Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
1 2 ... 20 21
23 24 ... 34 35
Reply to Topic
Author Discussion

Halb

26,963 posts

80 months

[news] 
Saturday 13th October 2012 quote quote all
Bet he loved the Savile story.

Pupp

8,372 posts

169 months

[news] 
Saturday 13th October 2012 quote quote all
Well, despite the Savile story, he's still all over the papers. Just a matter of time...

Jasandjules

55,285 posts

126 months

[news] 
Saturday 13th October 2012 quote quote all
Pupp said:
Well, despite the Savile story, he's still all over the papers. Just a matter of time...
Last night I heard some copper again call for his sacking - he's calling coppers liars and I think I am going to be that the majority of the population would take the word of a Copper over a Politician......

Andy Zarse

9,932 posts

144 months

[news] 
Saturday 13th October 2012 quote quote all
Jasandjules said:
Last night I heard some copper again call for his sacking - he's calling coppers liars and I think I am going to be that the majority of the population would take the word of a Copper over a Politician......
Yes, it's a tough one though, they both habitually lie to their own ends.

smegmore

3,091 posts

73 months

[news] 
Saturday 13th October 2012 quote quote all
Andy Zarse said:
Yes, it's a tough one though, they both habitually lie to their own ends.
coffee

They're coming, I can hear the sirens...

hehe


Advertisement

Halb

26,963 posts

80 months

[news] 
Saturday 13th October 2012 quote quote all
Pupp said:
Well, despite the Savile story, he's still all over the papers. Just a matter of time...
I didn't know! I don't read papers. I do try and catch some broadcast news, but he's not been on that. The usual crap and Savile.

ClaphamGT3

4,786 posts

140 months

[news] 
Saturday 13th October 2012 quote quote all
In a last ditch attempt to extract some mileage from the incident, his local plod have criticised him following a meeting between he and they.

Senior torys are now openly criticising the police federation's opportunism on this and, on Any Questions last night, even Charlie Faulkener couldn't bring himself to criticise him

Milky Joe

3,851 posts

101 months

[news] 
Saturday 13th October 2012 quote quote all
ClaphamGT3 said:
In a last ditch attempt to extract some mileage from the incident, his local plod have criticised him following a meeting between he and they.

Senior torys are now openly criticising the police federation's opportunism on this and, on Any Questions last night, even Charlie Faulkener couldn't bring himself to criticise him
That should please you.

ClaphamGT3

4,786 posts

140 months

[news] 
Saturday 13th October 2012 quote quote all
Milky Joe said:
That should please you.
???

Milky Joe

3,851 posts

101 months

[news] 
Saturday 13th October 2012 quote quote all
ClaphamGT3 said:
???
I'm just saying you should be pleased.

Sparta VAG

436 posts

44 months

[news] 
Saturday 13th October 2012 quote quote all
I'm told by those in the know that tomorrow's papers will be interesting for Mr Mitchell...

whoami

10,568 posts

137 months

[news] 
Saturday 13th October 2012 quote quote all
Sparta VAG said:
I'm told by those in the know that tomorrow's papers will be interesting for Mr Mitchell...
Do tell...

Sparta VAG

436 posts

44 months

[news] 
Saturday 13th October 2012 quote quote all
whoami said:
Do tell...
I know nothing more than that - honest!

Also a couple of journos on Twitter suggesting that Cameron ought to sack Mitchell before tomorrow's papers force his hand.

As always though, to be taken with an enormous bucket of salt until facts become clear.

Pupp

8,372 posts

169 months

[news] 
Saturday 13th October 2012 quote quote all
whoami said:
Sparta VAG said:
I'm told by those in the know that tomorrow's papers will be interesting for Mr Mitchell...
Do tell...
Wild guess but I'd imagine Scoop has bagged an account of what was said from a non-police bystander...

whoami

10,568 posts

137 months

[news] 
Saturday 13th October 2012 quote quote all
Pupp said:
whoami said:
Sparta VAG said:
I'm told by those in the know that tomorrow's papers will be interesting for Mr Mitchell...
Do tell...
Wild guess but I'd imagine Scoop has bagged an account of what was said from a non-police bystander...
Yes, here's hoping.

baz1985

3,429 posts

142 months

[news] 
Saturday 13th October 2012 quote quote all
He'll be gone before PMQs on Wednesday.

Halb

26,963 posts

80 months

[news] 
Saturday 13th October 2012 quote quote all
That good enough to take to betfred?

Pupp

8,372 posts

169 months

[news] 
Sunday 14th October 2012 quote quote all
Sunday Times this morning saying 2 cabinet members urging for him to go and that he is to face 1922 Committee. CMD 'digging heels in' however...
Legs on this yet.

ClaphamGT3

4,786 posts

140 months

[news] 
Sunday 14th October 2012 quote quote all
Nothing on the front page of any of the Sundays this morning....

Dibble

8,202 posts

137 months

[news] 
Sunday 14th October 2012 quote quote all
I've no idea whether or not Mitchell made the comments attributed to him or not. There are three options - He said it exactly as reported/recorded by the Police, he said something similar which was misheard and misreported, or he said nothing like it and the Police have made up what he said. He clearly said "something", which he's "apologised" for.

In my simplistic world view, I think Mitchell's (second) biggest faux pas has been to fail to clarify what he DID say, rather than to keep saying he said something, but not what has been claimed. The problem is I suppose that now he's started with that tack, it's difficult for him to change direction. If he DID say the words attributed to him, surely he'd be in a better position now if he'd admitted it and apologised? I think his lack of clarity over what he DID say is making him look a bit of a dick, and he's been asked several times to explain exactly what he did say if it was not as has been reported.

The other thing that concerns me is how the press apparently/allegedly got hold of the "actual" Police report. Part of me thinks it should be reported/whistleblower, but at the same time, I'm uneasy that details are being leaked to the press.
1 2 ... 20 21
23 24 ... 34 35
Reply to Topic