Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
2
Reply to Topic
Author Discussion

944fan

Original Poster:

3,039 posts

70 months

[news] 
Friday 12th October 2012 quote quote all
Just a heads up, back on tonight BBC1 9:00PM.

That is all.

ajprice

9,981 posts

81 months

[news] 
Friday 12th October 2012 quote quote all
Thanks.

Clare Balding hosting, with Ken Livingstone and Graham Linehan. Ken should be interesting with Boris at the conference this week hehe

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01nd9dc

shakotan

6,788 posts

81 months

[news] 
Friday 12th October 2012 quote quote all
Interestingly serious segment on Jimmy Savile there...

hornetrider

48,289 posts

90 months

[news] 
Friday 12th October 2012 quote quote all
shakotan said:
Interestingly serious segment on Jimmy Savile there...
It all went a bit serious eh

princealbert23

265 posts

46 months

[news] 
Friday 12th October 2012 quote quote all
shakotan said:
Interestingly serious segment on Jimmy Savile there...
Yes very self justifying and making sure their BBC contracts get renewed

Advertisement

hidetheelephants

8,021 posts

78 months

[news] 
Friday 12th October 2012 quote quote all
Fair few tumbleweed moments; the scriptwriters need a rocket. Ken might as well not be there.

shakotan

6,788 posts

81 months

[news] 
Friday 12th October 2012 quote quote all
hidetheelephants said:
Fair few tumbleweed moments; the scriptwriters need a rocket.
Balding's 9/11 comment fell pretty short...

Spiffing

1,498 posts

95 months

[news] 
Friday 12th October 2012 quote quote all
I like the way it has the confidence to not be funny and discuss a topic seriously for 5 mins.
Graham has already started his collection of badges going on Twitter.

princealbert23

265 posts

46 months

[news] 
Friday 12th October 2012 quote quote all
Spiffing said:
I like the way it has the confidence to not be funny and discuss a topic seriously for 5 mins.
Graham has already started his collection of badges going on Twitter.
I am looking forward to the time the 6 o clock news has the confidence to do a 5 minute comedy slot

Sprouts

857 posts

74 months

[news] 
Friday 12th October 2012 quote quote all
Good stuff. only I have to wait till someone puts it on you tube.

CoolC

2,578 posts

99 months

[news] 
Friday 12th October 2012 quote quote all
Spiffing said:

Graham has already started his collection of badges going on Twitter.
when he said that I had a thought and looked on Ebay to see what they are going for/see if anyone is now trying to off load theirs. There are quite a few on there all well over £100, I was quite surprised.

EDLT

14,713 posts

91 months

[news] 
Friday 12th October 2012 quote quote all
CoolC said:
Spiffing said:

Graham has already started his collection of badges going on Twitter.
when he said that I had a thought and looked on Ebay to see what they are going for/see if anyone is now trying to off load theirs. There are quite a few on there all well over £100, I was quite surprised.
It doesn't have to be 'nice' to be collectible, people collect Nazi stuff after all.

I think HIGNFY was all a bit too serious. The Daily Soov part, while worthy of discussion, had very little to do with anything.

Spiffing

1,498 posts

95 months

[news] 
Friday 12th October 2012 quote quote all
princealbert23 said:
I am looking forward to the time the 6 o clock news has the confidence to do a 5 minute comedy slot
I think they handled sexual abuse in a sensitive, intelligent and worthwhile way. It's not like they have it every week, but I appreciated the change in mood. Each to their own smile

RESSE

3,639 posts

106 months

[news] 
Friday 12th October 2012 quote quote all
hidetheelephants said:
Fair few tumbleweed moments; the scriptwriters need a rocket. Ken might as well not be there.
Ken Livingstone:
Good if he wasn't anywhere.


hidetheelephants

8,021 posts

78 months

[news] 
Friday 12th October 2012 quote quote all
EDLT said:
I think HIGNFY was all a bit too serious. The Daily Soov part, while worthy of discussion, had very little to do with anything.
It's relevant as the media are massively hypocritical.
Spiffing said:
princealbert23 said:
I am looking forward to the time the 6 o clock news has the confidence to do a 5 minute comedy slot
I think they handled sexual abuse in a sensitive, intelligent and worthwhile way. It's not like they have it every week, but I appreciated the change in mood. Each to their own smile
I agree; they couldn't ignore it, especially given the fake transcript bks; the actual footage of that show was interesting(and nauseating).

Symbolica

9,988 posts

100 months

[news] 
Friday 12th October 2012 quote quote all
EDLT said:
I think HIGNFY was all a bit too serious. The Daily Soov part, while worthy of discussion, had very little to do with anything.
To be fair, a newspaper which has the gaul to rant and rave about Saville whilst dribbling over teenage girls (and posting a colossal number of articles - with pictures - about them on its website) is pretty embarrassing.

shakotan

6,788 posts

81 months

[news] 
Friday 12th October 2012 quote quote all
I quite like commenting "How's your campaign about the de-sexualisation of women going, Daily Mail?" on their questionable articles.

Oddly it never gets published...

Mr_B

6,132 posts

128 months

[news] 
Friday 12th October 2012 quote quote all
shakotan said:
hidetheelephants said:
Fair few tumbleweed moments; the scriptwriters need a rocket.
Balding's 9/11 comment fell pretty short...
I thought the joke a brilliant piss take, really very good and quite cutting. Had that exact same joke been by someone with comic ability, the audience would have been laughing.

hidetheelephants

8,021 posts

78 months

[news] 
Saturday 13th October 2012 quote quote all
Mr_B said:
shakotan said:
hidetheelephants said:
Fair few tumbleweed moments; the scriptwriters need a rocket.
Balding's 9/11 comment fell pretty short...
I thought the joke a brilliant piss take, really very good and quite cutting. Had that exact same joke been by someone with comic ability, the audience would have been laughing.
She's a straight man, not a funny man; if the script monkeys had actually written lines for that kind of delivery they might have got laughs. Blaming her for not being Angus Deayton or Alexander Armstrong is a bit rich.

condor

6,626 posts

133 months

[news] 
Saturday 13th October 2012 quote quote all
Sprouts said:
Good stuff. only I have to wait till someone puts it on you tube.
Me too - I thought it would have been available on i-player but seems it isn't.
2
Reply to Topic