PistonHeads.com Forum

Homeland

Author
Discussion

Japveesix

2,767 posts

70 months

Saturday 3rd March 2012
quotequote all
Halb said:
Holy smoke, I am several minutes into the second episode and I have only just realised that Inigo Montoya is in it!
Not only has it got Inigo Montoya in it (which is clearly awesome) but the second episode also had David St Hubbins of Spinal Tap fame!

I love it so far, think Clare Danes and Damian Lewis are both excellent, enjoying the development of it, really like the high quality American production (something UK shows rarely match) and not really sure how it'll turn out at all.

All in all looking forward to the next episode smile

SpeedBash

1,111 posts

89 months

Monday 5th March 2012
quotequote all
Prior to this being broadcast in the US, I saw a preview trailer which made it look meh so when it started in the UK, I was in no rush to watch it.

Started watching it last week and am really enjoying it so far but am a litle un-sure how they are going to extend the premise beyond one season/series.

Have read some articles that mention it is a re-make of an Israeli series, Hatufim, which is due to be broadcast on Sky Arts in May: http://skyarts.sky.com/prisoners-of-war-hatufim

Ayahuasca

19,181 posts

181 months

Monday 5th March 2012
quotequote all
If you like Homeland then 'Breaking Bad' is a must-see.


Luke.

6,839 posts

152 months

Monday 5th March 2012
quotequote all
Ayahuasca said:
If you like Homeland then 'Breaking Bad' is a must-see.
That's like saying if you like Chinese, you'll love Indian.

Ayahuasca

19,181 posts

181 months

Monday 5th March 2012
quotequote all
Luke. said:
Ayahuasca said:
If you like Homeland then 'Breaking Bad' is a must-see.
That's like saying if you like Chinese, you'll love Indian.
It's saying if you like high quality, high budget, well scripted and well produced drama you will love high quality, high budget, well scripted and well produced drama that has better cinematography. wink

Advertisement

Halb

29,047 posts

85 months

Monday 5th March 2012
quotequote all
Ayahuasca said:
Luke. said:
Ayahuasca said:
If you like Homeland then 'Breaking Bad' is a must-see.
That's like saying if you like Chinese, you'll love Indian.
It's saying if you like high quality, high budget, well scripted and well produced drama you will love high quality, high budget, well scripted and well produced drama that has better cinematography. wink
Then you might as well say you'll like Sky Atlantic/HBO thenbiggrin

rupert the dog

1,393 posts

119 months

Monday 5th March 2012
quotequote all
Halb said:
Then you might as well say you'll like Sky Atlantic/HBO thenbiggrin
But be fair, Breaking Bad is pretty damn good (when's it back?)

Halb

29,047 posts

85 months

Monday 5th March 2012
quotequote all
rupert the dog said:
Halb said:
Then you might as well say you'll like Sky Atlantic/HBO thenbiggrin
But be fair, Breaking Bad is pretty damn good (when's it back?)
Never seen it.

Oakey

18,960 posts

118 months

Tuesday 6th March 2012
quotequote all
"An American soldier has been turned..."

to Islam!!

That's the twist I bet. Am I right or am I right?

ItsaTVR

254 posts

55 months

Tuesday 6th March 2012
quotequote all
SpeedBash said:
Started watching it last week and am really enjoying it so far but am a little un-sure how they are going to extend the premise beyond one season/series.

Have read some articles that mention it is a re-make of an Israeli series, Hatufim, which is due to be broadcast on Sky Arts in May: http://skyarts.sky.com/prisoners-of-war-hatufim
Maybe he'll wake up and find it was all a dream and he's still in Iraq...
Or She'll realize she was hallucinating the whole thing... or a man in a bowtie scoops him away in his blue (It's bigger on the inside!) box smile

Never under-estimate US TV's ability to 'jump the shark" as the saying goes, and turn gold into ste.

Tonsko

4,741 posts

117 months

Tuesday 6th March 2012
quotequote all
At least they have some gold. In the UK we have Luther...and...um...

mammamia

130 posts

71 months

Tuesday 6th March 2012
quotequote all
I,m just watching it for the lovely ladies.

papercup

2,381 posts

121 months

Tuesday 6th March 2012
quotequote all
Halb said:
Never seen it.
It is far, far better then this. They ought not to be mentioned in the same breath.

jodypress

1,597 posts

176 months

Tuesday 6th March 2012
quotequote all
papercup said:
Halb said:
Never seen it.
It is far, far better then this. They ought not to be mentioned in the same breath.
+ 1. I'd even go so far as saying Breaking Bad (all 4 seasons) is almost on par with The Wire. Homeland on the other hand is almost as frustrating and disappointing as Lost.

Gazzas86

1,344 posts

73 months

Tuesday 6th March 2012
quotequote all
jodypress said:
papercup said:
Halb said:
Never seen it.
It is far, far better then this. They ought not to be mentioned in the same breath.
+ 1. I'd even go so far as saying Breaking Bad (all 4 seasons) is almost on par with The Wire. Homeland on the other hand is almost as frustrating and disappointing as Lost.
I've watched all of Homeland / Game of Thrones / Spartacus even the old ones such as Prison Break / Heroes / 24 and i'm currently watching The Walking Dead.... I think i might start watching Alcatraz....
From my list of past / present tv series would you say i would get on with Breaking bad??

jodypress

1,597 posts

176 months

Tuesday 6th March 2012
quotequote all
Gazzas86 said:
I've watched all of Homeland / Game of Thrones / Spartacus even the old ones such as Prison Break / Heroes / 24 and i'm currently watching The Walking Dead.... I think i might start watching Alcatraz....
From my list of past / present tv series would you say i would get on with Breaking bad??
I think you would for sure. Breaking Bad is one of those shows where the quality of the writing, character development and acting just improves as the show progresses. Similar to The Wire.

Personally I stopped watching Walking Dead after the first few episodes of Season 2.

Gazzas86

1,344 posts

73 months

Tuesday 6th March 2012
quotequote all
jodypress said:
Gazzas86 said:
I've watched all of Homeland / Game of Thrones / Spartacus even the old ones such as Prison Break / Heroes / 24 and i'm currently watching The Walking Dead.... I think i might start watching Alcatraz....
From my list of past / present tv series would you say i would get on with Breaking bad??
I think you would for sure. Breaking Bad is one of those shows where the quality of the writing, character development and acting just improves as the show progresses. Similar to The Wire.

Personally I stopped watching Walking Dead after the first few episodes of Season 2.
aghh. ive just watched Ep1 of Season 2..... however on another thread it does apparently get better in the 2nd half of the season.

Turbodiesel1690

1,894 posts

72 months

Tuesday 6th March 2012
quotequote all
I thought the first 2 episodes of homeland were very gripping, the 3rd, not so much. Apart from the Saudi Prince bumming the blonde bint

Gazzas86

1,344 posts

73 months

Tuesday 6th March 2012
quotequote all
Turbodiesel1690 said:
I thought the first 2 episodes of homeland were very gripping, the 3rd, not so much. Apart from the Saudi Prince bumming the blonde bint
Yea that was a good episode, even Clarkson commented on that scene, anyone know if theres a new Season in the pipeline, cant look on work computers :S

Turbodiesel1690

1,894 posts

72 months

Tuesday 6th March 2012
quotequote all
According to wikipedia, second season is in production smile