Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
1 2 ... 30 31
33 34 ... 54 55
Reply to Topic
Author Discussion

RaeB

546 posts

110 months

[news] 
Friday 5th October 2012 quote quote all
robuk said:
Police activity reported on Barmouth beach.
False alarm, they've just rescued someone training for a triathlon according to Sky.

DavidUK

130 posts

93 months

[news] 
Friday 5th October 2012 quote quote all
Keyser Soze said:
The police knew they were looking for a LHD vehicle as April was seen to get into the vehicle on the drivers side

Its all in the thread would only take you 30 mins to read and catch up
I might have misunderstood the situation, but wasn't the LHD theory taken up on the word of some small children who said April climbed into the drivers side? What if the small children were mistaken? Or what if they were right, but the girl climbed into the drivers side of a RIGHT hand drive vehicle?
They also said that it was a van. Maybe small children would describe a land rover as a van, but maybe it really WAS a van.

It just seems very strange that no DNA evidence has been found in this blokes land rover

don'tbesilly

782 posts

59 months

[news] 
Friday 5th October 2012 quote quote all
DavidUK said:
It just seems very strange that no DNA evidence has been found in this blokes land rover
The Police have confirmed that?

If so,could you link to the source,thanks.

DavidUK

130 posts

93 months

[news] 
Friday 5th October 2012 quote quote all
don'tbesilly said:
The Police have confirmed that?

If so,could you link to the source,thanks.
The Police haven't said they have found anything whatsoever.

hornetrider

54,164 posts

101 months

[news] 
Friday 5th October 2012 quote quote all
DavidUK said:
The Police haven't said they have found anything whatsoever.
Here's some news for you. The police will not be sharing every single scrap and fact of the investigation with Joe Q.

Advertisement

Chrisw666

22,655 posts

95 months

[news] 
Friday 5th October 2012 quote quote all
ChunkyloverSV said:
http://www.facebook.com/HangMarkBridger?ref=strea

Wow, just wow. I really despair at some of the inhabitants of this country.
Yet another reason I'll never use it. I don't think its right that people who murder kids get bed and board for life but equally I don't understand how these idiots can't split arrested on suspicion of and charged with.

Pre bookface you'd have a few opinions voiced in the media, now half brained barely literate imbeciles can have their fill of hearing half a story and spew their moronic utterings into a sea of like minded mongs and gain a sense of pride from assuming they're right.

dfen5

1,668 posts

108 months

[news] 
Friday 5th October 2012 quote quote all
In cases like this I don't see why they don't pump the suspects full of truth drugs and see what they say. If it might mean finding the victin alive (if time allows) or even dead, it's got to be worth a go. If nothing is right, what difference would it make to a trial?

The girl looked so happy in the pictures. Truly heart breaking to think someone may have taken her life.

DavidUK

130 posts

93 months

[news] 
Friday 5th October 2012 quote quote all
hornetrider said:
Here's some news for you. The police will not be sharing every single scrap and fact of the investigation with Joe Q.
Possibily, but if they had found something I would think they would have disclosed it. In the absence of this it's safer to assume they haven't found anything than the other way around.


don'tbesilly

782 posts

59 months

[news] 
Friday 5th October 2012 quote quote all
DavidUK said:
don'tbesilly said:
The Police have confirmed that?

If so,could you link to the source,thanks.
The Police haven't said they have found anything whatsoever.
I doubt the Police would deny or confirm either way,certain things are never publicly declared until a trial,should one go ahead.

Listening to the news this evening,it was said that one of the reasons that Bridger had been arrested for suspicion of murder, was because of forensic evidence gained,however where that evidence came from was not disclosed.
It could well have came from the landrover.

oobster

5,504 posts

107 months

[news] 
Friday 5th October 2012 quote quote all
DavidUK said:
hornetrider said:
Here's some news for you. The police will not be sharing every single scrap and fact of the investigation with Joe Q.
Possibily, but if they had found something I would think they would have disclosed it. In the absence of this it's safer to assume they haven't found anything than the other way around.
<insert not sure if serious image>

Why would the police disclose any evidence? The only people the police should disclose any evidence to is perhaps her family and to the cps.

DavidUK

130 posts

93 months

[news] 
Friday 5th October 2012 quote quote all
don'tbesilly said:
I doubt the Police would deny or confirm either way,certain things are never publicly declared until a trial,should one go ahead.

Listening to the news this evening,it was said that one of the reasons that Bridger had been arrested for suspicion of murder, was because of forensic evidence gained,however where that evidence came from was not disclosed.
It could well have came from the landrover.
Maybe your right, who knows?

I'm just starting to get a little uncomfortable with this now just as I was with the Joanna Yates case when nearly everyone thought they had the right man and I was one of the few who didn't, based simply on that it didn't make sense. This also doesn't make sense on several levels, the main one being that if Bridger did it how could he even hope to get away with it as all reported 'suspicious movements' of his were conducted in broad daylight? If he did it then was certainly wasn't trying to be careful and yet there appears to be very little, if any, solid evidence.

DavidUK

130 posts

93 months

[news] 
Friday 5th October 2012 quote quote all
oobster said:
<insert not sure if serious image>

Why would the police disclose any evidence? The only people the police should disclose any evidence to is perhaps her family and to the cps.
That they have had to apply for several extentions to his detention would SUGGEST they don't have solid evidence otherwise they would have charged him earlier, and yet they still haven't charged him.

Oakey

18,319 posts

112 months

[news] 
Friday 5th October 2012 quote quote all
dfen5 said:
In cases like this I don't see why they don't pump the suspects full of truth drugs and see what they say. If it might mean finding the victin alive (if time allows) or even dead, it's got to be worth a go. If nothing is right, what difference would it make to a trial?

The girl looked so happy in the pictures. Truly heart breaking to think someone may have taken her life.
Why stop there? Why not water board them as well?

Rollcage

11,316 posts

88 months

[news] 
Friday 5th October 2012 quote quote all
Chris Jeffries was arrested on suspicion of murder - and IIRC his detention was extended.

Just sayin, like.

Killer2005

16,361 posts

124 months

[news] 
Friday 5th October 2012 quote quote all
Oakey said:
Why stop there? Why not water board them as well?
Mere half measures. Let's gets his Jacobs wired up the the national grid

dfen5

1,668 posts

108 months

[news] 
Friday 5th October 2012 quote quote all
Killer2005 said:
Mere half measures. Let's gets his Jacobs wired up the the national grid
I did think a couple of wet sponges and a nail where the fuse should be. Nothing to what will happen if he gets let out tomorrow @ 17:00..

Killer2005

16,361 posts

124 months

[news] 
Friday 5th October 2012 quote quote all
dfen5 said:
I did think a couple of wet sponges and a nail where the fuse should be. Nothing to what will happen if he gets let out tomorrow @ 17:00..
And if the police have made a balls up and got the wrong bloke?

Gazzab

16,576 posts

178 months

[news] 
Friday 5th October 2012 quote quote all
DavidUK said:
Maybe your right, who knows?

I'm just starting to get a little uncomfortable with this now just as I was with the Joanna Yates case when nearly everyone thought they had the right man and I was one of the few who didn't, based simply on that it didn't make sense. This also doesn't make sense on several levels, the main one being that if Bridger did it how could he even hope to get away with it as all reported 'suspicious movements' of his were conducted in broad daylight? If he did it then was certainly wasn't trying to be careful and yet there appears to be very little, if any, solid evidence.
One of the few? Most intelligent non-daily mail readers knew there was likely some doubt, no clear evidence, trial by media etc. Similar situation here. Very sad situation but media found him guilty before any facts are known. He might be guilty, it might be an accident etc

dfen5

1,668 posts

108 months

[news] 
Friday 5th October 2012 quote quote all
Killer2005 said:
And if the police have made a balls up and got the wrong bloke?
Let's wait and see.

Grenoble

16,586 posts

51 months

[news] 
Friday 5th October 2012 quote quote all
dfen5 said:
In cases like this I don't see why they don't pump the suspects full of truth drugs and see what they say. If it might mean finding the victin alive (if time allows) or even dead, it's got to be worth a go. If nothing is right, what difference would it make to a trial?

The girl looked so happy in the pictures. Truly heart breaking to think someone may have taken her life.
Because we live in a democracy? And truth drugs might have as many false positives as true positives. The brain is a complex place...

But yes, it is appalling, I'm just not sure how far injecting truth drugs into suspects takes us...


1 2 ... 30 31
33 34 ... 54 55
Reply to Topic