Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
2 3 ... 22 23
Reply to Topic
Author Discussion

Gillet

Original Poster:

635 posts

95 months

[news] 
Wednesday 2nd February 2011 quote quote all
Did anyone else watch this last night? Was absolutely brillant.

By half way through the 1st episode you knew all the characters, and you could see some of those who would become bigger as the series carries on. Great storyline so far, great acting, visually its spot on, can't fault it really.

Steve Buscemi is just so watchable, brilliant actor.

Highly recommended series, I am hooked and will definately be watching.

Pothole

20,260 posts

168 months

[news] 
Wednesday 2nd February 2011 quote quote all
enjoyed it, although according to the doc afterwards, somebody bigger should be playing Buscemi's part.

rudecherub

1,954 posts

52 months

[news] 
Wednesday 2nd February 2011 quote quote all
I've seen the whole series to date, and it's very well done, the sense of time and place is fantastic. Occasionally it seems a tad slow moving, but I never found it boring, because it is visually arresting and very well acted.
These slower moments actually prove more important later on as the back story unfolds.

Pothole

20,260 posts

168 months

[news] 
Wednesday 2nd February 2011 quote quote all
and it's BOARDWALK, by the way.

Don Veloci

1,146 posts

167 months

[news] 
Wednesday 2nd February 2011 quote quote all
Omar (The wire) was on screen for about 2 seconds - A tiny bit part or a character that is seen more?
Advertisement

rudecherub

1,954 posts

52 months

[news] 
Wednesday 2nd February 2011 quote quote all
Don Veloci said:
Omar (The wire) was on screen for about 2 seconds - A tiny bit part or a character that is seen more?
Chalky White is a important character

davepoth

23,354 posts

85 months

[news] 
Wednesday 2nd February 2011 quote quote all
"I ain't building no bookcases"

wink

rudecherub

1,954 posts

52 months

[news] 
Wednesday 2nd February 2011 quote quote all
davepoth said:
"I ain't building no bookcases"

wink
One of my favourite scenes that. Memorable.

Gillet

Original Poster:

635 posts

95 months

[news] 
Wednesday 2nd February 2011 quote quote all
Pothole said:
and it's BOARDWALK, by the way.
oops! I obviously paid loads of attention to the name - hahaha.

Sounds like it gets better and better, will definately be watching it all.

Pothole

20,260 posts

168 months

[news] 
Wednesday 2nd February 2011 quote quote all
Gillet said:
oops! I obviously paid loads of attention to the name - hahaha.

Sounds like it gets better and better, will definately be watching it all.
lol

Northern Munkee

4,200 posts

86 months

[news] 
Wednesday 2nd February 2011 quote quote all
Pretty good, Scorsese love of the rolling stones made the title music a little odd, and I thought buscemi doing... Well buscemi, was watchable. Still trying to get the female corpse from the funeral home out of my mind, was she wearing a wig, or did she grow her hair for the part...

Big Raff

529 posts

57 months

[news] 
Thursday 3rd February 2011 quote quote all
Northern Munkee said:
Pretty good, Scorsese love of the rolling stones made the title music a little odd, and I thought buscemi doing... Well buscemi, was watchable. Still trying to get the female corpse from the funeral home out of my mind, was she wearing a wig, or did she grow her hair for the part...
Either way it was impressive!

Is it only me though who thinks that there are too many adverts? Even with Sky+ it is annoying!

Apart from that i am enjoying it so far...

jodypress

1,481 posts

160 months

[news] 
Thursday 3rd February 2011 quote quote all
Big Raff said:
Either way it was impressive!

Is it only me though who thinks that there are too many adverts? Even with Sky+ it is annoying!

Apart from that i am enjoying it so far...
That's why I watched the HBO version when it was aired in the USA. No adverts....bliss cloud9

mcflurry

7,903 posts

139 months

[news] 
Thursday 3rd February 2011 quote quote all
Big Raff said:
Is it only me though who thinks that there are too many adverts? Even with Sky+ it is annoying!
They put it on Sky Anytime the following morning smile

zapbrannigan

260 posts

70 months

[news] 
Thursday 3rd February 2011 quote quote all
Northern Munkee said:
Still trying to get the female corpse from the funeral home out of my mind, was she wearing a wig, or did she grow her hair for the part...
She was wearing a Merkin: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merkin

...at least I hope she was!

monthefish

18,003 posts

117 months

[news] 
Thursday 3rd February 2011 quote quote all
rudecherub said:
I've seen the whole series to date, and it's very well done, the sense of time and place is fantastic. Occasionally it seems a tad slow moving, but I never found it boring, because it is visually arresting and very well acted.
yes
The 'atmosphere' is excellent.
Really enjoying it so far.

davepoth

23,354 posts

85 months

[news] 
Thursday 3rd February 2011 quote quote all
jodypress said:
That's why I watched the HBO version when it was aired in the USA. No adverts....bliss cloud9
That's why I watched the HBO version the morning after it was aired in the USA. No adverts...bliss cloud9

whistle

bigtomski

227 posts

82 months

[news] 
Thursday 3rd February 2011 quote quote all
I've watched the whole series and pretty much loved every minute of it.
I actually think the 1st episode is not that great, too much annoying music in it for my taste, but as a series it gets better and better!
Great to see Stephen Graham from This is England playing Al Capone.



Edited by bigtomski on Thursday 3rd February 21:33

davepoth

23,354 posts

85 months

[news] 
Thursday 3rd February 2011 quote quote all
bigtomski said:
I've watched the whole series and pretty much loved every minute of it.
I actually think the 1st episode is not that great, too much annoying music in it for my taste, but as a series it gets better and better!
Great to see Stephen Graham from This is England playing Al Capone.

Edited by bigtomski on Thursday 3rd February 21:33
Yeah, he does a good job. Even though he has quite a "likeable" face he still has a real scary air of menace all the time.

Dodgey_Rog

1,864 posts

146 months

[news] 
Friday 4th February 2011 quote quote all
davepoth said:
bigtomski said:
I've watched the whole series and pretty much loved every minute of it.
I actually think the 1st episode is not that great, too much annoying music in it for my taste, but as a series it gets better and better!
Great to see Stephen Graham from This is England playing Al Capone.

Edited by bigtomski on Thursday 3rd February 21:33
Yeah, he does a good job. Even though he has quite a "likeable" face he still has a real scary air of menace all the time.
You can hear his scouse accent coming through sometimes. Absolutely love this show, been waiting for Sky Atlantic for ages, HBO certainly know how to make the gritty drama's, in the UK we get ste about dinosaurs and a time traveling doctor!!!

2 3 ... 22 23
Reply to Topic