Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
2
Reply to Topic
Author Discussion

XJSJohn

Original Poster:

13,846 posts

102 months

[news] 
Tuesday 6th March 2012 quote quote all
Few of us going up - will be in Topaz Section Thursday to Monday, staying in KLCC

Anyone else?


phumy

3,900 posts

120 months

[news] 
Tuesday 6th March 2012 quote quote all
No its a ball ache getting to and from CC to the circuit every day...will do Sing though, you done my T shirt yet, I will be over this Friday.

XJSJohn

Original Poster:

13,846 posts

102 months

[news] 
Tuesday 6th March 2012 quote quote all
phumy said:
No its a ball ache getting to and from CC to the circuit every day...
we have a big beer eski and a bloke with a mini bus for that job ....


phumy said:
will do Sing though, you done my T shirt yet, I will be over this Friday.
will be a few weeks ... just getting the quotes in from all the disreputable companies!


fieldl

1,294 posts

114 months

[news] 
Tuesday 6th March 2012 quote quote all
1st time in 3 years I'm not going. Unfortunately I'll be in the US frown

Berw

1,645 posts

88 months

[news] 
Wednesday 7th March 2012 quote quote all
John I've no plans to go this year, but if I'm in town we can meet for a beer. Best way to go is to get a tame taxi driver to drop you at the Petronas station outside the circuit, use a taxi from the Low Cost Terminal, then on race day as they are going to the airport on the other side of the curcuit enterence they get transfferd by the police to the ouside lane of the opposite carrige way (the 'wrong' side of the road) and drive in fast, they stop and drop you off and you walk up the hill,
Coming back you walk out and down the hill and meet at the petronas station which is on the right side of the road for a fast exit.
This way saves all the trouble of waitng to get in and pout of the car ppark 100Rm each way is top/good rate

if you want the name of a good taxi driverlet me know and I'll PM you the name of the one i use.

This way is hours quicker than trying to drive out yourself.
Advertisement

XJSJohn

Original Poster:

13,846 posts

102 months

[news] 
Wednesday 7th March 2012 quote quote all
Defo give you a shout for them beers, looks like i will be in town next weekend too!

Great tips that will be used!

And yes please on contact details of your good taxi driver!


heffernj

38 posts

129 months

[news] 
Wednesday 7th March 2012 quote quote all
Yea I'll be there by the looks of things... Haven't been checking on here much which I think is down to the fact that Singapore doesn't come close to meeting my octane ambitions.

Planning on driving up (hire car) and staying KLCC ish way I guess as at least it's okay for evening drinks etc.

Maybe meet up there if you guys are flying?

James

XJSJohn

Original Poster:

13,846 posts

102 months

[news] 
Wednesday 7th March 2012 quote quote all
heffernj said:
Yea I'll be there by the looks of things... Haven't been checking on here much which I think is down to the fact that Singapore doesn't come close to meeting my octane ambitions.

Planning on driving up (hire car) and staying KLCC ish way I guess as at least it's okay for evening drinks etc.

Maybe meet up there if you guys are flying?

James
Yea driving up too, probably sneaking out / up on Thursday evening and also staying in KLCC!

Always up for a beer!

heffernj

38 posts

129 months

[news] 
Thursday 8th March 2012 quote quote all
What is the Topaz section like? never wanted to spend much on that GP sp normally go for C2 hillstand (covered).

I'll have to wait until Saturday morning to head up there by the looks of things - mate has to work Friday!

J

XJSJohn

Original Poster:

13,846 posts

102 months

[news] 
Thursday 8th March 2012 quote quote all
heffernj said:
What is the Topaz section like? never wanted to spend much on that GP sp normally go for C2 hillstand (covered).

I'll have to wait until Saturday morning to head up there by the looks of things - mate has to work Friday!

J
its not bad, you can see the whole south section of the circuit as well as teh back strait (second half of the V - Berw will be along to tell me the correct name for that bit of teh track hehe )



Berw

1,645 posts

88 months

[news] 
Thursday 8th March 2012 quote quote all
You can see the tunr to turn 7 to the entry to turn 15, you should have agood view of the overtaking at turn 9

XJSJohn

Original Poster:

13,846 posts

102 months

[news] 
Thursday 8th March 2012 quote quote all
Berw said:
You can see the tunr to turn 7 to the entry to turn 15, you should have agood view of the overtaking at turn 9
yea, that's what i meant wink cheers thumbup

Berw

1,645 posts

88 months

[news] 
Thursday 8th March 2012 quote quote all
So what about arranging a drink meet? Not yet sure I will be in town the weekend of the F1 and I'm not there this weekend.

XJSJohn

Original Poster:

13,846 posts

102 months

[news] 
Thursday 8th March 2012 quote quote all
sounds like a plan ....

i will be in KL 16th - 18th (next weekend) and 22nd to 25th, although thinking of maybe sneaking up a day earlier and pretending to work ...

then i will have just about run out of space in the passport and be trapped in Sg for 6 weeks or so nuts


heffernj

38 posts

129 months

[news] 
Friday 9th March 2012 quote quote all
Now you've reminded me about my passport almost being full! Think only 1 page left!

Looks like I'll be around KL Saturday night .. Bukit Bintang is the norm for bars isn't it? It's been a year so I may have forgotten and happy to be told there are much better places!

J

Berw

1,645 posts

88 months

[news] 
Friday 9th March 2012 quote quote all
I will be in KL the weekend of 17-18 and the GP weekend, suggest we try to have beer meet in Bukit Bingtang, what about the evening of Friday 23rd of Saturday 24th,

John if we use the Green man in Chankit, I'm fairly certain I could negotiate a dicount on the beer.

XJSJohn

Original Poster:

13,846 posts

102 months

[news] 
Friday 9th March 2012 quote quote all
heffernj said:
Now you've reminded me about my passport almost being full! Think only 1 page left!


J
See my tread on the fiasco of getting the damn thing replaced - although have been put ont a fast track solution too!

XJSJohn

Original Poster:

13,846 posts

102 months

[news] 
Friday 9th March 2012 quote quote all
Berw said:
I will be in KL the weekend of 17-18 and the GP weekend, suggest we try to have beer meet in Bukit Bingtang, what about the evening of Friday 23rd of Saturday 24th,

John if we use the Green man in Chankit, I'm fairly certain I could negotiate a dicount on the beer.
Sounds like a plan !!!

Who else?

Nick M

3,400 posts

106 months

[news] 
Friday 9th March 2012 quote quote all

Will be down there with some friends who are stopping off on their way back from the Melbourne GP the weekend before. Will be in the K1 stand at the end of the pit straight.

Will be braving the traffic and driving, just accepting it will take a while - going to be down there Saturday and Sunday, maybe even the Friday, so can't be done with fannying around with taxis, particularly having witnessed the chaos at the end of the Moto GP event - people and taxis everywhere hehe !! Have a parking ticket for the car park behind the K1 stand so not far to walk to and from the car.

Might try and get down to the Green Man on the Friday night, seeing as it's not an early start the next day...

XJSJohn

Original Poster:

13,846 posts

102 months

[news] 
Friday 9th March 2012 quote quote all
not sure if driving to circuit or taxi'ing, will see what teh rest of our lot are doing first - but either way, watch out for an SG registered banana yellow 370Z biggrin

Green man sounds cool too!
2
Reply to Topic