 2012 quote quote all

Garlick

40,601 posts

127 months

[news] 
Saturday 21st April 2012 quote quote all
Thank you.

Apparently a DVD is being sold containing 'copyright free' images to sticker companies. On it is our smiley under the title of JDM smiley, that's why we see so many.

I'll get in touch with these chaps ASAP

Pints

16,177 posts

81 months

paulrussell

1,257 posts

48 months

[news] 
Wednesday 25th April 2012 quote quote all

Slurms

1,178 posts

91 months

[news] 
Wednesday 2nd May 2012 quote quote all

Garlick

40,601 posts

127 months

[news] 
Thursday 3rd May 2012 quote quote all
More warning emails sent.

Trouble is, we hear the PH logo has been added to a CD of 'copyright free' images that form part of a CD available to buy. Most of these guys tell me this and are very apologetic once I get in touch but the annoying this is, with this CD out there it's a never-ending battle.

paulrussell

1,257 posts

48 months

[news] 
Thursday 3rd May 2012 quote quote all
Garlick said:
More warning emails sent.

Trouble is, we hear the PH logo has been added to a CD of 'copyright free' images that form part of a CD available to buy. Most of these guys tell me this and are very apologetic once I get in touch but the annoying this is, with this CD out there it's a never-ending battle.
Can't you find out who makes the CD's, and then tell them not to include the smiley?

Pints

16,177 posts

81 months

paulrussell

1,257 posts

48 months

Garlick

40,601 posts

127 months

[news] 
Tuesday 22nd May 2012 quote quote all
All contacted, thank you.

Shaw Tarse

22,881 posts

90 months

Pints

16,177 posts

81 months

2 3 4
Reply to Topic