PistonHeads.com Forum

Jimmy Savile

Author
Discussion

ShampooEfficient

3,285 posts

116 months

Monday 8th October 2012
quotequote all
groak said:
Dead or alive? Hmmm. Cops and courts are going to be busy. Where do we start? Caligula? Nero?
Wrong sort of fiddling.


Halb

30,931 posts

88 months

Monday 8th October 2012
quotequote all
Lyring?

groak

3,254 posts

84 months

Monday 8th October 2012
quotequote all
laugh
ShampooEfficient said:
groak said:
Dead or alive? Hmmm. Cops and courts are going to be busy. Where do we start? Caligula? Nero?
Wrong sort of fiddling.
HA ha!! took me a few secs to klik to that! laugh

Twincam16

27,646 posts

163 months

Monday 8th October 2012
quotequote all
ShampooEfficient said:
groak said:
Dead or alive? Hmmm. Cops and courts are going to be busy. Where do we start? Caligula? Nero?
Wrong sort of fiddling.
Fire brigade were too busy to notice, frankly.

johnvthe2nd

1,234 posts

102 months

Monday 8th October 2012
quotequote all
I think Mike Smith would have been better off just keeping quiet .. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/9594236/Mik...
Advertisement

Jimboka

5,337 posts

109 months

Monday 8th October 2012
quotequote all
johnvthe2nd said:
I think Mike Smith would have been better off just keeping quiet .. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/9594236/Mik...
He makes a fair point really. Loads are making noises but nobody will stand up & make specific accusations. Much like the alleged victims of JS when he was alive to face the music...

Eric Mc

86,158 posts

170 months

Monday 8th October 2012
quotequote all
johnvthe2nd said:
I think Mike Smith would have been better off just keeping quiet .. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/9594236/Mik...
He's not wrong, you know.

johnvthe2nd

1,234 posts

102 months

Monday 8th October 2012
quotequote all
Eric Mc said:
He's not wrong, you know.
who, me or Mike Smith smile

I absolutely agree, but I think he's a brave man to stick his head above the parapet like that ...

maxfan

1,622 posts

48 months

Monday 8th October 2012
quotequote all
I will reserve my opinions until I hear the views of the greatest DJ of that era the man who inspired a nation - Mr Dave Lee Travis
Thank you for listening

Halb

30,931 posts

88 months

Monday 8th October 2012
quotequote all
In the current frothing knee-jerk frenzy, he is brave, but it probably still needs doing.
More general and vague accusations?

It makes me wonder if it is a bit like mass hallucinations, or people trying to recollect UFO sightings, and they tend to remember what someone has already talked about.

On the news item just, they had a slimy lawyer talking about the prospect of suing. Suing whom I'm not sure, the BBC maybe?

rohrl

7,903 posts

50 months

Monday 8th October 2012
quotequote all
maxfan said:
I will reserve my opinions until I hear the views of the greatest DJ of that era the man who inspired a nation - Mr Dave Lee Travis
Thank you for listening
Is that the same DLT who groped a Times journalist recently as she tried to interview him?

DJRC

23,563 posts

141 months

Monday 8th October 2012
quotequote all
rohrl said:
maxfan said:
I will reserve my opinions until I hear the views of the greatest DJ of that era the man who inspired a nation - Mr Dave Lee Travis
Thank you for listening
Is that the same DLT who groped a Times journalist recently as she tried to interview him?
You mean the one who groped a woman and not a young lady?

Or were you just trying to be a smart arse?

dave_s13

10,608 posts

174 months

Monday 8th October 2012
quotequote all
Is this going to adversely affect the price of my house do we think?



In Leeds too btw......and before anyone says anything serious...yes, tongue is firmly in cheek.

Jonnas

1,001 posts

68 months

Monday 8th October 2012
quotequote all
Who's tongue in who's cheek?

Oakey

19,350 posts

121 months

Monday 8th October 2012
quotequote all
I heard it was a finger, not a tongue.

CommanderJameson

22,096 posts

131 months

Monday 8th October 2012
quotequote all
Jimboka said:
He makes a fair point really. Loads are making noises but nobody will stand up & make specific accusations. Much like the alleged victims of JS when he was alive to face the music...
Alive, and with armies of highly paid lawyers to ensure that J. Random Nobody's accusation of illicit bumming didn't stick or even make it into the daylight.

Oakey

19,350 posts

121 months

Monday 8th October 2012
quotequote all
He successfully took out an injunction against The Sun to stop them publishing the fact he'd visited that childrens home in Jersey, as well as denying he'd ever been there despite there being photo evidence.

Pesty

35,241 posts

161 months

Monday 8th October 2012
quotequote all
Oakey said:
He successfully took out an injunction against The Sun to stop them publishing the fact he'd visited that childrens home in Jersey, as well as denying he'd ever been there despite there being photo evidence.
Freddy star has been accused now of sexual assault during the filming of a show with Jimmy. He claims he only met jimmy twice briefly once in his clothes shop and once somewhere else.

despite having the show all on film. Nice defense Freddy

maxfan

1,622 posts

48 months

Monday 8th October 2012
quotequote all
DJRC said:
You mean the one who groped a woman and not a young lady?

Or were you just trying to be a smart arse?
Until I see documented evidence that the master of myrth did indeed grope the journalist such as a police complaint or prosecution then I will not believe it
It is all too easy to make allegations in the light of current revelations
DLT was fantastic and I wont have the memory of his humerous radio shows destroyed by loose allegations
Thank you

StevieBee

5,299 posts

160 months

Monday 8th October 2012
quotequote all
cardigankid said:
It is patently clear that underage sex was rife in the pop music industry from the sixties onwards at least. John Peel has described girls of 13 and 14 throwing themselves at him in the States, where, correct me if I am wrong, the age of consent is 18. He was happy to oblige. It turns out that the Radio 1 roadshow was a hotbed of similar activity. Why do you imagine young blokes want to be pop stars or DJ's anyway? Anyone who used to watch Top of the Pops back in the day could tell you that it oozed sexuality, and anyone who imagined that a great deal of hanky panky was not taking place must be very naive.
They even sang songs about it!