Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
1
3 4
Reply to Topic
Author Discussion

Shaw Tarse

22,228 posts

86 months

Robb F

4,140 posts

54 months

[news] 
Sunday 24th June 2012 quote quote all
Shaw Tarse said:
Yes

billybob69

672 posts

28 months

[news] 
Sunday 24th June 2012 quote quote all
Robb F said:
Chrome here too. Was about to buy some stickers but can't.
got to be your system as work fine for me. Have you set to update page and cleared cache might help.

McHaggis

13,398 posts

38 months

[news] 
Sunday 24th June 2012 quote quote all
Working fine here as well. Safari and Firefox.

Haggleburyfinius

3,897 posts

69 months

[news] 
Sunday 24th June 2012 quote quote all
7 days to print a t shirt! It's like going back in time....
Advertisement

Robb F

4,140 posts

54 months

[news] 
Sunday 24th June 2012 quote quote all
Yep the site works fine now and I've ordered my sticker.


It's still a stupid site though.

swerni

21,742 posts

93 months

[news] 
Monday 25th June 2012 quote quote all
Silent1 said:
jeremyc said:
Silent1 said:
We need Mrs Kinky back paperbag
I think the problem is that at least 100 Mrs Kinkys would be required given the current volumes (and that is not in any way diminishing the fantastic job that she did).
Can we clone her?

Not sure if kinky will think that's a good idea or a bad one wink

Beefmeister

11,868 posts

113 months

[news] 
Tuesday 26th June 2012 quote quote all
I'm genuinely amazed how people can be so confused by a website. It's quite clear that all the PH stock is in one particular section of the site, over a few pages. There are only 5 pages to look through, it's not like there are 50.

Would it be better if there was a PH specific site? Yes, of course and maybe after the sales have been proven this may happen, but until then it's really not that bad is it?

miniman

16,922 posts

145 months

[news] 
Tuesday 26th June 2012 quote quote all
Beefmeister said:
I'm genuinely amazed how people can be so confused by a website. It's quite clear that all the PH stock is in one particular section of the site, over a few pages. There are only 5 pages to look through, it's not like there are 50.

Would it be better if there was a PH specific site? Yes, of course and maybe after the sales have been proven this may happen, but until then it's really not that bad is it?
I guess Haymarket need to decide how many people get confused by it, regardless of how amazing that might be. User testing in general suggests that the vast majority of website users get confused, a lot!

Pints

15,933 posts

77 months

[news] 
Tuesday 26th June 2012 quote quote all
Beefmeister said:
I'm genuinely amazed how people can be so confused by a website. It's quite clear that all the PH stock is in one particular section of the site, over a few pages. There are only 5 pages to look through, it's not like there are 50.

Would it be better if there was a PH specific site? Yes, of course and maybe after the sales have been proven this may happen, but until then it's really not that bad is it?
It's not that I get confused (nor, I suspect, do most other users), it's more that the site is almost entirely counter-intuitive.

Stuart

11,585 posts

134 months

[news] 
Tuesday 26th June 2012 quote quote all
Experience of a website is of course entirely subjective, but the order volumes would suggest that not that many people are getting confused.

That said, Shotdead are a very switched on company and are constantly looking at ways to improve the user experience and conversion. We're told that a new site is coming into test over the next 10 weeks or so and this will give us far more opportunity to have a clearly branded PH area, as well as big improvements to things like the checkout speed and other such things of importance.

y2blade

54,247 posts

98 months

[news] 
Tuesday 26th June 2012 quote quote all
I used ShotDeadInTheHead.com for the first yesterday, got an Email confirming my order and then a lovely email today stating that my order "has been lovingly created and has now been shipped to you."


I'll report back once all my items arrive...so far so good, the website was well laid-out and easy to use.



Perhaps OP should get a grown-up to help him?




y2blade

54,247 posts

98 months

[news] 
Thursday 28th June 2012 quote quote all
y2blade said:
I used ShotDeadInTheHead.com for the first yesterday, got an Email confirming my order and then a lovely email today stating that my order "has been lovingly created and has now been shipped to you."


I'll report back once all my items arrive...so far so good, the website was well laid-out and easy to use.



Perhaps OP should get a grown-up to help him?
Update:
My lovingly prepared package arrived today cool

Great service.
Happy me yes

Stuart

11,585 posts

134 months

[news] 
Thursday 28th June 2012 quote quote all
y2blade said:
Update:
My lovingly prepared package arrived today cool

Great service.
Happy me yes
thumbup

LiamB

6,444 posts

26 months

[news] 
Friday 29th June 2012 quote quote all
Ordered a sticker today, very easy to use website imo.

Hopefully it comes fast as well.

Rusty1

561 posts

73 months

[news] 
Sunday 1st July 2012 quote quote all
i still love my PH Glass, i drink from it every day (and wash it every night) (but its starting to fade frown )

i was going to order the long sleeve tops on the old shop and i went back and it had vanished and become "shot dead in the head"

not ordered anything from there as i just get a feeling from the website that it supplies chav's with all their "Bang tidy" "You like this" stickers.

Bring back the old site, with the old tops, Old Glasses, old stickers!

Grumpy young man!

Stuart

11,585 posts

134 months

[news] 
Sunday 1st July 2012 quote quote all
Rusty1 said:
Bring back the old site, with the old tops, Old Glasses, old stickers!

Grumpy young man!
We'll extend the range to include stuff like this in due course, but your instincts about who shotdead supplies are quite wrong I'm afraid. You can order with confidence.

walm

4,425 posts

85 months

[news] 
Wednesday 1st August 2012 quote quote all
Three things:
1. I never go to the PH homepage - just the forums. From there hover over "Links" and then Shop from the drop down.
Comedy. Link goes to http://www.pistonheads.com/shop/. Which obviously doesn't exist.

Shows how much PH care about the shop!!!

2. Once you have found the shop and click on it from the homepage you are in the site: http://pistonheads.shotdeadinthehead.com/ then foolishly you want say "iPhone Cases". OK they are all ste and not PH related - but I have checked a couple of the iphone case pages out. Use the back button to go back to the Pistonheads bit . Then try to move on one page from Page 1 (either click on the right arrow or "2").
The site just takes you to Page 2 of the iPhone cases or whatever else you were looking at.
This is the url: http://pistonheads.shotdeadinthehead.com/default.a...

So right now it is absolutely impossible to look at anything other than a bunch of shirts with cars on (Page 1 of the PH bit) OR whatever you were looking at before.

I have to completely refresh the PH T-shirts page and THEN click on page 2.
This is Firefox. Have you heard of it?

3. You mix up all the PH items. There is no order - no way to select just shirts or just stickers. While there are only 7 pages - it is still completely terrible site design.
This would be the equivalent of the classified just expecting you to trawl through ALL THE CARS.
I mean - how frigging difficult is it to add a further filter????

I am being completely honest when I say that the lack of a professional website has 100% put me off ordering anything.
And now - hearing from this thread that it takes 7 WORKING DAYS to put a sticker in an envelope and post it!!!!!!

Simply laughable.

Edited by walm on Wednesday 1st August 10:35


Edited by walm on Wednesday 1st August 10:36

Beefmeister

11,868 posts

113 months

[news] 
Wednesday 1st August 2012 quote quote all
I ordered a sticker on a Sunday night and it arrived on Tuesday morning.

Not bad service if you ask me.

Yes, the current shop setup isn't ideal, but I'd imagine that after a while and if it's going well there may well be investment in a custom version of the SDITH site for just PH.

y2blade

54,247 posts

98 months

[news] 
Wednesday 1st August 2012 quote quote all
walm said:
Three things:
1. I never go to the PH homepage - just the forums. From there hover over "Links" and then Shop from the drop down.
Comedy. Link goes to http://www.pistonheads.com/shop/. Which obviously doesn't exist.

Shows how much PH care about the shop!!!

2. Once you have found the shop and click on it from the homepage you are in the site: http://pistonheads.shotdeadinthehead.com/ then foolishly you want say "iPhone Cases". OK they are all ste and not PH related - but I have checked a couple of the iphone case pages out. Use the back button to go back to the Pistonheads bit . Then try to move on one page from Page 1 (either click on the right arrow or "2").
The site just takes you to Page 2 of the iPhone cases or whatever else you were looking at.
This is the url: http://pistonheads.shotdeadinthehead.com/default.a...

So right now it is absolutely impossible to look at anything other than a bunch of shirts with cars on.

I have to completely refresh the PH T-shirts page and THEN click on page 2.
This is Firefox. Have you heard of it?

3. You mix up all the PH items. There is no order - no way to select just shirts or just stickers. While there are only 7 pages - it is still completely terrible site design.
This would be the equivalent of the classified just expecting you to trawl through ALL THE CARS.
I mean - how frigging difficult is it to add a further filter????

I am being completely honest when I say that the lack of a professional website has 100% put me off ordering anything.
And now - hearing from this thread that it takes 7 WORKING DAYS to put a sticker in an envelope post it!!!!!!

Simply laughable.
I had no problem at all using the website or finding the PH Merchandise.

My order was placed on the evening of 25th, arrived on the 28th.....7 days? what school with you not bother going to?

I guess every forum needs a simpleton!

1
3 4
Reply to Topic