Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
1 2
Reply to Topic
Author Discussion

swerni

21,709 posts

93 months

[news] 
Sunday 30th September 2012 quote quote all
I can get an Amex Euro card, which gets round the problem, but it isn't linked to the main card to would have to pay for that and gain no rewards.

My expenditure is all hotels, taxi's and entertainment for business, so the insurance bit doesn't really help a great deal.

bad company

3,680 posts

149 months

[news] 
Thursday 4th October 2012 quote quote all
I understand that Amex Centurion is now £2500. Does anybody know if that is an annual or one off fee?

tigerkoi

1,825 posts

81 months

[news] 
Friday 5th October 2012 quote quote all
bad company said:
I understand that Amex Centurion is now £2500. Does anybody know if that is an annual or one off fee?
There is the 'Initiation Fee', a one off payment at the start of the relationship. It's in the low thousands, £2,500. Then there is the separate annual charge.

bad company

3,680 posts

149 months

[news] 
Friday 5th October 2012 quote quote all
tigerkoi said:
There is the 'Initiation Fee', a one off payment at the start of the relationship. It's in the low thousands, £2,500. Then there is the separate annual charge.
Does anybody here know what the annual charge is?

tigerkoi

1,825 posts

81 months

[news] 
Friday 5th October 2012 quote quote all
bad company said:
tigerkoi said:
There is the 'Initiation Fee', a one off payment at the start of the relationship. It's in the low thousands, £2,500. Then there is the separate annual charge.
Does anybody here know what the annual charge is?
£1,800...
Advertisement

Stedman

5,601 posts

75 months

[news] 
Saturday 6th October 2012 quote quote all
crmcatee said:
So in the past year or so they've kicked people over 70 out from using their insurance (one of the main reasons I got it for supplementary users) and now the 50% price increase.

Me thinks I'm losing out here - will have to reconsider when it's time for renewal.
Exact reasons my parents have let Platinum too. Were members for over 20 years. I think i'll be getting a Gold Card for myself if they off decent travel insurance.

David Beer

2,373 posts

150 months

[news] 
Saturday 6th October 2012 quote quote all
You have to be invited to centurion, then it is 1800 as I have just paid it! Is it worth it ? I have renewed every year.

JPJPJP

2,562 posts

51 months

[news] 
Wednesday 17th October 2012 quote quote all
I rang to kick up a fuss about the fee increase, muting that on my renewal date (in November), I would be away on my toes because of the fee increase

Lo and behold a £150 credit has been applied to my account

Not to offset the fee of course, but to reward my loyalty...

got to be happy with that

Mermaid

16,931 posts

54 months

[news] 
Wednesday 17th October 2012 quote quote all
That's a good result - assumes you spend a fair bit with them.

tuffer

6,010 posts

150 months

[news] 
Wednesday 17th October 2012 quote quote all
I use a AMEX BA card, put all my expenses on it and pay off in full every month. BA companion voucher every year and more Avios than I can shake a stick at. Not used any of the other benefits but sure they would come in handy. Not sure what the annual fee is but I think it's only about 150.

JPJPJP

2,562 posts

51 months

[news] 
Thursday 18th October 2012 quote quote all
Mermaid said:
That's a good result - assumes you spend a fair bit with them.
me and OH (as supplementary card holder) use it anywhere that takes it for anything we spend
1 2
Reply to Topic