Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
Reply to Topic
Author Discussion

hornetrider

Original Poster:

45,897 posts

85 months

[news] 
Saturday 6th October 2012 quote quote all
Kicked off tonight.

Awesome. My planner will be taking a hammering.

Tycho

8,372 posts

153 months

[news] 
Saturday 6th October 2012 quote quote all
Had it on all day in work! Great stuff, watched Dr. No, The Spy Who Loved Me, The Living Daylights and currently 25 min in to Goldeneye!

toastybase

913 posts

88 months

[news] 
Saturday 6th October 2012 quote quote all
Tycho said:
Had it on all day in work! Great stuff, watched Dr. No, The Spy Who Loved Me, The Living Daylights and currently 25 min in to Goldeneye!
Hmm..do you really watch TV as a job then?

Keyser Soze

13,029 posts

71 months

[news] 
Saturday 6th October 2012 quote quote all
Casino Royals and currently watching Diamonds Are Forever

Loving it

Connery is definitely my favourite although DC runs him a close second

The OH loves the books too we have most of them

Terminator X

4,146 posts

84 months

[news] 
Saturday 6th October 2012 quote quote all
Love the Bond films, like what daniel craig has done to the character.

TX.
Advertisement

Silver Smudger

1,841 posts

47 months

[news] 
Saturday 6th October 2012 quote quote all
Got most of the films on my planner already, as ITV has just about finished showing them all in HD for free (and some of them have not aged well compared to my memories of them!)

Is there really enough love for Bond content to justify a whole channel, just for him? How many times will anyone want to watch them again, and again?

I was really surprised to see this channel announced, I would imagine that proper 007 fanatics would have picked up a box-set, or at least BluRays of their favourites, by now

Keyser Soze

13,029 posts

71 months

[news] 
Sunday 7th October 2012 quote quote all
Silver Smudger said:
Got most of the films on my planner already, as ITV has just about finished showing them all in HD for free (and some of them have not aged well compared to my memories of them!)

Is there really enough love for Bond content to justify a whole channel, just for him? How many times will anyone want to watch them again, and again?

I was really surprised to see this channel announced, I would imagine that proper 007 fanatics would have picked up a box-set, or at least BluRays of their favourites, by now
I don't assume its a permanent fixture just for a month or so to celebrate 50 years

Is it permanent then?

vladcjelli

1,796 posts

38 months

[news] 
Sunday 7th October 2012 quote quote all
Sean Connery for the period.

Roger Moore for the kids.

Daniel Craig for the grown ups.

Just watched the last half hour or so of Diamond Are Forever, and carried straight on to Man With the Golden Gun.

Enjoying it while it lasts.

They have dated, inevitable I suppose. Waiting for the comment from my boys, "Why didn't he just photo the documents on his phone and email it straight to HQ?".

hornetrider

Original Poster:

45,897 posts

85 months

[news] 
Sunday 7th October 2012 quote quote all
Keyser Soze said:
I don't assume its a permanent fixture just for a month or so to celebrate 50 years
Correct

Silver Smudger

1,841 posts

47 months

[news] 
Sunday 7th October 2012 quote quote all
hornetrider said:
Keyser Soze said:
I don't assume its a permanent fixture just for a month or so to celebrate 50 years
Correct
OK - Never mind...

getmecoat

Tycho

8,372 posts

153 months

[news] 
Sunday 7th October 2012 quote quote all
toastybase said:
Tycho said:
Had it on all day in work! Great stuff, watched Dr. No, The Spy Who Loved Me, The Living Daylights and currently 25 min in to Goldeneye!
Hmm..do you really watch TV as a job then?
Yep. Work at Sky on the broadcast side.

mcelliott

2,241 posts

61 months

[news] 
Sunday 7th October 2012 quote quote all
Watched Casino Royale earlier ( managed to spot Richard Branson going through security at the airport) and now watching Moonraker. From the sublime to the ridiculous!

Keyser Soze

13,029 posts

71 months

[news] 
Sunday 7th October 2012 quote quote all
mcelliott said:
Watched Casino Royale earlier ( managed to spot Richard Branson going through security at the airport) and now watching Moonraker. From the sublime to the ridiculous!
Have watched Casino Royals, Quantum of Solace (slightly better than I remembered), Live and Let Die and Diamonds are Forever

I do really like Daniel Craig as Bond

jontymo

596 posts

30 months

[news] 
Sunday 7th October 2012 quote quote all
Agree with most but i do think Pierce was great and even better years later, Goldeneye was one of the best starts to a bond movie although behind DC in Casino Royale.

Halb

21,832 posts

63 months

[news] 
Tuesday 9th October 2012 quote quote all
They should take this chance to show documentaries, interviews and spoofs as well, like Flynn and that awful film that Connery's brother was in.biggrin

hornetrider

Original Poster:

45,897 posts

85 months

[news] 
Wednesday 10th October 2012 quote quote all
jontymo said:
Agree with most but i do think Pierce was great and even better years later, Goldeneye was one of the best starts to a bond movie although behind DC in Casino Royale.
I always rated Goldeneye as one of the better ones and certainly a storming debut from Brosnan, however revisiting it now after a few years and boy has it dated.
Reply to Topic