Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
2 3 ... 112 113
Reply to Topic
Author Discussion

Ari

Original Poster:

10,247 posts

103 months

[news] 
Sunday 4th March 2012 quote quote all
So to be clear, according to the Catholic church it's ok for men to bugger choirboys, just do long as they don't marry them.

Eric Mc

78,292 posts

153 months

[news] 
Sunday 4th March 2012 quote quote all
There's a surprise?

MonkeyMatt

5,362 posts

95 months

[news] 
Sunday 4th March 2012 quote quote all
Cults can say what they want and get away with it!

Marf

22,907 posts

129 months

[news] 
Sunday 4th March 2012 quote quote all
They really should direct their ire at the straight people who keep making gay babies.

TheHeretic

73,668 posts

143 months

[news] 
Sunday 4th March 2012 quote quote all
I do think it is weird.

If it is because of the biblical passages, then why ignore the others? Why don't they condone killing children for being disrespectful, etc?

If it is because families should have a mum and a dad, and for making babies, then do they disagree with sterile adults marrying?

They just like to interfere. Nothing more, nothing less.
Advertisement

Eric Mc

78,292 posts

153 months

[news] 
Sunday 4th March 2012 quote quote all
Catholics don't read tghe bible so it can't be anything from that source.

Pints

16,253 posts

82 months

[news] 
Sunday 4th March 2012 quote quote all
Eric Mc said:
Catholics don't read tghe bible so it can't be anything from that source.
Pretty much this. And yet there will be those (probably in the majority) who will tar Christians with the same brush.

BTW do you have a source for this, OP?

Zaxxon

4,057 posts

48 months

[news] 
Sunday 4th March 2012 quote quote all
BBC News website

TheHeretic

73,668 posts

143 months

[news] 
Sunday 4th March 2012 quote quote all
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-17249099

He says it will be a shame on Britain, and a grotesque subversion. He also seems to link gay marriage with adoption, for some reason.

smileymikey

800 posts

114 months

[news] 
Sunday 4th March 2012 quote quote all
They are just looking out for us. Priests know from experience that gay sex is much more exciting if you keep it as "our little secret" wink

AndrewW-G

11,968 posts

105 months

[news] 
Sunday 4th March 2012 quote quote all
Yet more nonsense from delusional nut jobs.

If they or any other cult wish to tell their members, that they shouldn’t do something, fine. It is after all part of their cult . . . however to try and impose their ideas onto people who don’t share their iron age belief system should be outlawed, as it has no place in any progressive and arguably enlightened society.

jeff m2

1,417 posts

39 months

[news] 
Sunday 4th March 2012 quote quote all
Of course they would, they wouldn't their priests leaving to get married.

cymtriks

4,098 posts

133 months

[news] 
Sunday 4th March 2012 quote quote all
Ari said:
So to be clear, according to the Catholic church it's ok for men to bugger choirboys, just do long as they don't marry them.
What a silly statement.

When have they ever said that groping a choir boy is OK?

Marriage is intended, by their rules which perfectly reasonably apply to marriages performed in their churches, to be between men and women.

Assuming that you don't have a problem with your freedom of speech, and you doing what you want on your own property, why do you have a problem with him saying he doesn't want gays getting married in his church?

TheHeretic

73,668 posts

143 months

[news] 
Sunday 4th March 2012 quote quote all
cymtriks said:
What a silly statement.

When have they ever said that groping a choir boy is OK?

Marriage is intended, by their rules which perfectly reasonably apply to marriages performed in their churches, to be between men and women.

Assuming that you don't have a problem with your freedom of speech, and you doing what you want on your own property, why do you have a problem with him saying he doesn't want gays getting married in his church?
You mean there was no cover up so as to keep their 'reputation'? They may not think it was "OK", but their response to the abuse was atrocious.

AndrewW-G

11,968 posts

105 months

[news] 
Sunday 4th March 2012 quote quote all
cymtriks said:
Assuming that you don't have a problem with your freedom of speech, and you doing what you want on your own property, why do you have a problem with him saying he doesn't want gays getting married in his church?
It is the churches prerogative to decide who does or doesn’t get married in their churches, in the same way that they can tell their subordinates in their cult, what they should or should not do . . . . . .however when we have people like this sitting in the House of Lords, then the subject becomes a little less clear cut and a tad morally offensive

B Huey

4,881 posts

87 months

[news] 
Sunday 4th March 2012 quote quote all
AndrewW-G said:
It is the churches prerogative to decide who does or doesn’t get married in their churches, in the same way that they can tell their subordinates in their cult, what they should or should not do . . . . . .however when we have people like this sitting in the House of Lords, then the subject becomes a little less clear cut and a tad morally offensive
The sooner people like this have no say in our affairs the better.

TheHeretic

73,668 posts

143 months

[news] 
Sunday 4th March 2012 quote quote all
B Huey said:
The sooner people like this have no say in our affairs the better.
And this is why we have active secularists.

Eric Mc

78,292 posts

153 months

[news] 
Sunday 4th March 2012 quote quote all
AndrewW-G said:
cymtriks said:
Assuming that you don't have a problem with your freedom of speech, and you doing what you want on your own property, why do you have a problem with him saying he doesn't want gays getting married in his church?
It is the churches prerogative to decide who does or doesn’t get married in their churches, in the same way that they can tell their subordinates in their cult, what they should or should not do . . . . . .however when we have people like this sitting in the House of Lords, then the subject becomes a little less clear cut and a tad morally offensive
Are there Catholic Bishops in teh House of Lords - or are they banned?

TheHeretic

73,668 posts

143 months

[news] 
Sunday 4th March 2012 quote quote all
Eric Mc said:
Are there Catholic Bishops in teh House of Lords - or are they banned?
The Lords Spiritual. 26 of them sit in the house of Lords. No RC bishops though.
However...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/david-cam...

Edited by TheHeretic on Sunday 4th March 13:54

Guam

22,460 posts

156 months

[news] 
Sunday 4th March 2012 quote quote all
cymtriks said:
What a silly statement.

When have they ever said that groping a choir boy is OK?

Marriage is intended, by their rules which perfectly reasonably apply to marriages performed in their churches, to be between men and women.

Assuming that you don't have a problem with your freedom of speech, and you doing what you want on your own property, why do you have a problem with him saying he doesn't want gays getting married in his church?
^^^^^^

This I dont understan what any ones problem is, their belief structure in their churches, their rules surely?
Isnt that why Registry offices exist?

So you can dispense with the Religous stuff and just get the job done?
Go to a registry office end of problem!
2 3 ... 112 113
Reply to Topic