Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
TOPIC CLOSED
Author Discussion

esvcg

Original Poster:

547 posts

71 months

[news] 
Monday 21st November 2011 quote quote all
Watched this last night and thought it was very good; for the car, the factory, the workers and the processes involved.

Posting because I think any petrol head would love watching this program if they haven't already seen it.

Probably on iplayer, or your tellys on demand service.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b017t722


Vladimir

6,917 posts

44 months

[news] 
Monday 21st November 2011 quote quote all
I liked it too - pretty down to Earth, very interesting, made me want one!

StottyZr

5,171 posts

49 months

[news] 
Monday 21st November 2011 quote quote all
Thanks for this. I love programs like this, I'll try watch it tonight. I find Megafactories is very good (especially the one on the LP670-SV)

R300will

3,724 posts

37 months

[news] 
Monday 21st November 2011 quote quote all
Really interesting to watch. Also glad to see females getting stuck into mechanics, you don't see it often enough. My OH has no concept of what is under the bonnet apart from where the washer bottle is. Something as simple as a puncture she's stuck.

RobCrezz

7,854 posts

94 months

[news] 
Monday 21st November 2011 quote quote all
Yeah it was a good program, few things wrong with the narration though, but thats fine if your not really picky.
Advertisement

SWoll

5,037 posts

144 months

[news] 
Monday 21st November 2011 quote quote all
Loved the stuff about the colour of the rubber wheels on the castors for the transport frames being the slightly the wrong colour when delivered.

Attention to detail and all that, but perhaps a little too clinical/anal?

Still having trouble finding the car an "object of desire" though. Just seems to be missing a certain something...

Podie

41,522 posts

161 months

[news] 
Monday 21st November 2011 quote quote all
esvcg said:
Watched this last night and thought it was very good; for the car, the factory, the workers and the processes involved.
I thought it was a bit "Fisher Price" actually. None of the testing stuff varies for any mainstream production vehicle, so the only specific McLaren bits were really the factory and the bespoke car assembly.

grim_d

736 posts

76 months

[news] 
Monday 21st November 2011 quote quote all
RobCrezz said:
Yeah it was a good program, few things wrong with the narration though, but thats fine if your not really picky.
Using elephants as a unit of measurement stuck out for me. hehe

Mikeyplum

1,241 posts

55 months

[news] 
Monday 21st November 2011 quote quote all
SWoll said:
Still having trouble finding the car an "object of desire" though. Just seems to be missing a certain something...
I agree.

Ron Dennis said in the film that the objective was to have a decluttered environment to declutter the brain. Then, fill the end result with colour etc and that pops out from the clinical environment.

However, IMO, the car is just as clinical as the environment it was built in. Doesn't give me that urge to want one.

RobCrezz

7,854 posts

94 months

[news] 
Monday 21st November 2011 quote quote all
grim_d said:
Using elephants as a unit of measurement stuck out for me. hehe
hehe

This engine is a V8, which is two 4 stroke engines.... eh!

R300will

3,724 posts

37 months

[news] 
Monday 21st November 2011 quote quote all
RobCrezz said:
grim_d said:
Using elephants as a unit of measurement stuck out for me. hehe
hehe

This engine is a V8, which is two 4 stroke engines.... eh!
yeah that bit confused me too

Zwolf

24,563 posts

92 months

[news] 
Monday 21st November 2011 quote quote all
SWoll said:
Attention to detail and all that, but perhaps a little too clinical/anal?
That's all part of the "brand" you're buying into as envisaged by Ron OCDennis as I understand it. He's more than a little obsessive about the minutiae as much as the big things by every account I've ever read of him.


Matt172

11,607 posts

130 months

[news] 
Monday 21st November 2011 quote quote all
there is a thread already running here

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&a...
TOPIC CLOSED