PistonHeads.com Forum

Bakerloo Line Collapsed?

Author
Discussion

AyBee

Original Poster:

7,845 posts

109 months

Thursday 26th April 2012
quotequote all
Has the tube line collapse under the Thames between Embankment and Waterloo - nothing on bbc yet but a few minor news stories breaking.

marshalla

15,348 posts

108 months

Thursday 26th April 2012
quotequote all
TfL website said:
Bakerloo Line

Suspended between Piccadilly Circus and Elephant and Castle due to an obstruction in tunnel at Embankment. Severe delays on the rest of the line.

Du1point8

19,250 posts

99 months

Thursday 26th April 2012
quotequote all
small defect on tunnel wall that the train hit...

wonder what that was.

AyBee

Original Poster:

7,845 posts

109 months

Thursday 26th April 2012
quotequote all
Du1point8 said:
small defect on tunnel wall that the train hit...

wonder what that was.
A partial collapse of the tunnel? wink
Advertisement

Du1point8

19,250 posts

99 months

Thursday 26th April 2012
quotequote all
AyBee said:
Du1point8 said:
small defect on tunnel wall that the train hit...

wonder what that was.
A partial collapse of the tunnel? wink
Bet its one of the metal plate they have in there.

Wonder how long before union blames TFL for bad health and safety and wants a pay rise for people doing more inspections.

DonkeyApple

23,143 posts

76 months

Thursday 26th April 2012
quotequote all
Du1point8 said:
small defect on tunnel wall that the train hit...

wonder what that was.
Bob Crowe's wallet?

nelly1

5,392 posts

138 months

Thursday 26th April 2012
quotequote all
DonkeyApple said:
Du1point8 said:
small defect on tunnel wall that the train hit...

wonder what that was.
Bob Crowe's wallet?
That would have looked like this...

skinley

1,681 posts

67 months

Thursday 26th April 2012
quotequote all
"There is no tunnel collapse in the Bakerloo line, nor is there any flooding or any injuries. It is wrong and irresponsible to suggest otherwise."


K12beano

16,640 posts

182 months

Thursday 26th April 2012
quotequote all
skinley said:
"There is no tunnel collapse in the Bakerloo line, nor is there any flooding or any injuries. It is wrong and irresponsible to suggest otherwise."
"...and I did not have sexual relations with that woman."


Strong denials are almost more worrying than the truth!

AyBee

Original Poster:

7,845 posts

109 months

Thursday 26th April 2012
quotequote all
skinley said:
"There is no tunnel collapse in the Bakerloo line, nor is there any flooding or any injuries. It is wrong and irresponsible to suggest otherwise."
So it's collapsed and there is flooding and people have been injured? wink

NiceCupOfTea

23,807 posts

158 months

Thursday 26th April 2012
quotequote all
PANIC!!!117

normalbloke

2,900 posts

126 months

Thursday 26th April 2012
quotequote all
Hoofy said:
They've gone and shot another Brazilian, haven't they?
Harsh.......

Hoofy

62,271 posts

189 months

Thursday 26th April 2012
quotequote all
Bah. I'll remove my post, then.

Trommel

13,031 posts

166 months

Thursday 26th April 2012
quotequote all
Bob Crow said:
This emergency incident exposes TfL's cavalier attitude to the work of its emergency response unit and exposes once again their willingness to chance their arm on public safety

Keyser Soze

16,186 posts

98 months

Thursday 26th April 2012
quotequote all
Trommel said:
Bob Crow said:
This emergency incident exposes TfL's cavalier attitude to the work of its emergency response unit and exposes once again their willingness to chance their arm on public safety
frown

For a while there I was hoping it was his fat head that had been hit

iphonedyou

6,081 posts

64 months

Thursday 26th April 2012
quotequote all
^ That's rich, given Tube Lines maintenance crews are on a 72 hour strike at the moment.

pablo

13,940 posts

180 months

Thursday 26th April 2012
quotequote all
best fill the car up with petrol and keep a jerry can in the garage just in case....

Du1point8

19,250 posts

99 months

Thursday 26th April 2012
quotequote all
iphonedyou said:
^ That's rich, given Tube Lines maintenance crews are on a 72 hour strike at the moment.
What it looks like to me is there is an issue on the line, the RMT called in the tunnel collapse (even though they have no men down there) to gain support for their strike and spread panic.

If this is in anyway true then they should be disgusted with themselves.

(Its the kind of thing Bob would do though)

iphonedyou

6,081 posts

64 months

Thursday 26th April 2012
quotequote all
Du1point8 said:
What it looks like to me is there is an issue on the line, the RMT called in the tunnel collapse (even though they have no men down there) to gain support for their strike and spread panic.

If this is in anyway true then they should be disgusted with themselves.

(Its the kind of thing Bob would do though)
I don't know - personally, I'd be disinclined to support them if I thought a partial collapse had occured while they were striking. It would sort of show how dangerous it is for them to strike.

But it wouldn't surprise me, right enough.