PistonHeads.com Forum

Police in search for missing 5 year old

Police in search for missing 5 year old

Author
Discussion

Rollcage

11,321 posts

104 months

Friday 5th October 2012
quotequote all
There's no such thing as a truth drug - all depends what you believe to be true in any case!

M3333

1,877 posts

126 months

Saturday 6th October 2012
quotequote all
ChunkyloverSV said:
http://www.facebook.com/HangMarkBridger?ref=strea

Wow, just wow. I really despair at some of the inhabitants of this country.
That page disgusts me - pea brained morons. Lets see what happens over the next few days but above all it would be amazing if they found the poor little girl safe and alive.

MartG

8,147 posts

116 months

Saturday 6th October 2012
quotequote all
M3333 said:
ChunkyloverSV said:
http://www.facebook.com/HangMarkBridger?ref=strea

Wow, just wow. I really despair at some of the inhabitants of this country.
That page disgusts me - pea brained morons. Lets see what happens over the next few days but above all it would be amazing if they found the poor little girl safe and alive.
Just report the page to Facebook admin, like I have just done. Hopefully with enough complaints they'll take it down

TheSnitch

2,215 posts

66 months

Saturday 6th October 2012
quotequote all
There have been many high profile cases recently where the police have repeatedly sought extra time to question suspects, but - and I am sure someone with experience of working in this area will correct me if I'm wrong - as I understand it, once they charge someone they can't question him any further? I can understand that they would want to get as much out of him as possible while they still can

Jimboka

5,811 posts

116 months

Saturday 6th October 2012
quotequote all
Innocent until proven guilty & all that. There may be some unexpected twists & turns...
Advertisement

Grenoble

21,882 posts

67 months

Saturday 6th October 2012
quotequote all
Charge or release by 5pm?

Seti

1,845 posts

116 months

El Guapo

2,661 posts

102 months

Saturday 6th October 2012
quotequote all
It seems strange to me that the investigation is progressing so slowly. From the manner in which the searches are being carried out, the police still don't seem to have any information to work with.
I can only conclude that either Bridger is refusing to say anything or he does not know anything. It will be interesting to see whether he is charged or released later today.

Frik

Original Poster:

12,694 posts

155 months

Saturday 6th October 2012
quotequote all
It certainly suggests they don't have any really damning evidence against him. If he doesn't get charged then this story gets a lot stranger.

Grenoble

21,882 posts

67 months

Saturday 6th October 2012
quotequote all
El Guapo said:
It seems strange to me that the investigation is progressing so slowly. From the manner in which the searches are being carried out, the police still don't seem to have any information to work with.
I can only conclude that either Bridger is refusing to say anything or he does not know anything. It will be interesting to see whether he is charged or released later today.
Though he will then probably be taken somewhere for his own protection/safety?

After all, he's been tried and convicted in the eyes of the general public.

Either way, his life will never be the same again.

Ozzie Osmond

21,189 posts

158 months

Saturday 6th October 2012
quotequote all
1. Helping the police with their enquiries.

This is an informal discussion with the police. If you become a suspect you will be given the police caution (see below) so that what you say afterwards can be used as evidence. You may also be arrested.

The caution means that you do not have to answer any questions, you can have a solicitor present and the interview will be recorded. You can remain silent or say 'no comment' if you want.

You are free to leave at any time unless the police arrest you.

2. Arrest

If you are arrested, the police have formed a "reasonable suspicion" that you are responsible for the crime and the next stage for them is to secure evidence by questioning. You have the right to have a solicitor present and advise you whether to answer questions. Note: if you are arrested without such reasonable suspicion you can claim compensation for wrongful arrest.

The police caution will be given, "You do not have to say anything. However, it may harm your defence if you do not mention when questioned something which you later rely on in court. Anything you do say may be given in evidence."

Normally you must be charged within 24 hours after arrest or released, but if you are suspected of a serious crime (e.g. murder), this can be extended to 36 hours by a police superintendent or to 96 hours by a court.

After this time, the police must either charge you or release you.

3. Charge

Once charged with a crime you are probably going to court. That doesn't necessarily mean you are locked up straight away as the police can let you go home on "police bail". A common situation for police bail might be someone charged with a serious motoring offence.

If the Crown Prosecution Service later decides not to proceed with the case, charges can be withdrawn and you will have a clean record.

After you have been charged there will be no further police questioning. (Unless you are a terrorist)

skinley

1,681 posts

72 months

Saturday 6th October 2012
quotequote all
Dr Doofenshmirtz said:
I did wonder if maybe April was bullying this blokes kid and possibly he decided to take matters into his own hands - and it all went horribly wrong?
Pure speculation of course. It's all very odd.
For fks sake! rolleyes

That has to be the most moronic comment on this, or any, thread ever.

Getragdogleg

5,082 posts

95 months

Saturday 6th October 2012
quotequote all
Ozzie Osmond said:
After you have been charged there will be no further police questioning. (Unless you are a terrorist)
So the police are no longer actually questioning the suspect in custody ?

If that is the case then I suspect they have got as much as they are likely to get from him and have either charged him because they believe him to be responsible, or they need extra time to find evidence or just to keep him away from the rest of the world, some of whom appear to have gone quite mad with some form of red mist.

If he is guilty of some wrongdoing, either direct or accidental then the trial is going to be interesting, the media and social networks have been in overdrive. A fair trial might be tricky unless you bus in a load of Amish jurors.

TheSnitch

2,215 posts

66 months

Saturday 6th October 2012
quotequote all
Getragdogleg said:
Ozzie Osmond said:
After you have been charged there will be no further police questioning. (Unless you are a terrorist)
So the police are no longer actually questioning the suspect in custody ?

If that is the case then I suspect they have got as much as they are likely to get from him and have either charged him because they believe him to be responsible, or they need extra time to find evidence or just to keep him away from the rest of the world, some of whom appear to have gone quite mad with some form of red mist.

If he is guilty of some wrongdoing, either direct or accidental then the trial is going to be interesting, the media and social networks have been in overdrive. A fair trial might be tricky unless you bus in a load of Amish jurors.
He hasn't been charged yet, has he? Therefore they can still question him

ali_kat

30,657 posts

133 months

Saturday 6th October 2012
quotequote all
He hasn't been charged yet - they have until 5pm today to either charge him, or release him

I pity the poor guy if they release him

Hung, drawn & quartered by the population just because he was arrested - if everyone the Police arrested was guilty... Australia woudl still be a prison rofl

TheSnitch

2,215 posts

66 months

Saturday 6th October 2012
quotequote all
skinley said:
Dr Doofenshmirtz said:
I did wonder if maybe April was bullying this blokes kid and possibly he decided to take matters into his own hands - and it all went horribly wrong?
Pure speculation of course. It's all very odd.
For fks sake! rolleyes

That has to be the most moronic comment on this, or any, thread ever.
I'd like to second that



Lost_BMW

12,955 posts

88 months

Saturday 6th October 2012
quotequote all
Grenoble said:
El Guapo said:
It seems strange to me that the investigation is progressing so slowly. From the manner in which the searches are being carried out, the police still don't seem to have any information to work with.
I can only conclude that either Bridger is refusing to say anything or he does not know anything. It will be interesting to see whether he is charged or released later today.
Though he will then probably be taken somewhere for his own protection/safety?

After all, he's been tried and convicted in the eyes of the general public.

Either way, his life will never be the same again.
Another victim in this - especially if he did do this - is his own family/daughter. How must it (will it) be to grow up knowing your dad killed a classmate? Awful thought.

Oakey

20,437 posts

128 months

Saturday 6th October 2012
quotequote all
Seti said:
MouthBreather said:
Jessica Morris Keep it open- we need somewhere to convene if he gets released- we will need to arrange a march to his house for welsh justice if he gets released!!! X

otolith

32,752 posts

116 months

Saturday 6th October 2012
quotequote all
Thick as pigst fantasists. Nothing new there.

Symbolica

10,706 posts

127 months

Saturday 6th October 2012
quotequote all
I genuinely think they'll struggle to try him after the field day that the media has had.