Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
1 2 ... 28 29
31 32 ... 111 112
Reply to Topic
Author Discussion

Countdown

12,312 posts

92 months

[news] 
Sunday 7th October 2012 quote quote all
danjama said:
One of my best friends is a Muslim. As we got older he drifted away. You can guess why.
danjama said:
I might seem like a bigot
I think you've answered your own question.

danjama

2,475 posts

38 months

[news] 
Sunday 7th October 2012 quote quote all
They make it very difficult not to feel this way. But I can assure you you're quite far from the mark countdown.

968

10,121 posts

144 months

[news] 
Sunday 7th October 2012 quote quote all
danjama said:
They make it very difficult not to feel this way. But I can assure you you're quite far from the mark countdown.
"They?" Who are they? I suspect Countdown is one of them, that you'd like to ship out of this country wholesale. Or are you only referring to people who espouse extremist beliefs? If so then I would guess he and others would agree.

Pesty

33,198 posts

152 months

[news] 
Sunday 7th October 2012 quote quote all
968 said:
"They?" Who are they? I suspect Countdown is one of them, that you'd like to ship out of this country wholesale. Or are you only referring to people who espouse extremist beliefs? If so then I would guess he and others would agree.
Its interesting that you cannot see coundown as something different. I bet he does.

I Suspect countdown nor yourself really are not the 'they' he refers to or inded I when I ask questions regarding the subject.

I suspect, he has had similar experience to myself I lived in the midlands for 10 years and the 'they' I met on a daily basis were not educated professionals like yourself and countdown.

The 'they' I met were angry young men who basically hated the people and country in which they lived. I suspect these attitudes are born in the mosques where white women for just for fking and '20 years' was often said while bursting out laughing.

Countdown himself recounted a story of one of his relatives who wear traditional dress because others who don't are sluts. These are the people I believe he is referring to people who's culture is so alien they want to stay a separate group and have nothing to do with the indigenous population.

I have been to luton once a bunch of people wearing white saw me, crossed the road to shoulder barge me and then all Burst out laughing. I'm sure yourself and countdown would condemn that kind of behavior but its happening. I don't know if they where from Pakistani origin but chances are they were.

You may not be able to understand that when I ask what I feel are legitimate questions regarding immigrants from places like Pakistan I am not questioning all immigrants and bunching all together like you seem to think I 'we' are.


danjama

2,475 posts

38 months

[news] 
Sunday 7th October 2012 quote quote all
Pesty said:
Its interesting that you cannot see coundown as something different. I bet he does.

I Suspect countdown nor yourself really are not the 'they' he refers to or inded I when I ask questions regarding the subject.

I suspect, he has had similar experience to myself I lived in the midlands for 10 years and the 'they' I met on a daily basis were not educated professionals like yourself and countdown.

The 'they' I met were angry young men who basically hated the people and country in which they lived. I suspect these attitudes are born in the mosques where white women for just for fking and '20 years' was often said while bursting out laughing.

Countdown himself recounted a story of one of his relatives who wear traditional dress because others who don't are sluts. These are the people I believe he is referring to people who's culture is so alien they want to stay a separate group and have nothing to do with the indigenous population.

I have been to luton once a bunch of people wearing white saw me, crossed the road to shoulder barge me and then all Burst out laughing. I'm sure yourself and countdown would condemn that kind of behavior but its happening. I don't know if they where from Pakistani origin but chances are they were.

You may not be able to understand that when I ask what I feel are legitimate questions regarding immigrants from places like Pakistan I am not questioning all immigrants and bunching all together like you seem to think I 'we' are.
Thank you for wording that coherently where I wold have struggled, without digging myself a deeper hole. Living in the east end, and in such close proximity to Ilford et al, it is no joke.
Advertisement

br d

4,234 posts

122 months

[news] 
Sunday 7th October 2012 quote quote all
968 said:
"They?" Who are they? I suspect Countdown is one of them, that you'd like to ship out of this country wholesale. Or are you only referring to people who espouse extremist beliefs? If so then I would guess he and others would agree.
This is a vital statement and should be remembered during all these circuitous debates.
I'm very glad that 968, Countdown and others post on these threads because the debate needs to be inclusive.

What we don't need is anyone who makes any criticism of a different group being instantly labelled as a bigot, it is exactly that kind of subject stifling nonsense that has engendered the fear and misinformation surrounding these issues.
We need to hear all sides of this debate, loud and clear, then we can evaluate it properly.



And with that in mind I would like to say I only like 20 something Russian women, everybody else apart from them and me should be immediately shipped out of the country!
I'm thinking of organising a march.

kuzushi

226 posts

38 months

[news] 
Sunday 7th October 2012 quote quote all
blindswelledrat said:
Similarly, the muslim 'paedo gangs' aren't actually paedos. There is a massive difference between an underage girl and a pre-pubescent one.
That's true. I think the technical term for someone who fancies girls in their early teens is hebephile, not paedophile.

968

10,121 posts

144 months

[news] 
Sunday 7th October 2012 quote quote all
Pesty said:
Its interesting that you cannot see coundown as something different. I bet he does.

I Suspect countdown nor yourself really are not the 'they' he refers to or inded I when I ask questions regarding the subject.

I suspect, he has had similar experience to myself I lived in the midlands for 10 years and the 'they' I met on a daily basis were not educated professionals like yourself and countdown.

The 'they' I met were angry young men who basically hated the people and country in which they lived. I suspect these attitudes are born in the mosques where white women for just for fking and '20 years' was often said while bursting out laughing.



Countdown himself recounted a story of one of his relatives who wear traditional dress because others who don't are sluts. These are the people I believe he is referring to people who's culture is so alien they want to stay a separate group and have nothing to do with the indigenous population.

I have been to luton once a bunch of people wearing white saw me, crossed the road to shoulder barge me and then all Burst out laughing. I'm sure yourself and countdown would condemn that kind of behavior but its happening. I don't know if they where from Pakistani origin but chances are they were.

You may not be able to understand that when I ask what I feel are legitimate questions regarding immigrants from places like Pakistan I am not questioning all immigrants and bunching all together like you seem to think I 'we' are.
What you don't seem to understand and what the previous poster doesn't understand is that making statements which use massive generalisations is neither helpful nor advances your point or argument. If that was what the other poster meant then he should have said so in the first place. None of us here condone such behaviour, whoever the perpetrators are, but it seems that this website and indeed these threads to be exclusively reserved for one section of society.

kuzushi

226 posts

38 months

[news] 
Sunday 7th October 2012 quote quote all
kuzushi said:
That's true. I think the technical term for someone who fancies girls in their early teens is hebephile, not paedophile.
Apparently the word for someone who prefers adults is a teleiophile.

br d

4,234 posts

122 months

[news] 
Sunday 7th October 2012 quote quote all
kuzushi said:
Apparently the word for someone who prefers adults is a teleiophile.
Perverts!

kuzushi

226 posts

38 months

[news] 
Sunday 7th October 2012 quote quote all

I believe that islam is an evil creed, calling for the death of infidels and apostates, and if most muslims really took it seriously then we'd be in trouble. Fortunately the vast majority of muslims take islam about as seriously as Christians take their religion, ie. just lip service.

Jesus said:
"Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back." Luke 6:30

So a true follower of Jesus should give you £1000 if you ask them, otherwise they are disobeying Jesus.

Try it, go up to your local vicar (or pretty much any professing "Christian" and ask for a grand, quoting Luke 6:30. I'll be most surprised if the employee of God obliges you.

Countdown

12,312 posts

92 months

[news] 
Sunday 7th October 2012 quote quote all
Pesty said:
Its interesting that you cannot see coundown as something different. I bet he does.
Not sure what anybody sees me as tbh smile. I'm a British muslim Chartered Accountant who enjoys cars, specifically the engineering aspects and advanced driving. Knowing that I will have 4 lots of uni education and weddings to pay for means I am surprisingly poor frown

Pesty said:
I suspect, he has had similar experience to myself I lived in the midlands for 10 years and the 'they' I met on a daily basis were not educated professionals like yourself and countdown.
I have met a large number of feckless ignorant chav scum but their ethnic background varies, depending on which area they are from. Ive worked in Manchester so I've come across white chavs in Ordsall and Langworthy, Black chavs in Moss Side and Stretford, and Asian chavs. This class of person isn't specific to one culture, it's just that in some areas one type is more prevalent than the others.

Pesty said:
The 'they' I met were angry young men who basically hated the people and country in which they lived. I suspect these attitudes are born in the mosques where white women for just for fking and '20 years' was often said while bursting out laughing.
This differs slightly from my experiences. I've never met the "angry young men" who hate either the country or the people. Ive met quite a few who believe this country is involved in wars against muslims but any negative feelings are directed primarily at the Govt rather than Joe Public.

Having said that, there are most definitely extremist Jihadists out there; 7/7 shows us that and the MAC mob shows us that. But they don't represent "mainstream" muslims anymore than the IRA/UDF represent Northern Irish people, or Anders Breivik representing Norwegian people. All cultures have extremists within them.

Pesty said:
Countdown himself recounted a story of one of his relatives who wear traditional dress because others who don't are sluts. These are the people I believe he is referring to people who's culture is so alien they want to stay a separate group and have nothing to do with the indigenous population.
It seems you've significantly misinterpreted what I posted. Yes she did think some of the asian girls behaved like sluts. Not because of the clothes they wore but because of the way they behaved. She dresses the way she does, not to differentiate herself from others, but because she feels that's the appropriate way for her to be dressed in public. And as a nurse she's quite happy working with anybody who staggers into A&E, regardless of background or religion, so I think it's incorrect to say that she wants to stay separate from the indigenous community. IIRC one of her bridesmaids was an english schoolfriend and several schoolfriends came to her wedding. In any case her clothes choice is one for her and her alone to make. It's a free country and everybody is entitled to avail themselves of those freedoms, whether or not it meets with my or your approval.

Pesty said:
I have been to luton once a bunch of people wearing white saw me, crossed the road to shoulder barge me and then all Burst out laughing. I'm sure yourself and countdown would condemn that kind of behavior but its happening. I don't know if they where from Pakistani origin but chances are they were.
Of course I'd condemn it. But chances are both you and I would encounter similar behaviour in some mainly-white areas.



Countdown

12,312 posts

92 months

[news] 
Sunday 7th October 2012 quote quote all
kuzushi said:
kuzushi said:
That's true. I think the technical term for someone who fancies girls in their early teens is hebephile, not paedophile.
Apparently the word for someone who prefers adults is a teleiophile.
What do you call somebody who likes files ?

scratchchin

Happy82

6,992 posts

65 months

[news] 
Sunday 7th October 2012 quote quote all
Countdown said:
What do you call somebody who likes files ?

scratchchin
A Fileapaedo

Countdown

12,312 posts

92 months

[news] 
Sunday 7th October 2012 quote quote all
Happy82 said:
A Fileapaedo
What about somebody who likes Encyclopedias?

kuzushi

226 posts

38 months

[news] 
Sunday 7th October 2012 quote quote all
Countdown said:
What about somebody who likes Encyclopedias?
Don't know. What's someone who likes pedicures?

Pesty

33,198 posts

152 months

[news] 
Sunday 7th October 2012 quote quote all
968 said:
What you don't seem to understand and what the previous poster doesn't understand is that making statements which use massive generalisations is neither helpful nor advances your point or argument. If that was what the other poster meant then he should have said so in the first place. None of us here condone such behaviour, whoever the perpetrators are, but it seems that this website and indeed these threads to be exclusively reserved for one section of society.
I Think I do understand and i am pretty sure if we were to sit down I could talk for hours of my experiences and you would start to understand where I am coming from.

What I believe you should be asking yourself is why these threads are reserved for one section of society, without dare I say, taking it so personally. Not one person on this site has ever said all Pakistanis are the same.

For instance I have met nearly as many Sikhs and Hindu's and I can say hand on heart I have never had a problem with them or seen them cause a problem. In fact when one young lady told me her mother was looking through pictures to pick husband I immediately took a picture on my phone and sent it. It helped that she always brought me food and was stunning.
That was a common theme I have eaten so much free food from people of those background I'm starting to think they are trying to kill me slowly.

As apposed to nearly 100% bad experiences form the young muslim men I have met I couldn't even go to the frigging gym without getting grief. If that is a generalization then so be it it happens to be my experiences. If that makes me a bigot then I am a bigot but a reactionary bigot, if there is a such a thing.

Now obviously I am not saying all young Muslim men are like that and don't believe I ever have said that. What I do believe and what my experience has told me is that there is an issue with a proportion of that section of society a section of society that looks down on people who do not share the same religion.

By simply calling anybody who mentions this a bigot and trying to shut down the argument is neither helpful nor advances your argument either.

I believe there is an issue I'm not sure if it is religion or culture or a bit of both who knows. You can accuse me of wanting an all white Britain like you did in one of the threads or whatever and no matter what I say that won't change your mind and it wont change how I feel either. Its not about colour or race its about cultures.



Edited by Pesty on Sunday 7th October 19:18

Mermaid

21,359 posts

67 months

[news] 
Sunday 7th October 2012 quote quote all
Pesty said:
..What I believe you should be asking yourself is why these threads are reserved for one section of society, without dare I say, taking it so personally. Not one person on this site has ever said all Pakistanis are the same.

For instance I have met nearly as many Sikhs and Hindu's and I can say hand on heart I have never had a problem with them or seen them cause a problem.
If there ever was a poll on which minority group was the least liked in the UK, I have no doubt Pakistani's would be in the running for the award?

Why is that? Is it prejudice, media hype, government campaign, or people's experience? or all of these?
.

kuzushi

226 posts

38 months

[news] 
Sunday 7th October 2012 quote quote all
Pesty said:
By simply calling anybody who mentions this a bigot and trying to shut down the argument is neither helpful nor advances your argument either.
Edited by Pesty on Sunday 7th October 19:14
Very true. Just because you recognise there's a problem peculiar to islam certainly doesn't mean your a bigot. It's more a case that if you fail to recognise the problem with islam then you are in denial.

Mermaid

21,359 posts

67 months

[news] 
Sunday 7th October 2012 quote quote all
kuzushi said:
It's more a case that if you fail to recognise the problem with islam then you are in denial.
Ever tried to point out the short comings of an Apple product to an Apple fanboi, or Posche... wink That which can be good often also has faults that need recognising & sorting/updating.
1 2 ... 28 29
31 32 ... 111 112
Reply to Topic