Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
1 2 ... 219 220
222 223 ... 500 501
TOPIC CLOSED
Author Discussion

Petrolhead95

6,341 posts

40 months

[news] 
Tuesday 24th April 2012 quote quote all
"Football is a load of st, it takes no talent to kick a ball around".

Yeah, because everyone that can kick a football around is a professional footballer aren't they?

Stupid idiot.

JayTee94

10,974 posts

43 months

[news] 
Tuesday 24th April 2012 quote quote all
Charlie Michael said:
Today, people who leave voicemails of them putting the phone down. Very annoying when you come into the office and some bozo has decided to leave you 10 voicemails all of which are him/her putting the bloody phone down. furious
This annoys me too. furious

I work 9-5 on phones making calls, but on the rare occasion that I miss a call I will answer the message like normal. Like last Friday I heard this:

'Oh, dammit I got voicemail. I didnt want that.. Lucy, what should I do if I get a voicemail. Wait, what (?!) I need to leave a message?! I have already heard the beep, so does that mean they can hear this? Oh crap. Well if anyone hears it then just ignore this message'

Seriously. It gives you enough warning that you will need to leave a message and in some cases you can press a certain button to start again. Grr!!

I don't like leaving VM's, and from time to time you can make a mistake but sometimes you need to leave a message. IIRC I have made one mistake on VM since I started in November and that was when I forgot to mention our company telephone number. They still contacted me two days later..

Sorry. As you were... hehe


thumbup


Strangely Brown

7,215 posts

117 months

[news] 
Wednesday 25th April 2012 quote quote all
People whose only contribution to a thread is:

hehe

silverthorn2151

4,223 posts

65 months

[news] 
Wednesday 25th April 2012 quote quote all
Marks and Spencer self service checkout.

Pint of milk = 49p
Insert £1 = 51p change

You'd think a 50p and a penny but no, for some reason it gave me

20p x 1
5p x 1
2p x 13!!

FFS, i felt like I was at one of those old fruit machines on Southend seafront!

Obviously, this being PH, I throw the brown coins at the feet of the tramps and down and outs...but 26p's worth...should I be forced to be that generous to the local vagrants?

smartypants

22,012 posts

55 months

[news] 
Wednesday 25th April 2012 quote quote all
The amount of rain we've had since the hosepipe ban.
Advertisement

V8mate

37,006 posts

75 months

[news] 
Wednesday 25th April 2012 quote quote all
silverthorn2151 said:
Marks and Spencer self service checkout.

Pint of milk = 49p
Insert £1 = 51p change

You'd think a 50p and a penny but no, for some reason it gave me

20p x 1
5p x 1
2p x 13!!

FFS, i felt like I was at one of those old fruit machines on Southend seafront!

Obviously, this being PH, I throw the brown coins at the feet of the tramps and down and outs...but 26p's worth...should I be forced to be that generous to the local vagrants?
Amounts exceeding 20p (of 2p pieces) are not legal tender. You should have thrown them at the manager and demanded satisfation!

smartypants

22,012 posts

55 months

[news] 
Wednesday 25th April 2012 quote quote all
V8mate said:
Amounts exceeding 20p (of 2p pieces) are not legal tender. You should have thrown them at the manager and demanded satisfation!
Interesting. Just looked this up:

http://www.royalmint.com/aboutus/policies-and-guid...


On the flip side, if I read it correctly, if you adhere to strict legal tender guidelines you must pay the exact amount as "no change can be demanded"

So he could be on to a loser there if he goes to the manager smile

silverthorn2151

4,223 posts

65 months

[news] 
Wednesday 25th April 2012 quote quote all
V8mate said:
Amounts exceeding 20p (of 2p pieces) are not legal tender. You should have thrown them at the manager and demanded satisfation!
When you put it like that I feel like I've let the side down chaps!

I shall get my own back by purchasing tomorrows pint by credit card! That'll learn 'em!

V8mate

37,006 posts

75 months

[news] 
Wednesday 25th April 2012 quote quote all
smartypants said:
Interesting. Just looked this up:

http://www.royalmint.com/aboutus/policies-and-guid...


On the flip side, if I read it correctly, if you adhere to strict legal tender guidelines you must pay the exact amount as "no change can be demanded"

So he could be on to a loser there if he goes to the manager smile
Not in M&S. I daresay the manager would have swapped the coppers for a shiny coin from his own pocket smile

smartypants

22,012 posts

55 months

[news] 
Wednesday 25th April 2012 quote quote all
V8mate said:
Not in M&S. I daresay the manager would have swapped the coppers for a shiny coin from his own pocket smile
Probably right smile

Strangely Brown

7,215 posts

117 months

[news] 
Wednesday 25th April 2012 quote quote all
smartypants said:
The amount of rain we've had since the hosepipe ban.
This is a good thing. Don't knock it.

Jabbah

898 posts

40 months

[news] 
Wednesday 25th April 2012 quote quote all
Strangely Brown said:
This is a good thing. Don't knock it.
Yes its a good thing but its the timing of it. As soon as we get the ban the heavens open! WTF, why couldn't we enjoy a bit more fine weather first!?

Strangely Brown

7,215 posts

117 months

[news] 
Wednesday 25th April 2012 quote quote all
Jabbah said:
Yes its a good thing but its the timing of it. As soon as we get the ban the heavens open! WTF, why couldn't we enjoy a bit more fine weather first!?
You've had plenty of fine weather. That's why there's a bloody hosepipe ban!

smartypants

22,012 posts

55 months

[news] 
Wednesday 25th April 2012 quote quote all
Strangely Brown said:
This is a good thing. Don't knock it.
It's pointless, they can't hold onto the water that we get and then process. That's the main problem, not lack of rain.

Jabbah

898 posts

40 months

[news] 
Wednesday 25th April 2012 quote quote all
Strangely Brown said:
You've had plenty of fine weather. That's why there's a bloody hosepipe ban!
A lack of rain does not necessarily equate to fine weather...

smartypants

22,012 posts

55 months

[news] 
Wednesday 25th April 2012 quote quote all
Agreed, the weather has been largely rubbish for a long while now. Since last April actually.

Strangely Brown

7,215 posts

117 months

[news] 
Wednesday 25th April 2012 quote quote all
Jabbah said:
A lack of rain does not necessarily equate to fine weather...
Correct. It equates to dry weather, which, IME, has been mostly fine.

In the spirit of the thread, I'll add:

People who moan about rain in the middle of a drought.

Jabbah

898 posts

40 months

[news] 
Wednesday 25th April 2012 quote quote all
smartypants said:
It's pointless, they can't hold onto the water that we get and then process. That's the main problem, not lack of rain.
I'd be happy if it rained till the end of May, ended the hose pipe ban and then glorious weather for summer. But 1) It will be the wrong type of rain 2) As you say, they just piss it away through leaks 3) We will never have glorious weather in the summer.

DJFish

4,286 posts

149 months

[news] 
Wednesday 25th April 2012 quote quote all
On the subject of rain, hosepipe bans etc...
About six years ago my dear old Mum moved into a new house and had a meter installed after starting a new contract with the water company.

After some rather big bills she raised a query with the water company who referred her to the insurance & maintenance company who sent out their sub contracted repairers.

They discovered her meter had been supplying three other houses in her terrace, they installed a new main and that was that.

Except it wasn't because the other day the old trout informed me that she was still getting the big bills several years later.
So out came the chaps with their buckets and spades to discover that the previous lot had left an open end on the old feed and hadn't properly isolated it so water had been pissing into the ground for years and the old dear had been paying for it.

In case anyone was wondering where all the water went, it's under my Mum's house.


smartypants

22,012 posts

55 months

[news] 
Wednesday 25th April 2012 quote quote all
Jabbah said:
I'd be happy if it rained till the end of May, ended the hose pipe ban and then glorious weather for summer. But 1) It will be the wrong type of rain 2) As you say, they just piss it away through leaks 3) We will never have glorious weather in the summer.
I'd settle for that, but it will be yet another crap summer. Didn't have a single impromptu BBQ last year.


DJFish said:
On the subject of rain, hosepipe bans etc...

In case anyone was wondering where all the water went, it's under my Mum's house.

hehe
1 2 ... 219 220
222 223 ... 500 501
TOPIC CLOSED