PistonHeads.com Forum

Taken 2

Author
Discussion

McClure

2,172 posts

51 months

Friday 18th May 2012
quotequote all
I thought the first one was predictable, uninspiring bilge.

getmecoat

SpeedBash

Original Poster:

1,126 posts

92 months

Tuesday 19th June 2012
quotequote all
Official poster released.


Halb

30,545 posts

88 months

Tuesday 19th June 2012
quotequote all
Goodie!

goldblum

10,272 posts

72 months

Wednesday 20th June 2012
quotequote all
rolleyes

How can they come looking for him? I thought he killed all the Albanians in existence France.


swiftpete

1,772 posts

98 months

Wednesday 20th June 2012
quotequote all
The first one would probably have been a forgettable film if it had someone like Colin Farrell or something in it. It was formulaic, predictable and the story was simple. However having Liam Neeson kicking the st out of everybody he sees in very efficient, realistic looking fight scenes really made the film and I loved it. The most important thing was that it had pace and was entertaining. If a film has those two qualities, that is all it needs as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by swiftpete on Wednesday 20th June 10:54

Advertisement

Raify

6,552 posts

153 months

Wednesday 20th June 2012
quotequote all
goldblum said:
rolleyes

How can they come looking for him? I thought he killed all the Albanians in existence France.
1st post in this thread: imdb says "the FATHER of one of the kidnappers..."

goldblum

10,272 posts

72 months

Wednesday 20th June 2012
quotequote all
Raify said:
goldblum said:
rolleyes

How can they come looking for him? I thought he killed all the Albanians in existence France.
1st post in this thread: imdb says "the FATHER of one of the kidnappers..."
Hold on..the FATHER? wow. Neeson's being chased by a seventy year old? I hope there's not too much hand to hand stuff,don't want Liam getting hurt.smile

Halb

30,545 posts

88 months

Wednesday 20th June 2012
quotequote all
goldblum said:
Hold on..the FATHER? wow. Neeson's being chased by a seventy year old? I hope there's not too much hand to hand stuff,don't want Liam getting hurt.smile
Brayan said:
Now's not the time for dick measuring, Goldblum!

goldblum

10,272 posts

72 months

Wednesday 20th June 2012
quotequote all
biggrin

LuS1fer

32,261 posts

150 months

Wednesday 20th June 2012
quotequote all
goldblum said:
Hold on..the FATHER? wow. Neeson's being chased by a seventy year old? I hope there's not too much hand to hand stuff,don't want Liam getting hurt.smile
Isn't Neeson about 68 though? wink

goldblum

10,272 posts

72 months

Wednesday 20th June 2012
quotequote all
LuS1fer said:
goldblum said:
Hold on..the FATHER? wow. Neeson's being chased by a seventy year old? I hope there's not too much hand to hand stuff,don't want Liam getting hurt.smile
Isn't Neeson about 68 though? wink
Ha yes.Advantage Neeson!

P-Jay

7,498 posts

96 months

Wednesday 20th June 2012
quotequote all
swiftpete said:
The first one would probably have been a forgettable film if it had someone like Colin Farrell or something in it. It was formulaic, predictable and the story was simple. However having Liam Neeson kicking the st out of everybody he sees in very efficient, realistic looking fight scenes really made the film and I loved it. The most important thing was that it had pace and was entertaining. If a film has those two qualities, that is all it needs as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by swiftpete on Wednesday 20th June 10:54
True,

Oh and Holly Vallance, lest we forget!

SpeedBash

Original Poster:

1,126 posts

92 months

Wednesday 20th June 2012
quotequote all
swiftpete said:
The first one would probably have been a forgettable film if it had someone like Colin Farrell or something in it. It was formulaic, predictable and the story was simple. However having Liam Neeson kicking the st out of everybody he sees in very efficient, realistic looking fight scenes really made the film and I loved it. The most important thing was that it had pace and was entertaining. If a film has those two qualities, that is all it needs as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by swiftpete on Wednesday 20th June 10:54
Agreed, it was a surprise to see Neeson in an out-and-out action role.

In fact, the original films success was a surprise to Neeson himself - fast forward to 1m 15s: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtWnlnvRm-k

Guvernator

5,296 posts

70 months

Thursday 21st June 2012
quotequote all
I enjoyed the first one immensely. Yes it wasn't big or clever but that is the whole point. It was immense fun, well paced, had great action scenes and good turn from Neeson. It's uncomplicated nature harked back to decent revenge\action films of old which is a refreshing change from all the oh so clever action movies we seem to get these days.

The only point I will make is that they seem to be stretching for the plot for number 2. The father of one of the original victims? Lol

Why didn't they just come up with a totally new story for number 2? Oh and Neeson getting punked\kidnapped after we've seen just what a badass he is in the first one. No sorry, just not buying it.

Big Worm 1

457 posts

69 months

Thursday 21st June 2012
quotequote all
Apologies if anyone has put this up already, but here's the trailer for Taken 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFZ2eQ0PpW4

Nyphur

3,250 posts

93 months

Thursday 21st June 2012
quotequote all
Big Worm 1 said:
Apologies if anyone has put this up already, but here's the trailer for Taken 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFZ2eQ0PpW4
I loved Taken, and was really looking forward to the sequel. That trailer does not fill me with confidence frown

El Guapo

2,496 posts

95 months

Friday 22nd June 2012
quotequote all
It should be remembered that 98.3% of Hollywood sequels are utter crap, even if the original was OK.

VinceFox

20,167 posts

77 months

Friday 22nd June 2012
quotequote all
Takenerer?

smartypants

25,066 posts

74 months

Friday 22nd June 2012
quotequote all
On first viewing I loved Taken, just right up my street. On second viewing it didn't hold up, and bloody Shee-rah or Holly Valance was a cringeworthy plot line. I was also routing for the daughter to end up dead she was that irritating.

I don't think this will fair well unfortunately. I wish I had not watched Taken again, I might have been up for this one!


Halb

30,545 posts

88 months

Friday 22nd June 2012
quotequote all
VinceFox said:
Takenerer?
The Hungarians Take Back?